HM's Rise of the Runelords - IC

Kaodi

Hero
"Finding them should not be too difficult," says Wesh. "Goblins have lived in these parts for years, picking through the dump, generally making a nuisance of themselves. I might even be able to tell you where exactly they are likely holed up if you give me a minute to think about it." The young man scans the area and adds, "I really think we would be better off to get everything here back under control and confer with the Sheriff before we run off looking for more trouble."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Rather than cutting them off, we should follow them. Let them lead us to the nest. Then we can destroy them at the source and spare this town any further raids."

"An excellent idea," Aldren says to Khepri's suggestion. "You are as intelligent as you are beautiful, truly you are blessed by Desna."

Ignoring the man (outwardly) Khepri and the others head towards the remaining noise of running and screaming goblins.

The surviving goblins flee north in droves. They put up no resistance as some of the guard capture a few along the way. When the group reaches Junker's Edge they see the natural stairs clogged with goblins, and those that can't reach the steps are jumping from the cliff, to avoid being caught.

Following may not be the easiest of things to do as Wesh notices the different tribes represented in the goblins "I don't think there is one nest. More like five or six different tribes here altogether."

"Hmmm... you may be right. I'll follow them to see if there is one lair. If they start to split up I'll come back right away." Zahur says watching the fleeing creatures. "You should take this news back to the temple. These goblins have lost their fight and one can be quieter and quicker than two."

[sblock=OOC] Good roll - There are five major tribes in the Sandpoint area (and numerous lesser) these goblins are from all five major tribes plus two or three of the lesser ones. Wesh would think it best to take his finding to the Sheriff right away.

Need to get Zahur out of the way for a bit anyway.

Regrouping at the temple then? Or does the group have another idea?[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"Sounds like a plan," says Wesh, smiling, as he claps Zahur's shoulder. "Be careful out here. They might be afraid now, but they are tricky bastards."

Turning back to the others the quickblade asks, "Any objections to us heading back now then? Even if we decide going commando is our next step, I think we are going to need some of the Sheriff's men to watch our lines of retreat. There are a lot of goblin holed up around here after all."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jeyanah cocks her head to the side, as though listening to some sound carried on the ocean breeze. She sheathes the long, curved blade in her hand and reaches absently into a belt pouch, jumping only slightly as the piece of jerky she was pulling out flies from her fingers and lands some 5' away on the rocky path. "Lapè, ti frè, enough." A look of mild irritation mixed with fondness crosses her features briefly, and is gone. She stretches her shoulders with a crack. "Back to the temple, then?"

JeyanahAsasehnEWPortrait-1.png

[sblock=Stat Block]
JEYANAH ASASEHN CR 1/2
Female Human (Shoanti) Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) 1
CG Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +1
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10/14 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Weakness Haunted
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 35 ft.
Melee
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Curve Blade, Elven +4 (1d10+1/18-20/x2)
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Hanbo +4 (1d6+1/20/x2)
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
Special Attacks
. . Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day)
Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) Spells Known (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Burning Disarm (DC 14)
0 (at will) Mending, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (DC 13), Sotto Voce (DC 13), Light, Enhanced Diplomacy, Spark (DC 13)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Curve Blade, Elven, Persuasive, Totem Spirit - Tamiir-Quah (Wind Clan), Weapon Finesse
Traits Bred for War (Shoanti), Fast-Talker, Giant Slayer
Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +8, Climb +0, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +4, Intimidate +10, Perception +1, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +2, Swim +0
Languages Common, Shoanti, Varisian
Combat Gear
Cestus, Curve Blade, Elven, Dagger (3), Dagger, Hanbo, Masterwork Chain Shirt
Other Gear
Backpack, Masterwork (9 @ 14 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (5 @ 1.5 lbs), Bedroll, Charcoal Stick, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Journal, Lantern, hooded, Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Rations, trail (per day) (4), Soap, Bar (50 uses), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Giant Slayer +1 Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, attack and damage against giants.
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day) (Su) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 Electricity damage.
--------------------
"The giants took my family . . . not my life, though I thought it at the time.

"I was born into the Otòn tribe of the Tamiir-Quah Shaonti 17 summers past. My life in the mountains of northern Varisia was good; I had the love and respect of my family, and I excelled in the games and contests my people use for preparing their youth to enter the world as adults.

"But I never reached my passage. On the eve of my name-day and marking ceremony - the 14th anniversary of my birth - the giants attacked my tribe and slaughtered all of my kin. I was 'spared' only because I had retreated to our sacred cave to prepare myself for my naming. Lost in the trance my people use for ground and center, I did not even hear the sounds of the ending of my world.

"When I 'awoke' and went to join my people, my ground was shattered, my center blown away by the storm of slaughter revealed to my eyes.

"The tempest of my grief was almost my destruction, but I lived through the body of the storm and eventually found it's eye. A . . . presence . . . called to me, caught me up and anchored me in calm. I know not the length of time I spent within the eye of my grief-storm, listening to the council of winds all around me, but when the eye released me from its calm I found that I had passed through the other edge of my sorrow. The winds that once howled of the passing of my tribe now sing to me of purpose, though I know not what it is.

"Bereft of kith and kin, past the age of my youth but unable to live amongst the Shaonti as an adult because I had not completed my naming, I left the mountains of Varisia. For the past three years I have traveled the land, doing what I can to preserve my honor and hone my skills as I seek the purpose to which the wind calls me. I have met many people, made many friends; I have learned much of the calling of the wind and improved my martial skills.

"I know that the Otòn continue - they whisper to me when the winds are quiet, they play their mischievous tricks upon me to remind me of their presence. It is not much, but it suffices. I am at peace.

Except for the giants."

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Khepri looks like she wants to argue, but then nods and relaxes a bit. This was not her land, nor her people, and it behooved her to behave as a guest would. They knew best in these situations. And it didn't become her to act rashly, or with anger. She needed a clearer mind than that.

"Very well," she replied with a slight bow to Zahur. "I will stand ready to help your people when it is time."

Then she turned to Wesh and Jeyanah to offer another polite little bow.

"With your leave, I will go to the temple with you."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Zahur starts off after the goblins and then looks back giving a wave to the group before disappearing behind some rocks.

The rest of the group heads back to the church to find some of the locals have already started cleaning up the area. As the approach the stage they hear a few whispers coming from folk as they pass.

"Did those goblins in good they did."

"Saved the church from another burning."

"I saw 'em fight they were fierce."

Standing on the stage is Father Zantus, he watches everyone approach hi hands on his hips his expression thoughtful. As the group comes to stand before him and before they can utter a word he lifts his hands and voice to the sky and shouts, "Praise be to Desna, for sending us the Heroes of Sandpoint! Praise be to the Heroes, for saving this community from the wrath of evil!"

"Praise to Desna! Praise to the Heroes!" the crowd intones as they take a knee bowing their heads low to the group. Father Zantus and all those on the stage also bow to the Heroes of Sandpoint.

Sheriff Hemlock looks up at Wesh from the stage and says softly, "Fine work son. Fine work."

OOC: After this everyone will get back to what they were doing. But there will be the occasional person who will want to shake a hand or asks for a blessing. Please add these little things to your post as you talk to the Father and Sheriff.

Kaodi

Hero
Wesh shakes hands with several of townsfolk as he approaches the stage. There is something about their gestures of thanks that warms the young man's heart. He as known for a while what it means to be popular, but this is something new. He feels like he genuinely valued. To the Sheriff he nods and quietly says, "Thank you."

When he reaches the ground by the stage he turns so that he may both address Sheriff Hemlock, Father Zantus, and the crowd. Raising his hands to arm level, he says, "Your thanks are most kind, but there is no need for bowing; we were just putting our own skills to their proper use. Sandpoint, for me at least, is home after all. But for the assistance of our visitors I am most grateful." The quickblade looks back to new companions and smiles.

He turns towards Hemlock and Zantus again. "We followed the fleeing goblins back to Junker's Edge, where they fled into their caves. From what I could tell, all five of the major tribes and several of the lesser ones joined in for the attack. One of our number, Zahur, decided to stay behind and scout the area further while we came back here to inform you and make sure the situation is under control again and Sandpoint is secured. We've already decided that we're all willing to pursue the goblins further into their lairs if you think what we need now is to clear them out. Though there are enough of the blighters I think we will need some backup to keep our line of retreat clear if things get dicey."

Rhun

First Post
Chase shakes hands, and accepts the thanks with a somewhat forced smile and slight nod. He certainly wasn't used to this sort of attention. He remains quiet as Wesh begins to speak to Zantus and Hemlock, preferring to listen instead of speaking.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jeyanah's tanned skin flushes as the folk of Sandpoint - many known to her from her acquaintance with Wesh - press her for handshakes and blessings. "Oh . . . uhmmm . . ." Plainly very flustered and uncomfortable, she never-the-less does her best to overcome her . . . shame? Is that the look on her handsome features? . . . and allow her natural charm to come to the fore.

She listens to Wesh's recitation of the encounter, nodding as he hits all of the points she considers important.

JeyanahAsasehnEWPortrait-1.png

[sblock=Stat Block]
JEYANAH ASASEHN CR 1/2
Female Human (Shoanti) Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) 1
CG Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +1
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10/14 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Weakness Haunted
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 35 ft.
Melee
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Curve Blade, Elven +4 (1d10+1/18-20/x2)
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Hanbo +4 (1d6+1/20/x2)
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
Special Attacks
. . Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day)
Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) Spells Known (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Burning Disarm (DC 14)
0 (at will) Mending, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (DC 13), Sotto Voce (DC 13), Light, Enhanced Diplomacy, Spark (DC 13)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Curve Blade, Elven, Persuasive, Totem Spirit - Tamiir-Quah (Wind Clan), Weapon Finesse
Traits Bred for War (Shoanti), Fast-Talker, Giant Slayer
Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +8, Climb +0, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +4, Intimidate +10, Perception +1, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +2, Swim +0
Languages Common, Shoanti, Varisian
Combat Gear
Cestus, Curve Blade, Elven, Dagger (3), Dagger, Hanbo, Masterwork Chain Shirt
Other Gear
Backpack, Masterwork (9 @ 14 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (5 @ 1.5 lbs), Bedroll, Charcoal Stick, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Journal, Lantern, hooded, Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Rations, trail (per day) (4), Soap, Bar (50 uses), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Giant Slayer +1 Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, attack and damage against giants.
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day) (Su) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 Electricity damage.
--------------------
"The giants took my family . . . not my life, though I thought it at the time.

"I was born into the Otòn tribe of the Tamiir-Quah Shaonti 17 summers past. My life in the mountains of northern Varisia was good; I had the love and respect of my family, and I excelled in the games and contests my people use for preparing their youth to enter the world as adults.

"But I never reached my passage. On the eve of my name-day and marking ceremony - the 14th anniversary of my birth - the giants attacked my tribe and slaughtered all of my kin. I was 'spared' only because I had retreated to our sacred cave to prepare myself for my naming. Lost in the trance my people use for ground and center, I did not even hear the sounds of the ending of my world.

"When I 'awoke' and went to join my people, my ground was shattered, my center blown away by the storm of slaughter revealed to my eyes.

"The tempest of my grief was almost my destruction, but I lived through the body of the storm and eventually found it's eye. A . . . presence . . . called to me, caught me up and anchored me in calm. I know not the length of time I spent within the eye of my grief-storm, listening to the council of winds all around me, but when the eye released me from its calm I found that I had passed through the other edge of my sorrow. The winds that once howled of the passing of my tribe now sing to me of purpose, though I know not what it is.

"Bereft of kith and kin, past the age of my youth but unable to live amongst the Shaonti as an adult because I had not completed my naming, I left the mountains of Varisia. For the past three years I have traveled the land, doing what I can to preserve my honor and hone my skills as I seek the purpose to which the wind calls me. I have met many people, made many friends; I have learned much of the calling of the wind and improved my martial skills.

"I know that the Otòn continue - they whisper to me when the winds are quiet, they play their mischievous tricks upon me to remind me of their presence. It is not much, but it suffices. I am at peace.

Except for the giants."

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases