Proposal: ARG Content for Approved PC Races

jkason

First Post
I don't know that there was ever significant decision-ing on whether to break down the new racial content into separate proposals or not, so I'm just throwing it all together now, and if we need to split it off, I can edit this post as necessary.

So, I'm proposing LPF adopt the new content from the ARG (alternate traits, feats, spells, equipment) for already-approved PC races (Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-elves, Halflings, Half-orcs, Humans, Aasimars, Tieflings, Merfolk, and Tengus), with the following exceptions:

Explicitly Excluded:

* Blood God Disciple (Half-orc Archetype)
* Wild Caller (Half-Elf Archetype)
* Strongtail (Merfolk Alternate Trait)
* Half-Blood Extraction (Half-orc spell)
* Fiendish Vessel (Tiefling Archetype)
* Obsession Log (Gnome Equipment)

Modified:

* Knack with Poison (Gnome Alternate Trait): There is no crafting in LPF, so this provides no bonus. It also therefor replaces Illusion Resistance ONLY (not IR and Obsessive).

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I will just say that even though I get no vote I am interested in getting the elven equipment approved because I sort of accidentally purchased one item from the ARG for Fae'shiel without realizing it still hadn't been approved.

Satin Knights

First Post
Blood God Disciple: That archetype is a trap anyways. You are giving up all your summon monster SLAs for 1 evolution for 1 minute. Not 1 minute per level, but one minute per execution. You can't stack the evolutions. If you share at higher levels, you get less per day. You must use the ability within 1 minute of killing an opponent. So, you can't slaughter many and then use each of them. Definite trap.

Wild Caller: I like the idea of a druidic summoner. I want to keep the archetype except strike the one overpowered line of "A wild caller gains 1/4 his class level as bonus evolution points in his eidolon’s evolution pool" while keeping the rest of the sentence. Doing that makes the Wild Caller slightly less powerful than a straight summoner, but has interesting flavorful fluff.

Strongtail: agree, yes

Half-blood Extraction: agree, yes

Fiendish Vessel: Yeah, agreed. But GMs get the right to use one as the BBEG.

Obsession Log: out by reason of consistancy, yes.

Things that worry me:

Tiefling Paladin FC: +1 to damage healed by lay on hands when used on self. (That is +10 hp swift healing to a 10th level paladin, which makes him real difficult to take down. This bonus is twice that of other races as far as I have found.)

My thoughts so far. I haven't had enough time to go through even the standard races with a fine tooth comb yet.

-SK

Qik

First Post
I would say YES to approving everything excepting the ones SK agreed to except, plus the Blood God. I'm excluding the Wild Caller because of SK's desire to discuss it.

Personally, my solution to preventing the Wild Caller from going over-the-top would be to disallow the Half-elf alternate FC bonus and the archetype's bonus evolution points to stack. That way, there's some benefit to the archetype in terms of evolution points (i.e. the PC can spend their FC on something else). I will say though that I can see others not being thrilled about us house-ruling things like this. I'm fine with it, though.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
so it doesn't appear that making a separate thread for just the approved player character races has made much of a difference in getting this information from the Advanced Races Guide approved for use in Living Pathfinder, does it?

I will repeat I am kind of in a hurry to get this approved since I kind of have a character that has accidentally made a purchase from the Advanced Races Guide. So if it is at all possible can I at the very least get the item as outlined below approved for use in Living Pathfinder since that is the item that is causing me a headache with my character?

Arcane Family Workbook
Price 300 gp
Weight 3 pounds
Description and Rules The elven predilection for becoming wizards and the social benefits that elven wizards enjoy often encourages families to dedicate themselves to wizardly studies for multiple generations. Older elven wizards take note of their own insights into the secrets of arcane magic and compile these thoughts with the ideas of earlier generations to form family workbooks. When used as a reference (an action that typically takes 1d4 full rounds of searching the text), an arcane family workbook grants a +2 circumstance bonus on a Spellcraft checks. This bonus increases to +4 if 1d4 hours are spent referencing the book.

This item is not all that different from the already approved Pathfinder Chronicles (which we renamed the Codices of Sapo so as not to infringe on Campaign Specific Material). The only major differences is that this item applies its bonus to Spellcraft, and it has an additional bonus of +4 to the check if studied for 1d4 hours instead of simply for 1d4 rounds. So I don't see how this would actually be that much of a problem?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I don't know that there was ever significant decision-ing on whether to break down the new racial content into separate proposals or not, so I'm just throwing it all together now, and if we need to split it off, I can edit this post as necessary.

So, I'm proposing LPF adopt the new content from the ARG (alternate traits, feats, spells, equipment) for already-approved PC races (Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, Half-elves, Halflings, Half-orcs, Humans, Aasimars, Tieflings, Merfolk, and Tengus), with the following exceptions:

Explicitly Excluded:

* Blood God Disciple (Half-orc Archetype)
* Wild Caller (Half-Elf Archetype)
* Strongtail (Merfolk Alternate Trait)
* Half-Blood Extraction (Half-orc spell)
* Fiendish Vessel (Tiefling Archetype)
* Obsession Log (Gnome Equipment)

Modified:

* Knack with Poison (Gnome Alternate Trait): There is no crafting in LPF, so this provides no bonus. It also therefor replaces Illusion Resistance ONLY (not IR and Obsessive).

YES to this, with the proviso (as always) that it's OK for GMs to use.

so it doesn't appear that making a separate thread for just the approved player character races has made much of a difference in getting this information from the Advanced Races Guide approved for use in Living Pathfinder, does it?

I will repeat I am kind of in a hurry to get this approved since I kind of have a character that has accidentally made a purchase from the Advanced Races Guide. So if it is at all possible can I at the very least get the item as outlined below approved for use in Living Pathfinder since that is the item that is causing me a headache with my character?

Arcane Family Workbook
Price 300 gp
Weight 3 pounds
Description and Rules The elven predilection for becoming wizards and the social benefits that elven wizards enjoy often encourages families to dedicate themselves to wizardly studies for multiple generations. Older elven wizards take note of their own insights into the secrets of arcane magic and compile these thoughts with the ideas of earlier generations to form family workbooks. When used as a reference (an action that typically takes 1d4 full rounds of searching the text), an arcane family workbook grants a +2 circumstance bonus on a Spellcraft checks. This bonus increases to +4 if 1d4 hours are spent referencing the book.

This item is not all that different from the already approved Pathfinder Chronicles (which we renamed the Codices of Sapo so as not to infringe on Campaign Specific Material). The only major differences is that this item applies its bonus to Spellcraft, and it has an additional bonus of +4 to the check if studied for 1d4 hours instead of simply for 1d4 rounds. So I don't see how this would actually be that much of a problem?

YES

Satin Knights

First Post
Summoned, I appear!

The arcane family book, yes. It is minor.

ARG equipment in general, yes. The question raised earlier of "can other races use ..." is actually answered in the ARG. The answer is yes, unless there is a specific mention of restriction to race. On equipment, rarely restricted, feats are almost all listed as race restricted.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases