HM's Rise of the Runelords - IC

Kaodi

Hero
Wesh looks up from his meal to see Zahur and the Sheriff. He does not smile, but there is a twinkle in his eye as he says, "So, you managed to not get snagged by any goblins, eh?" before shoving another forkful of breakfast into his mouth.

Shayuri

First Post
Seeing Aldern like that gives Khepri a stab of both guilt and amusement. She hadn't meant to imply she'd been offended...but he looked so contrite it was kind of adorable. And really, she was in no rush. An afternoon wouldn't come amiss...

So she sits with him and answers his questions as best she can, all the while assuring him that gifts aren't necessary. It was the duty of those who could fight to defend those who could not. She didn't think he was really buying that, but it made her feel better to say so.

--

(OOC - Sure, she'll do that.)

--

Khepri does smile on seeing Zahur. "You are alive and well...I'm relieved. Come and sit...what have you seen?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
With a smile to Wesh and a nod of thanks for the chair Zahur turns it backwards before sitting. "Well not nest... nests. Those goblins went a hundred ways if they went one. There were Birdcrusher goblins who live in caves along the western edge of the Devil's Platter, and Licktoads out of Brinestump Marsh. I think I even saw a few Seven Tooth's among the dead ones. Something, or someone got all these tribes to attack Sandpoint together and..."

belorh10.jpeg

"Ah-hem," Sheriff Hemlock interrupts clearing his throat and pulling up a chair from another table. "We can figure that out all later right now there is a more important matter."

His dark skin blushing slightly Zahur takes on the look of a scolded school boy. "Yes, yes. Sorry Uncle Hemlock. The church has asked for all of us specifically. Seems that during the attack someone did some grave robbing at the cemetery and woke up some of the dead."

The Sheriff gives Zahur a sideways glance but let's him continue. "They are asking us to go in and clear these restless dead out so Father Zantus can go in and see what they were after and preform some sort of sanctification on the tombs."

"Yes we need the Heroes of Sandpoint once more." The sheriff says looking the group over as if to gauge their reactions.

Kaodi

Hero
The quickblade does not leave it to his eyes to do his frowning for him; the corners of his mouth turn right down and he swallows his mouthful of breakfast. "What would goblins want with the cemetery? There is nothing much to burn there..." says Wesh, wiping his mouth on the back of his palm. "Makes me wonder if whatever got the tribes together is not a goblin at all. Giving new life to the bodies of the dead sounds like serious business, and I do not think I have ever heard of them practicing that kind of magic."

Leaning back in his chair a moment, Wesh appears to be deep in thought, but just for a moment. "I do not relish the thought of tangling with Sandpoint's dearly departed come back for a spell, but a "hero's" gotta do what a "hero's" gotta do," he says, his emphasis on "hero's" betraying that he still has mixed feelings about the label. "Just give me a moment to shove the rest of breakfast into my face, and I will be ready to get to it. I hope the rest of you will be joining us as well."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jeyanah leans back from her meal as the conversation progresses. At the mention of grave-robbing and Wesh's reaction, a thoughtful look settles on her pretty features. In a quiet voice she says, "Possibly the goblins didn't want anything at all from the graves. Whoever put them up to their mischief from the other day may have done so for the sole purpose of distracting the townsfolk from the true crime being committed." Her look hardens into one of resolve. "I also mislike the idea of the restless dead roaming about Sandpoint. I'll happily join you, Wesh."

[sblock=Stat Block]
JEYANAH ASASEHN CR 1/2
Female Human (Shoanti) Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) 1
CG Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +1
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10/14 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Weakness Haunted
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 35 ft.
Melee
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Curve Blade, Elven +4 (1d10+1/18-20/x2)
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Hanbo +4 (1d6+1/20/x2)
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
Special Attacks
. . Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day)
Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) Spells Known (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Burning Disarm (DC 14)
0 (at will) Mending, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (DC 13), Sotto Voce (DC 13), Light, Enhanced Diplomacy, Spark (DC 13)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Curve Blade, Elven, Persuasive, Totem Spirit - Tamiir-Quah (Wind Clan), Weapon Finesse
Traits Bred for War (Shoanti), Fast-Talker, Giant Slayer
Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +8, Climb +0, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +4, Intimidate +10, Perception +1, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +2, Swim +0
Languages Common, Shoanti, Varisian
Combat Gear
Cestus, Curve Blade, Elven, Dagger (3), Dagger, Hanbo, Masterwork Chain Shirt
Other Gear
Backpack, Masterwork (9 @ 14 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (5 @ 1.5 lbs), Bedroll, Charcoal Stick, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Journal, Lantern, hooded, Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Rations, trail (per day) (4), Soap, Bar (50 uses), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Giant Slayer +1 Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, attack and damage against giants.
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day) (Su) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 Electricity damage.
--------------------
"The giants took my family . . . not my life, though I thought it at the time.

"I was born into the Otòn tribe of the Tamiir-Quah Shaonti 17 summers past. My life in the mountains of northern Varisia was good; I had the love and respect of my family, and I excelled in the games and contests my people use for preparing their youth to enter the world as adults.

"But I never reached my passage. On the eve of my name-day and marking ceremony - the 14th anniversary of my birth - the giants attacked my tribe and slaughtered all of my kin. I was 'spared' only because I had retreated to our sacred cave to prepare myself for my naming. Lost in the trance my people use for ground and center, I did not even hear the sounds of the ending of my world.

"When I 'awoke' and went to join my people, my ground was shattered, my center blown away by the storm of slaughter revealed to my eyes.

"The tempest of my grief was almost my destruction, but I lived through the body of the storm and eventually found it's eye. A . . . presence . . . called to me, caught me up and anchored me in calm. I know not the length of time I spent within the eye of my grief-storm, listening to the council of winds all around me, but when the eye released me from its calm I found that I had passed through the other edge of my sorrow. The winds that once howled of the passing of my tribe now sing to me of purpose, though I know not what it is.

"Bereft of kith and kin, past the age of my youth but unable to live amongst the Shaonti as an adult because I had not completed my naming, I left the mountains of Varisia. For the past three years I have traveled the land, doing what I can to preserve my honor and hone my skills as I seek the purpose to which the wind calls me. I have met many people, made many friends; I have learned much of the calling of the wind and improved my martial skills.

"I know that the Otòn continue - they whisper to me when the winds are quiet, they play their mischievous tricks upon me to remind me of their presence. It is not much, but it suffices. I am at peace.

Except for the giants."

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"I'm in, though I feel my bow will be less than useful against the dead. Still, if a threat to the town exists, it should be dealt with."

Shayuri

First Post
Khepri listened to the others, frowning. The idea of the goblin attack being a cover for the pillaging of the tombs made sense to her...but the undead roaming those tombs now were also similar, she thought. Something to delay inquiry...to protect the secret of what happened down there.

She stood up.

"There should be no delay then. It seems clear there's a time table our foe is on. We are starting out behind, and must make up that lost time."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gathering their gear the group accompanies Sheriff hemlock and Zahur to the cemetery behind the new cathedral.

As they walk the sheriff lets them know what he knows. "A couple acolytes who were charged with searching the cemetery for goblin stragglers found that one of the main tombs, that of The Devoted, was broken into. They went in to investigate and only one came back claiming they were attacked and his brother was dragged off into the darkness by pale fleshed hands."

The trip is short but hardly goes unnoticed as cries and cheers to the Heroes of Sandpoint go up. A small crowd starts to form but the sheriff gets a few of his men to hold them back, and giving orders to disperse them.

Arriving at the gates to the cemetery the sheriff looks to you and then back down the block at the crowds. "better go without me. No need for an audience."

With that he walks back to help his men.

OOC: need to divide this up

- 3 potions of cure light wounds
- potion shield of faith +2
- wand cure light wounds (16 charges)
- scroll bless

and let me know if you made any purchases during the two prior days.

Kaodi

Hero
Wesh takes one of the healing potions and shoves it into his belt for easy access.

Having arrived at the cemetery, the quickblade draws two of his daggers and takes point on advancing forward. He scans the area for activity before crouching down and slowly advancing from gravestone to gravestone, peeking out to look for signs of the undead after every couple of moves. Wesh advances towards the tomb of the Devoted.

[sblock=OOC]Taking 10 for Stealth, which gives me 18.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases