Checking Interest - BESM d20 game?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If joining, I'd vote for BESM d20, mostly because M&M is a mathematical nightmare for me and I've always wanted to see the BESM rules in action.

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm only interested in this game if it uses the M&M rules (either 2nd or 3rd edition with a preference on the later).

I just think animed20 is just to unbalanced and the rules are not very good anyway. It always seemed like a rushed attempt to convert Tri-Stat to d20, lacking much of the formers otions the attributes.

BTW, Herobizkit, if the game uses the animed20 point-buy rules, as suggested, the math isn't easier than in M&M. It just makes less sense ;)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Here are the point-buy rules, if you don't have the revised edition, which includes errata and optional rules:

CHARACTER CREATION
GMs should provide players with a number of Character Points
(minimum of 40 for player characters) with which to make characters.
Each 10 Points above 40 equals one additional ECL (Effective Character
Level). For example, if the GM provides players 90 Character Points with
which to make characters, the characters are ECL 5.
Players may spend Points to acquire or increase Attributes, modify
ability scores, or acquire new Feats. Some notes:
Ability Scores: If a player may improve his or her character's ability
score(s) by 1 per 0.5 Point.
Skills: All non-combat Skills are class Skills. All combat Skills are
cross class Skills. If a player wishes to improve his or her character's Skills,
he or she gains a number of Skill Points depending on the character
Points invested:
2+Int modifier for 0.5 Point
4+Int modifier for 1 Point
6+Int modifier for 1.5 Points
8+Int modifier for 2 Points
Hit Points: If a player wishes to improve his or her character's Hit
Points, he or she gains a hit die, the size of which depends on the
Character Points invested:
d4 for 1 Points
d6 for 1.5 Points
d8 for 2 Points
d10 for 2.5 Points
d12 for 3 Points
Saving Throws: If a player wishes to improve his or her character's
saving throws, each +1 costs 1 Character Point.
Base Attack Bonus: If a player wishes to improve his or her
character's base attack bonus, he or she should take the Attack Combat
Mastery Attribute.
Attributes and Feats: If a player wishes to improve or gain a new
Attribute or Feat, it costs the same number of Character Points as it does
during character creation.
Unspent Points: Points (or partial Points) may be saved and spent
at a later point

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm only interested in this game if it uses the M&M rules (either 2nd or 3rd edition with a preference on the later).

I just think animed20 is just to unbalanced and the rules are not very good anyway. It always seemed like a rushed attempt to convert Tri-Stat to d20, lacking much of the formers otions the attributes.

BTW, Herobizkit, if the game uses the animed20 point-buy rules, as suggested, the math isn't easier than in M&M. It just makes less sense ;)

kind of ironic that BESM and M&M have the exact opposite problems.. Besm is too easily Unbalanced, and M&M is to some people TOO balanced.
personally I prefer the balanced, but BESM's complete openness can be refreshing at times.

As far as math goes, I find them both about the same, and character building in these systems is half the fun, at least for me..

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
So far M&M is leading the chase. I think everyone has spoken, though, at least as near as I can tell. Any late votes will be considered.

Next question: Who wants to GM this game in M&M? Volunteers?

Walking Dad

First Post
I had a strange vision of running a Masters of the Universe game based only on the two first mini-comic seasons (the ones from DC) that were packaged with the action figures. It would be perfect for an anime feeling: big magic weapons, animal based characters, wild mix of magic and technology...

but I have currently some time restraints.

Jemal

Adventurer
All kinds of yes! WD that would be awesome!

I don't have the time myself, I'm already running 2 and a bit pressed IRL with moving and whatnot, but I'd definitely throw my player hat in for something like that!

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Actually I started the thread because I was willing to GM a BESMd20 game, but that is not the system that the majority wants to play, so, as I have never played M&M, own no books for it and don't have time to learn a new system, I am just trying to help facilitate a game for those wanting to play under M&M.

Remove ads