Kickstarter Bans Retailer Rewards

H

Harrrbinger

Kickstarter has instituted a new policy prohibiting bulk or retailer rewards, and has begun enforcing it. See here for more information.

For more RPG Kickstarter projects, check out RPG Kickstarters. For more about retailer-friendly Kickstarter programs, click here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squire James

First Post
Even with their clarification, there is still no sign of actually explaining why they decided to ban sales of more than 10 copies of product. Whatever their reason, it would be nice if they would state it. They set the limit so low that only small companies really get affected. Big companies can wait and buy later at wholesale, perhaps for less than the Kickers paid.

Of course, all this may just be showing off how ignorant I am about the business world...

Jupp

Explorer
Looks like they try to prevent big companies from using Kickstarter as some kind of PR platform by restricting pledge rewards to a certain level. So far none of the bigger companies have used KS to "evaluate" the desire for their upcoming product but given the recent increase of popularity and recognition of Kickstarter it is just a matter of time until they would jump on the bandwaggon.

I think I can relate to the idea but the implementation seems to be a bit off the mark.

Edit says: Might also be that they try to keep people away from using KS as some sort of distributor shopping site. But again, the mark is off with what they did there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases