[LPF] Ogre in the Rushes

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Monster hunting... this should be fun as long as you don't become the hunted. ;)

This is a short little game to bring a little fame and fortune to a few LPF characters.

Game INFO:
DM: HolyMan
Judge: ??
Starting Date: August 4, 2012
Ending Date: unknown
Days played: unknown

Character INFO:
Korey McKragg played by DrJest
Starting XP: 460 (lvl 1)
Last Post:

Reianne Estril played by hemera
Starting XP: 2,054 (lvl 2)
Last Post:

Tyrion Thankirk played by jackslate45
Starting XP: 1,470 (lvl 2)

Quillian Barthony played by sunshadow21
Starting XP: 1,647 (lvl 2)

[sblock=Encounters]
giant porcupine CR 2 (600xp)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
You make your way north out of Venza towards the way shrine of Cortesia.

The Fair Lady of Coin is normally prayed to before a journey down to Baron's Cross (and then unto the Silver Road itself) is undertaken, and some even leave an offering for her blessing.

The offerings are the reason a guardsman is normally posted to watch the area around the shrine. And normally that guardsman is Hizer. The puffy red-faced man in full plate who looks like he is sweltering all the time. On his shield rests the emblem of Venza and at his hip is a short sword in a plan worn sheathe.

As you approach he gives you a glance, and then tries to act like he's not watching you. Clearing his throat he says in a monotone voice. "Make your offering and move along. Keep the road clear."

You can tell for a fact this is the thousandth time he has said that phrase.

DrJest

First Post
Korey examines the guardsman. Are ye Hizer? I come about the trouble on the Silver Road. Mayhaps I can help with the trouble.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
180px-Dwarf_Warrior.jpg

Korey McKragg

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
[/sblock]

hemera

Explorer
Seeing the dwarf from the tavern earlier had already arrived, and had started speaking to what appeared to be Guardsman Hizer Reianne steps up to introduce herself. "Good day to both of you, my name is Reianne Estril and I am here regarding the notice about a monster hunt. I trust I'm not late?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Reianne Estril

AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
HP:
15/16

Initiative:
+1
Perception
: -1 Sense Motive: -1
CMB:
+3/+5 (tripping) CMD: 14/16 (resisting tripping)
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +2

Masterwork Scorpion Whip:
+4, 1d4+2, 15' Reach, Trip, Disarm, Performance, Nonthreating
Masterwork Longsword:
+4, 19-20, 1d8+2
Morningstar: +3, 1d8+2
Dagger: +3, 19-20, 1d4+2
Thrown Dagger:
+2, 19-20, 1d4+2, 10'
Thrown Alchemist's Fire: +2 1d6 fire 10', Touch Attack, Splash, 1d6 fire on 2nd round.

Combat Feats
Arcane Strike
Combat Casting
Combat Expertise
Improved Trip

Bard Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Drench, Jolt, Lullaby, Mending, Read Magic

1st Level Bard Spells (2/day): Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, Sleep

Conditions:
None

Bardic Performance: 8 rounds per day

In Hand:
None

Consumables: 2 Daggers, 5 Alchemist Fire's

[imglink]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120322141058/livingpf/images/a/ad/Reianne.jpg[/imglink]
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion Thankirk

Not long after Reianne appears, a third man appears appears. He stands out as an adventurer, either by the blood stained armor that he wears, or the large arsenal of weapons he has carried on his person. A pole 7' tall is strapped to his back, while a wicked looking sword remains under it. A crossbow hangs near his right hand, and a morningstar near his left.

He looks around with some trepidation, but finally goes up to the group and asks "Are we all hear to slay some monsters? I must admit I have been in this city for very little, and I pray I am not lost."
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Bronn.jpg

AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 24/24

Initiative:
+2
Perception
: +4 Sense Motive:+2
CMB:
+6 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Nothing
Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed

Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am Hizer." the guardsman states giving the savage looking dwarf (and his hair) an odd look. "You are here..." he starts to add when Reianne and Tyrion both come up introducing themselves.

He gives each of you a look as if appraising you, and his eyes widen at the weapons Tyrion carries, before his face breaks out in a grin. "Yes, yes you should all do perfectly. Please over here."

He leads you only a short distance to where a backpack and some gear lay propped against a rock. He then rummages through the pack and pulls out a piece of rolled parchment.

"Sorry we don't get the luxury of office space out here." he says as he unrolls the map. "This is a detailed drawing of the Silver Road and it's surrounds a mile on either side. For the past week we have been getting reports of an ogre being sited north of Baron's Crossing but far south of Tritower." he looks at the map and points to a section of the road. "Somewhere in this area. It shy's away from patrols and large parties but has attacked a small group of horsemen who simply outran the creature."

Guardsman Hizer rolls up the map and using it to point at the group. "And this is where you fit in. The council thinks a small able body of warriors should be enough to bring the creature down and send a strong message to anything else thinking they can use the Silver Road as their hunting grounds. Do you think your up for such a challenge?"

DrJest

First Post
Korey eyes his potential new companions and grins. With a sidelong glance to the weapon laden warrior, replies "Aye. Me thinks we can kill yer Ogre. What are the terms?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hizer's eyes grow wide when Tyrion mentions wishing to fight more than one ogre. He quickly regains his composure and then responds to Korey's question.

"When you have completed the task and shown proof to myself or a patrol along the road ,you will be given a debt notice to collect a purse of one thousand golden drakes."

hemera

Explorer
"What sort of proof do you want? I'm guessing his.." she pauses momentarily, discomfort in her eyes "head will suffice then?"

"Other than that, I'd say we've got our location in mind. We're small enough to hopefully flush him out, and then" she smacks her fist against her palm. "we bring him down."

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry, I've been sick for a few days. I'm back up and going now though!
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases