[LPF] Ogre in the Rushes




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 164

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan

    [LPF] Ogre in the Rushes

    Monster hunting... this should be fun as long as you don't become the hunted.

    This is a short little game to bring a little fame and fortune to a few LPF characters.

    Game INFO:
    DM: HolyMan
    Judge: ??
    Starting Date: August 4, 2012
    Ending Date: unknown
    Days played: unknown

    Character INFO:
    Korey McKragg played by DrJest
    Starting XP: 460 (lvl 1)
    Last Post:

    Reianne Estril played by hemera
    Starting XP: 2,054 (lvl 2)
    Last Post:

    Tyrion Thankirk played by jackslate45
    Starting XP: 1,470 (lvl 2)

    Quillian Barthony played by sunshadow21
    Starting XP: 1,647 (lvl 2)

    Encounters

    giant porcupine CR 2 (600xp)
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 27th September, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  2. #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    You make your way north out of Venza towards the way shrine of Cortesia.

    The Fair Lady of Coin is normally prayed to before a journey down to Baron's Cross (and then unto the Silver Road itself) is undertaken, and some even leave an offering for her blessing.

    The offerings are the reason a guardsman is normally posted to watch the area around the shrine. And normally that guardsman is Hizer. The puffy red-faced man in full plate who looks like he is sweltering all the time. On his shield rests the emblem of Venza and at his hip is a short sword in a plan worn sheathe.

    As you approach he gives you a glance, and then tries to act like he's not watching you. Clearing his throat he says in a monotone voice. "Make your offering and move along. Keep the road clear."

    You can tell for a fact this is the thousandth time he has said that phrase.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    Ignore DrJest
    Korey examines the guardsman. Are ye Hizer? I come about the trouble on the Silver Road. Mayhaps I can help with the trouble.

    Mini Stats


    Korey McKragg

    AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 13/13
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
    Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
    Initiative: +3

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221

    Ignore hemera
    Seeing the dwarf from the tavern earlier had already arrived, and had started speaking to what appeared to be Guardsman Hizer Reianne steps up to introduce herself. "Good day to both of you, my name is Reianne Estril and I am here regarding the notice about a monster hunt. I trust I'm not late?"


    Mini Stats


    Reianne Estril

    AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
    HP:
    15/16

    Initiative:
    +1
    Perception
    : -1 Sense Motive: -1
    CMB:
    +3/+5 (tripping) CMD: 14/16 (resisting tripping)
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +2

    Masterwork Scorpion Whip:
    +4, 1d4+2, 15' Reach, Trip, Disarm, Performance, Nonthreating
    Masterwork Longsword:
    +4, 19-20, 1d8+2
    Morningstar: +3, 1d8+2
    Dagger: +3, 19-20, 1d4+2
    Thrown Dagger:
    +2, 19-20, 1d4+2, 10'
    Thrown Alchemist's Fire: +2 1d6 fire 10', Touch Attack, Splash, 1d6 fire on 2nd round.

    Combat Feats
    Arcane Strike
    Combat Casting
    Combat Expertise
    Improved Trip

    Bard Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Drench, Jolt, Lullaby, Mending, Read Magic

    1st Level Bard Spells (2/day): Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, Sleep


    Conditions:
    None

    Bardic Performance: 8 rounds per day

    In Hand:
    None

    Consumables: 2 Daggers, 5 Alchemist Fire's


    [imglink]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120322141058/livingpf/images/a/ad/Reianne.jpg[/imglink]

  5. #5

    Tyrion Thankirk

    Not long after Reianne appears, a third man appears appears. He stands out as an adventurer, either by the blood stained armor that he wears, or the large arsenal of weapons he has carried on his person. A pole 7' tall is strapped to his back, while a wicked looking sword remains under it. A crossbow hangs near his right hand, and a morningstar near his left.

    He looks around with some trepidation, but finally goes up to the group and asks "Are we all hear to slay some monsters? I must admit I have been in this city for very little, and I pray I am not lost."
    Mini Stats


    AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
    HP: 24/24


    Initiative:
    +2
    Perception
    : +4 Sense Motive:+2
    CMB:
    +6 CMD: 18
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing
    Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed

    Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations

  6. #6
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    "I am Hizer." the guardsman states giving the savage looking dwarf (and his hair) an odd look. "You are here..." he starts to add when Reianne and Tyrion both come up introducing themselves.

    He gives each of you a look as if appraising you, and his eyes widen at the weapons Tyrion carries, before his face breaks out in a grin. "Yes, yes you should all do perfectly. Please over here."

    He leads you only a short distance to where a backpack and some gear lay propped against a rock. He then rummages through the pack and pulls out a piece of rolled parchment.

    "Sorry we don't get the luxury of office space out here." he says as he unrolls the map. "This is a detailed drawing of the Silver Road and it's surrounds a mile on either side. For the past week we have been getting reports of an ogre being sited north of Baron's Crossing but far south of Tritower." he looks at the map and points to a section of the road. "Somewhere in this area. It shy's away from patrols and large parties but has attacked a small group of horsemen who simply outran the creature."

    Guardsman Hizer rolls up the map and using it to point at the group. "And this is where you fit in. The council thinks a small able body of warriors should be enough to bring the creature down and send a strong message to anything else thinking they can use the Silver Road as their hunting grounds. Do you think your up for such a challenge?"
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    Ignore DrJest
    At The Broken Log

    Korey wipes the remaining grease (and not few chunks) of his roast duck from his mouth with the back of his hand. He downs the last of the ale from the horn.

    <Brrrrrrrp!!> "Well that was nearly adequate. What say we head on out?"

    "By the by, any thoughts on how we take this thing down when we find it? Ogres is dumb as rocks and methinks we can prolly sneak up on it. I can hit em low, while Tyrion hits em high. How about you lass?"

    On the Silver Road

    As the group leaves the Inn, Korey seems a little talkative and uncharacteristically friendly. The closer the trio get to the first target location, and the happy ale effects seep out, Korey begins to withdraw.

    About an hour out, Korey unstraps his crossbow and cranks it to a cocked position. Grabbing a bolt at random from its case, he loads it. "Could be trouble at any time I suppose."

    A bit later, the trio nears a narrowing of the road and a rock formation. Korey looks to his companions and points to the rock formation as if they hadn't already seen it. "Good place for an ambush, I'd say. Let's take care eh?" he says in a quiet voice.

    Korey slows his pace and keeps his crossbow at the ready as he proceeds forward, scanning the rocks ahead...

    Game Actions

    Recognizing this as a potential ambush site and contact is possible, Korey proceeds with more caution.

    Move Action: Move to F4
    Standard Action: Ready Attack with Crossbow


    Mini Stats


    Korey McKragg

    AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 13/13
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
    Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
    Initiative: +3

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+3/D10/19-20/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None


    What the ...

    Guess I won't complain about my first roll of the adventure. Too ba dit wasn't an attack roll!
    Last edited by DrJest; Wednesday, 8th August, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221

    Ignore hemera
    --Interlude, Broken Log

    While talking and eating a filling if rather tasteless stew at the Broken Log, Reianne has a moment to think on Korey's question.

    "Well, I'm good with tricks with my whip here and magic to beguile others. But, I don't think this calls for beguiling as such. I've still got a few tricks in reserve to use though."

    --While marching down the Silver Road

    "So Tyrion, I'm Reianne and this is Korey. I have to admit, I didn't expect my second job would be to kill an ogre. Can't say I mind though."

    Noticing Korey readying his crossbow, Reianne walks a bit more cautiously silent cursing her lack of a similar ranged weapon.

    As they near the narrowing of the rocks, and he points out the likely ambush formation ahead she furrows her brow a bit. Quietly she responds "Let's watch ourselves then, maybe we'll get lucky and turn an ambush back on them."

    Actions

    Move: Move to G4
    Standard: Ready Scorpion Whip

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    Ignore DrJest
    Korey stop abruptly, bring the crossbow up and begins to aim, when he notices the porcupine.

    "Bah, it's just a Por-kee-pine. She sure is a big'un though."

    Korey brings the crossbow down slightly and relaxes a bit.

    "Go on now, get outta here!" he yells at the creature.

    Korey keeps his eye on the porcupine and isn't above feathering it if it should be too aggressive.

    I wonder how por-kee-pine tastes? Korey thinks to himself.


    Game Actions

    Still keeping his eye on the Porcupine, Korey hopes it ambles off, but remains ready should it get aggressive.

    Standard Action: Ready Attack with Crossbow


    Mini Stats


    Korey McKragg

    AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 13/13
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
    Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
    Initiative: +3

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+3/D10/19-20/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  10. #10
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJest View Post

    "Go on now, get outta here!" he yells at the creature.

    OOC: Not exactly wild empathy but I'll give you a chance...

    The quills on the porcupine's back rise up and the creature charges down the road at Korey. (bad roll sorry)

    Advancing the porcupine thinks, {{ I wonder what dwarf taste like? }}

    The ball of fur and quills comes barreling down the road and the dwarf let's fly his loaded bolt. And then the creature slams into the dwarf puncturing him in multiple spots with long thick quills. Korey goes stiff with pain before falling back, half of the creatures quills going up his legs towards his abdomen.

    COMBAT

    INIT ORDER:
    Korey - taking ready action from surprise round
    Porcupine - attacking the dwarf
    Tyrion -
    Reianne -

    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 11th August, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OGRE
    By Morrus in forum Public Wiki Pages
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, 6th August, 2012, 01:02 AM
  2. 1/2 ogre
    By kayn99 in forum D&D and Pathfinder
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Saturday, 7th April, 2007, 06:30 PM
  3. Can a goblin riding an ogre use Mounted Combat to defend the ogre?
    By Cyberzombie in forum D&D and Pathfinder
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2005, 11:42 PM
  4. An old ogre
    By trentonjoe in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, 17th January, 2004, 02:51 AM
  5. Ogre Cave
    By Larry Fitz in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd September, 2003, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •