[LPF] Ogre in the Rushes





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 164
  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan

    [LPF] Ogre in the Rushes

    Monster hunting... this should be fun as long as you don't become the hunted.

    This is a short little game to bring a little fame and fortune to a few LPF characters.

    Game INFO:
    DM: HolyMan
    Judge: ??
    Starting Date: August 4, 2012
    Ending Date: unknown
    Days played: unknown

    Character INFO:
    Korey McKragg played by DrJest
    Starting XP: 460 (lvl 1)
    Last Post:

    Reianne Estril played by hemera
    Starting XP: 2,054 (lvl 2)
    Last Post:

    Tyrion Thankirk played by jackslate45
    Starting XP: 1,470 (lvl 2)

    Quillian Barthony played by sunshadow21
    Starting XP: 1,647 (lvl 2)

    Encounters

    giant porcupine CR 2 (600xp)
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 27th September, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    You make your way north out of Venza towards the way shrine of Cortesia.

    The Fair Lady of Coin is normally prayed to before a journey down to Baron's Cross (and then unto the Silver Road itself) is undertaken, and some even leave an offering for her blessing.

    The offerings are the reason a guardsman is normally posted to watch the area around the shrine. And normally that guardsman is Hizer. The puffy red-faced man in full plate who looks like he is sweltering all the time. On his shield rests the emblem of Venza and at his hip is a short sword in a plan worn sheathe.

    As you approach he gives you a glance, and then tries to act like he's not watching you. Clearing his throat he says in a monotone voice. "Make your offering and move along. Keep the road clear."

    You can tell for a fact this is the thousandth time he has said that phrase.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #3
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DrJest
    Korey examines the guardsman. Are ye Hizer? I come about the trouble on the Silver Road. Mayhaps I can help with the trouble.

    Mini Stats


    Korey McKragg

    AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 13/13
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
    Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
    Initiative: +3

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #4
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hemera
    Seeing the dwarf from the tavern earlier had already arrived, and had started speaking to what appeared to be Guardsman Hizer Reianne steps up to introduce herself. "Good day to both of you, my name is Reianne Estril and I am here regarding the notice about a monster hunt. I trust I'm not late?"


    Mini Stats


    Reianne Estril

    AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
    HP:
    15/16

    Initiative:
    +1
    Perception
    : -1 Sense Motive: -1
    CMB:
    +3/+5 (tripping) CMD: 14/16 (resisting tripping)
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +2

    Masterwork Scorpion Whip:
    +4, 1d4+2, 15' Reach, Trip, Disarm, Performance, Nonthreating
    Masterwork Longsword:
    +4, 19-20, 1d8+2
    Morningstar: +3, 1d8+2
    Dagger: +3, 19-20, 1d4+2
    Thrown Dagger:
    +2, 19-20, 1d4+2, 10'
    Thrown Alchemist's Fire: +2 1d6 fire 10', Touch Attack, Splash, 1d6 fire on 2nd round.

    Combat Feats
    Arcane Strike
    Combat Casting
    Combat Expertise
    Improved Trip

    Bard Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Drench, Jolt, Lullaby, Mending, Read Magic

    1st Level Bard Spells (2/day): Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, Sleep


    Conditions:
    None

    Bardic Performance: 8 rounds per day

    In Hand:
    None

    Consumables: 2 Daggers, 5 Alchemist Fire's


    [imglink]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120322141058/livingpf/images/a/ad/Reianne.jpg[/imglink]

  • #5

    Tyrion Thankirk

    Not long after Reianne appears, a third man appears appears. He stands out as an adventurer, either by the blood stained armor that he wears, or the large arsenal of weapons he has carried on his person. A pole 7' tall is strapped to his back, while a wicked looking sword remains under it. A crossbow hangs near his right hand, and a morningstar near his left.

    He looks around with some trepidation, but finally goes up to the group and asks "Are we all hear to slay some monsters? I must admit I have been in this city for very little, and I pray I am not lost."
    Mini Stats


    AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
    HP: 24/24


    Initiative:
    +2
    Perception
    : +4 Sense Motive:+2
    CMB:
    +6 CMD: 18
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing
    Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed

    Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations

  • #6
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    "I am Hizer." the guardsman states giving the savage looking dwarf (and his hair) an odd look. "You are here..." he starts to add when Reianne and Tyrion both come up introducing themselves.

    He gives each of you a look as if appraising you, and his eyes widen at the weapons Tyrion carries, before his face breaks out in a grin. "Yes, yes you should all do perfectly. Please over here."

    He leads you only a short distance to where a backpack and some gear lay propped against a rock. He then rummages through the pack and pulls out a piece of rolled parchment.

    "Sorry we don't get the luxury of office space out here." he says as he unrolls the map. "This is a detailed drawing of the Silver Road and it's surrounds a mile on either side. For the past week we have been getting reports of an ogre being sited north of Baron's Crossing but far south of Tritower." he looks at the map and points to a section of the road. "Somewhere in this area. It shy's away from patrols and large parties but has attacked a small group of horsemen who simply outran the creature."

    Guardsman Hizer rolls up the map and using it to point at the group. "And this is where you fit in. The council thinks a small able body of warriors should be enough to bring the creature down and send a strong message to anything else thinking they can use the Silver Road as their hunting grounds. Do you think your up for such a challenge?"
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #7
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DrJest
    Korey eyes his potential new companions and grins. With a sidelong glance to the weapon laden warrior, replies "Aye. Me thinks we can kill yer Ogre. What are the terms?"

  • #8
    "Just the one? Thats to bad" says the warrior,a grimmice appearing on his face.

  • #9
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    Hizer's eyes grow wide when Tyrion mentions wishing to fight more than one ogre. He quickly regains his composure and then responds to Korey's question.

    "When you have completed the task and shown proof to myself or a patrol along the road ,you will be given a debt notice to collect a purse of one thousand golden drakes."
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #10
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hemera
    "What sort of proof do you want? I'm guessing his.." she pauses momentarily, discomfort in her eyes "head will suffice then?"

    "Other than that, I'd say we've got our location in mind. We're small enough to hopefully flush him out, and then" she smacks her fist against her palm. "we bring him down."

    ooc

    Sorry, I've been sick for a few days. I'm back up and going now though!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. OGRE
      By Morrus in forum Public Wiki Pages
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 6th August, 2012, 01:02 AM
    2. 1/2 ogre
      By kayn99 in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th April, 2007, 06:30 PM
    3. Can a goblin riding an ogre use Mounted Combat to defend the ogre?
      By Cyberzombie in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2005, 11:42 PM
    4. An old ogre
      By trentonjoe in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th January, 2004, 02:51 AM
    5. Ogre Cave
      By Larry Fitz in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd September, 2003, 10:05 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •