HM's Rise of the Runelords - IC - Page 9

What's on your mind?

Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

Hearing the cries of his goblin brethren (as Wesh sticks them both), the goblin commando draws his bow. Using his knees to guide his mount to an area for cover(J-10) it takes a long shot at the quickblade, hoping to get lucky as it circles around.

The arrow comes no where near the fighting group.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 27th September, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

Jeyanah curses roundly as the gobbo makes its strategic withdrawal, and sprints after the creature (OOC: Double Move to M11)

Stat Block

JEYANAH ASASEHN CR 1/2
    Female Human (Shoanti) Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) 1
    CG Medium Humanoid (Human)
    Init +3; Senses Perception +1
    --------------------
    DEFENSE
    --------------------
    AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
    hp 10/14 (1d10)
    Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
    Weakness Haunted
    --------------------
    OFFENSE
    --------------------
    Spd 35 ft.
    Melee
    . . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
    . . Curve Blade, Elven +4 (1d10+1/18-20/x2)
    . . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
    . . Hanbo +4 (1d6+1/20/x2)
    . . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
    Special Attacks
    . . Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day)
    Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) Spells Known (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
    1 (4/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Burning Disarm (DC 14)
    0 (at will) Mending, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (DC 13), Sotto Voce (DC 13), Light, Enhanced Diplomacy, Spark (DC 13)
    --------------------
    STATISTICS
    --------------------
    Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
    Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Curve Blade, Elven, Persuasive, Totem Spirit - Tamiir-Quah (Wind Clan), Weapon Finesse
    Traits Bred for War (Shoanti), Fast-Talker, Giant Slayer
    Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +8, Climb +0, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +4, Intimidate +10, Perception +1, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +2, Swim +0
    Languages Common, Shoanti, Varisian
    Combat Gear
    Cestus, Curve Blade, Elven, Dagger (3), Dagger, Hanbo, Masterwork Chain Shirt
    Other Gear
    Backpack, Masterwork (9 @ 14 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (5 @ 1.5 lbs), Bedroll, Charcoal Stick, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Journal, Lantern, hooded, Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Rations, trail (per day) (4), Soap, Bar (50 uses), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
    --------------------
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    --------------------
    Giant Slayer +1 Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, attack and damage against giants.
    Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
    Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day) (Su) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 Electricity damage.
    --------------------
    "The giants took my family . . . not my life, though I thought it at the time.

"I was born into the Otn tribe of the Tamiir-Quah Shaonti 17 summers past. My life in the mountains of northern Varisia was good; I had the love and respect of my family, and I excelled in the games and contests my people use for preparing their youth to enter the world as adults.

"But I never reached my passage. On the eve of my name-day and marking ceremony - the 14th anniversary of my birth - the giants attacked my tribe and slaughtered all of my kin. I was 'spared' only because I had retreated to our sacred cave to prepare myself for my naming. Lost in the trance my people use for ground and center, I did not even hear the sounds of the ending of my world.

"When I 'awoke' and went to join my people, my ground was shattered, my center blown away by the storm of slaughter revealed to my eyes.

"The tempest of my grief was almost my destruction, but I lived through the body of the storm and eventually found it's eye. A . . . presence . . . called to me, caught me up and anchored me in calm. I know not the length of time I spent within the eye of my grief-storm, listening to the council of winds all around me, but when the eye released me from its calm I found that I had passed through the other edge of my sorrow. The winds that once howled of the passing of my tribe now sing to me of purpose, though I know not what it is.

"Bereft of kith and kin, past the age of my youth but unable to live amongst the Shaonti as an adult because I had not completed my naming, I left the mountains of Varisia. For the past three years I have traveled the land, doing what I can to preserve my honor and hone my skills as I seek the purpose to which the wind calls me. I have met many people, made many friends; I have learned much of the calling of the wind and improved my martial skills.

"I know that the Otn continue - they whisper to me when the winds are quiet, they play their mischievous tricks upon me to remind me of their presence. It is not much, but it suffices. I am at peace.

Except for the giants."

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
    Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

The goblin before Zahur tumbles with an arrow in his back and he gives Chase a nod and a smile. Then the goblin behind Wesh screeches and moves to stab the man in the back.

"Watch it!" the big man shouts stepping around (T-9) and bring both his axes to bear. One deflects the creature's sword while the other buries itself deep into it's chest.

INIT ORDER

Aldern - total defense
    Wesh -full rd attack hits both gobbos (dmg taken 1 pt)
    Commando - moves, attack (misses)
    Jenayah - double move
    Chase - attack (hits) goblin dies
    Zahur - 5' step attacks (hit) goblin dies
    Khepri - is up to finish rd 2

OOC
    Think it best to have Wesh and Zahur not know each other and be surprised later of the connection. I think Wesh helps more in town while Zahur helps with things outside of town.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 27th September, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

Khepri moves past the man to his left flank, her face a stern mask that conceals a wobbling composure underneath. What had happened just now? There had been a moment when their eyes met when...it had felt like a meditative trance, or some other deeply transcendental moment when one's sense of self blurred at the edges, and the full reality of the universe began to seep in. But instead of serene she felt anxious and nervous; heart beating and mind wandering. The opposite of meditation. Was such a thing even possible?

Focus, New Dawn, focus. Find your heart, find your breath. End this attack, then pursue these questions.

Yes.

"Stay behind me," she says to the man, a little gruffly. "I will keep it from hurting you."

A yellow-white blossom of power collected at her hand, then lanced out like a shaft of burning gold at the goblin coming around that side!

(holy ray! on that goblin there...)

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

The nobleman gasps at the power displayed by Khepri. "Forgive me milady. I did not know that such power could be hidden behind such beauty."

He stands in awe of the groups quick disbandment of the goblins, leaving only the dog-rider left.

OOC: Wesh is up round 3

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore Kaodi
    OOC
    Oops. Forgot that I had moved into a place where I could not charge. So the rolls are not important either way, since it was a miss. If it is possible, Wesh moves to I9, so that he can possibly flank with Jeyanah. Otherwise, He moves to K10.

Now wishing he had chosen not to change positions, Wesh moves to outflank or engage the goblin commander, dashing across the steps of the statue in the middle of the area.
    Last edited by Kaodi; Saturday, 29th September, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    -Kaodi

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

-Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

Enraged that the group has killed all of his goblin companions (and that most of the other goblins in the area are fleeing), the commando draws a large crooked weapon in both hands and raises it high as he stands in the saddle above Wesh.

Anticipating the attack the quickblade dodges both the large polearm and the slobbering mount, with ease.

Commando AC:17 HP:10/12
    Mount AC 13 HP:9/9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RotRL Die Dog Die rd3.jpg  
    Last edited by HolyMan; Tuesday, 2nd October, 2012 at 10:45 PM.

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

Chase moves to circle around the remaining goblin, readying an arrow as he does so.

OOC: Double move to H5
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

Also out of position Zahur moves as quickly as he can to assist Wesh with the goblin.

"Wake up!"
    he yells at Jenayah as he passes her and ends up behind Wesh. (L-10)

Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

The tall girl shoots Zahur a look of exasperation as she passes him right back. She circles warily as she approaches the dog and goblin, but can't quite get into prime position before the snarling dog lunges and forces an attack. The long, flexible blade flicks out, but the dog halts it's lunge at the last moment and watches the sword slice the air in front of its face.

Actions
    Move "round-about" to I11, attack, miss.

Stat Block

JEYANAH ASASEHN CR 1/2
    Female Human (Shoanti) Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) 1
    CG Medium Humanoid (Human)
    Init +3; Senses Perception +1
    --------------------
    DEFENSE
    --------------------
    AC 17, touch 13, flat-footed 14. . (+4 armor, +3 Dex)
    hp 10/14 (1d10)
    Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
    Weakness Haunted
    --------------------
    OFFENSE
    --------------------
    Spd 35 ft.
    Melee
    . . Cestus +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
    . . Curve Blade, Elven +4 (1d10+1/18-20/x2)
    . . Dagger +4 (1d4+1/19-20/x2)
    . . Hanbo +4 (1d6+1/20/x2)
    . . Unarmed Strike +4 (1d3+1/20/x2)
    Special Attacks
    . . Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day)
    Oracle (Mystic Skirmisher) Spells Known (CL 1, +4 melee touch, +4 ranged touch):
    1 (4/day) Shield of Faith (DC 14), Cure Light Wounds (DC 14), Burning Disarm (DC 14)
    0 (at will) Mending, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound (DC 13), Sotto Voce (DC 13), Light, Enhanced Diplomacy, Spark (DC 13)
    --------------------
    STATISTICS
    --------------------
    Str 13, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
    Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Curve Blade, Elven, Persuasive, Totem Spirit - Tamiir-Quah (Wind Clan), Weapon Finesse
    Traits Bred for War (Shoanti), Fast-Talker, Giant Slayer
    Skills Acrobatics +8, Bluff +8, Climb +0, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +2, Fly +2, Heal +4, Intimidate +10, Perception +1, Ride +2, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +2, Swim +0
    Languages Common, Shoanti, Varisian
    Combat Gear
    Cestus, Curve Blade, Elven, Dagger (3), Dagger, Hanbo, Masterwork Chain Shirt
    Other Gear
    Backpack, Masterwork (9 @ 14 lbs), Bag, Waterproof (5 @ 1.5 lbs), Bedroll, Charcoal Stick, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black), Inkpen, Journal, Lantern, hooded, Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Rations, trail (per day) (4), Soap, Bar (50 uses), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
    --------------------
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    --------------------
    Giant Slayer +1 Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, attack and damage against giants.
    Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
    Touch of Electricity (1d6+1) (6/day) (Su) Melee touch attack deals 1d6+1 Electricity damage.
    --------------------
    "The giants took my family . . . not my life, though I thought it at the time.

"I was born into the Otn tribe of the Tamiir-Quah Shaonti 17 summers past. My life in the mountains of northern Varisia was good; I had the love and respect of my family, and I excelled in the games and contests my people use for preparing their youth to enter the world as adults.

"But I never reached my passage. On the eve of my name-day and marking ceremony - the 14th anniversary of my birth - the giants attacked my tribe and slaughtered all of my kin. I was 'spared' only because I had retreated to our sacred cave to prepare myself for my naming. Lost in the trance my people use for ground and center, I did not even hear the sounds of the ending of my world.

"When I 'awoke' and went to join my people, my ground was shattered, my center blown away by the storm of slaughter revealed to my eyes.

"The tempest of my grief was almost my destruction, but I lived through the body of the storm and eventually found it's eye. A . . . presence . . . called to me, caught me up and anchored me in calm. I know not the length of time I spent within the eye of my grief-storm, listening to the council of winds all around me, but when the eye released me from its calm I found that I had passed through the other edge of my sorrow. The winds that once howled of the passing of my tribe now sing to me of purpose, though I know not what it is.

"Bereft of kith and kin, past the age of my youth but unable to live amongst the Shaonti as an adult because I had not completed my naming, I left the mountains of Varisia. For the past three years I have traveled the land, doing what I can to preserve my honor and hone my skills as I seek the purpose to which the wind calls me. I have met many people, made many friends; I have learned much of the calling of the wind and improved my martial skills.

"I know that the Otn continue - they whisper to me when the winds are quiet, they play their mischievous tricks upon me to remind me of their presence. It is not much, but it suffices. I am at peace.

Except for the giants."

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
    Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast