HM's Rise of the Runelords - IC

Kaodi

Hero
"Hey, you gotta out of here, quick!" Wesh yells at the man, trying to remember the fellow's name. The quickblade charges straight at the goblin commando. His last step is almost a leap towards the mounted goblin, who is caught completely by surprise by Wesh's speed as the quickblade sinks his dagger deep into the commando's back.

[sblock=OOC]Charging to T10.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jeyanah sees her friend selflessly charge at the strongest foe and pauses for a moment in admiration of his bravery. She makes the split-second decision to trust Wesh to take care of the commando and charges at one of the scampering little 'lesser' creatures, brandishing her curve blade and yelling a Shaonti battle cry as she goes! The long, flexible blade whips around in a whistling arc, neatly separating the goblin's head from its shoulders in a spray of blood!

[sblock=Actions]I'm having trouble finding the "low wall," unless it's the things like the goblin in X8 is "behind." If this is it, Jenayah will simply move up and attack the creature. If this is NOT the low wall, she'll charge. I'm rolling the dice as though she charged, so if he's behind the low wall adjust accordingly, please . . . I'm guessing either way it's a dead goblin :p

Jenayah will end her move (charge?) in W7.[/sblock]

JeyanahAsasehnEWPortrait-1.png

[sblock=Stat Block]
JEYANAH ASASEHN CR 1/2
Female Human (Shoanti) Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) 1
CG Medium Humanoid (Human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +1
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 10/14 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Weakness Haunted
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 35 ft.
Melee
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Curve Blade, Elven +4 (1d10+1/18-20/x2)
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
. . Hanbo +4 (1d6+1/20/x2)
. . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
Special Attacks
. . Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day)
Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) Spells Known (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Burning Disarm (DC 14)
0 (at will) Mending, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (DC 13), Sotto Voce (DC 13), Light, Enhanced Diplomacy, Spark (DC 13)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Curve Blade, Elven, Persuasive, Totem Spirit - Tamiir-Quah (Wind Clan), Weapon Finesse
Traits Bred for War (Shoanti), Fast-Talker, Giant Slayer
Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +8, Climb +0, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +4, Intimidate +10, Perception +1, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +2, Swim +0
Languages Common, Shoanti, Varisian
Combat Gear
Cestus, Curve Blade, Elven, Dagger (3), Dagger, Hanbo, Masterwork Chain Shirt
Other Gear
Backpack, Masterwork (9 @ 14 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (5 @ 1.5 lbs), Bedroll, Charcoal Stick, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Journal, Lantern, hooded, Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Rations, trail (per day) (4), Soap, Bar (50 uses), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Giant Slayer +1 Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, attack and damage against giants.
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day) (Su) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 Electricity damage.
--------------------
"The giants took my family . . . not my life, though I thought it at the time.

"I was born into the Otòn tribe of the Tamiir-Quah Shaonti 17 summers past. My life in the mountains of northern Varisia was good; I had the love and respect of my family, and I excelled in the games and contests my people use for preparing their youth to enter the world as adults.

"But I never reached my passage. On the eve of my name-day and marking ceremony - the 14th anniversary of my birth - the giants attacked my tribe and slaughtered all of my kin. I was 'spared' only because I had retreated to our sacred cave to prepare myself for my naming. Lost in the trance my people use for ground and center, I did not even hear the sounds of the ending of my world.

"When I 'awoke' and went to join my people, my ground was shattered, my center blown away by the storm of slaughter revealed to my eyes.

"The tempest of my grief was almost my destruction, but I lived through the body of the storm and eventually found it's eye. A . . . presence . . . called to me, caught me up and anchored me in calm. I know not the length of time I spent within the eye of my grief-storm, listening to the council of winds all around me, but when the eye released me from its calm I found that I had passed through the other edge of my sorrow. The winds that once howled of the passing of my tribe now sing to me of purpose, though I know not what it is.

"Bereft of kith and kin, past the age of my youth but unable to live amongst the Shaonti as an adult because I had not completed my naming, I left the mountains of Varisia. For the past three years I have traveled the land, doing what I can to preserve my honor and hone my skills as I seek the purpose to which the wind calls me. I have met many people, made many friends; I have learned much of the calling of the wind and improved my martial skills.

"I know that the Otòn continue - they whisper to me when the winds are quiet, they play their mischievous tricks upon me to remind me of their presence. It is not much, but it suffices. I am at peace.

Except for the giants."

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Chase moves through the difficult terrain to get a better shot at one of the goblins, using the low wall for cover. He draws and nocks arrow, sights in one of the goblins, and fires. The woodman's shot goes high, missing its target.

OOC: Move to P1, using low wall for cover if applicable. Attack vrs Goblin in P9.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The goblin dog takes a snap at Wesh as the commando fights to keep his seat. Then the goblin directs the beast to move away and get behind some cover. <Wesh gets AoO> Once safe he quickly downs a potion to heal his wounds.

As Jeyanah expertly decapitates the goblin before her, Zahur moves as fast as he can to keep the goblin near Wesh in check. But the second goblin, ducking Chase's arrow, heads over to attack the quickblade. The goblin nicks Wesh with it's little short sword.

As the group starts to move Khepri notices they all pretty much left her behind. <need an action to finish this round plz>

The scared local man cowers behind a barrel whimpering.

Attachments

• Die Dog Die 2.jpg
    Die Dog Die 2.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 121
  • map key.jpg
    map key.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Chase swaers, and again fires an arrow at a goblin. This time he takes careful aim, and places the missile squarely in the goblin's back.

OOC: Attack goblin in R8

Shayuri

First Post
Khepri feels that sense of unreality steal over her again, and a white hot anger awakens within her, straining against the limits of her control. She runs at the hiding man, hoping to reach him before the marauders can, at whatever cost!

(Move to square adjacent to the cowering man...if the only way to do so is run, so be it. If there's an OA involved...so be it.)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Khepri runs quickly to where the man is she notices that the others seem to be holding their own once more. After passing Wesh and Zahur she focuses on the nobleman and getting to him in time to help.

Startled the handsome young man in a fine doublet and breeches looks into Khepri's dark eyes with his own sky blue orbs, and for a moment time itself stands still...

The shaking his head as if to clear it he says, "Milady you should not be here! Quickly stand behind me I will not let any harm come to you from these retches!"

[sblock=INIT ORDER]
Aldern - total defense
Wesh - is up (dmg taken 1 pt)
Commando
Jenayah
Chase - already posted action for this round
Zahur
goblins
Khepri[/sblock]

Attachments

• RotRL Die Dog Die rd2.jpg
    RotRL Die Dog Die rd2.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 122

Kaodi

Hero
Wesh decides to risk that the young man and the mage, Khepri, can manage to not die for a few seconds as he steps in between the goblins to attack with both of his blades; targeting the one beside Zahur first, rather than the one that gave him that scratch. He attacks with a cross-armed double slash, drawing goblin blood with both blades, and leaving Jeyanah space to charge the goblin behind him.

[sblock=OOC]5' step to S9, full attack. By the way, should Wesh in fact recognize Zahur, as the latter also has the Favoured Son trait?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases