[LPF] Ogre in the Rushes

DrJest

First Post
"Just the one? Thats to bad" says the warrior,a grimmice appearing on his face.

Korey grins at Tyrion. "I like the way ya think. If ain't bein' half bad with that arsenal, me thinks you and I could be friends!"

hemera said:
"We're small enough to hopefully flush him out, and then" she smacks her fist against her palm. "we bring him down."

Korey turns his glance to the human... "It may turn out the three of us may become fast friends indeed lass."

Moving back to Hizer's map, Korey plants a stubby finger in the target area. "What say we get here, make a nuisance of ourselves, and bring us down an Ogre?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hizer nods at Reianne's assumption that they should bring back the creatures head, his expression showing he too doesn't like that prospect.

Rolling up the map Hizer says to the group, "That area is only the first sighting. About nine or ten miles up the road from it was the second. So if you find nothing at the first location I suggest trying the second. Good luck."

Setting off from the way shrine the new companions enjoy the autumn like day as a cool breeze helps to keep the sun from baking them on this cloudless day.

Stopping about midday at The Broken Log the group has a meager meal (compared to the Dunn Wright) and only get more rumors of the ogre sightings than anything they can trust as fact, so they move on.

A few more hours of marching and they are all quite sure they have reached the first area Guardsman Hizer talked about.

The road narrows and a grouping of rocks ahead would make for the perfect ambush site.

[sblock=OOC]
Group starts at the Red "X"

Please roll Perception checks as you move your character on the map.

Even though we aren't in combat please try to limit your actions as if we are.

You can also go back and RP any planning you wish to do and then when done we can start with this encounter. Just post talking as you walk or sit at the tavern during your rest break.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Kings Road GRID.jpg
    Kings Road GRID.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 337

jackslate45

First Post
Korey grins at Tyrion. "I like the way ya think. If ain't bein' half bad with that arsenal, me thinks you and I could be friends!"
The warrior gives a confident smile, and replied "I can make these thing dance like you've never seen before! Just duck when I bring this partner out" touching the hammer itself.

Once they get started down the road he turns to his new companions. "Names Tyrion. What would yours be?"

DrJest

First Post
At The Broken Log

Korey wipes the remaining grease (and not few chunks) of his roast duck from his mouth with the back of his hand. He downs the last of the ale from the horn.

<Brrrrrrrp!!> "Well that was nearly adequate. What say we head on out?"

"By the by, any thoughts on how we take this thing down when we find it? Ogres is dumb as rocks and methinks we can prolly sneak up on it. I can hit em low, while Tyrion hits em high. How about you lass?"

On the Silver Road

As the group leaves the Inn, Korey seems a little talkative and uncharacteristically friendly. The closer the trio get to the first target location, and the happy ale effects seep out, Korey begins to withdraw.

About an hour out, Korey unstraps his crossbow and cranks it to a cocked position. Grabbing a bolt at random from its case, he loads it. "Could be trouble at any time I suppose."

A bit later, the trio nears a narrowing of the road and a rock formation. Korey looks to his companions and points to the rock formation as if they hadn't already seen it. "Good place for an ambush, I'd say. Let's take care eh?" he says in a quiet voice.

Korey slows his pace and keeps his crossbow at the ready as he proceeds forward, scanning the rocks ahead...

[sblock=Game Actions]
Recognizing this as a potential ambush site and contact is possible, Korey proceeds with more caution.

Move Action: Move to F4
Standard Action: Ready Attack with Crossbow
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
180px-Dwarf_Warrior.jpg

Korey McKragg

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+3/D10/19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
[/sblock]

[sblock=What the ...]
Guess I won't complain about my first roll of the adventure. Too ba dit wasn't an attack roll!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hemera

Explorer
--Interlude, Broken Log

While talking and eating a filling if rather tasteless stew at the Broken Log, Reianne has a moment to think on Korey's question.

"Well, I'm good with tricks with my whip here and magic to beguile others. But, I don't think this calls for beguiling as such. I've still got a few tricks in reserve to use though."

--While marching down the Silver Road

"So Tyrion, I'm Reianne and this is Korey. I have to admit, I didn't expect my second job would be to kill an ogre. Can't say I mind though."

Noticing Korey readying his crossbow, Reianne walks a bit more cautiously silent cursing her lack of a similar ranged weapon.

As they near the narrowing of the rocks, and he points out the likely ambush formation ahead she furrows her brow a bit. Quietly she responds "Let's watch ourselves then, maybe we'll get lucky and turn an ambush back on them."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to G4
Standard: Ready Scorpion Whip
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
--At the tavern:
"I heard them ogres are all dumb. I'm surprised that one avoided capture this long. Maybe beguiling then will work. " Tyrion says with a shrug. "Once it's dead the road will be safer, and that's the important thing."

--On the road
Thinking along the same lines as the dwarf, Tyrion went to reach for his crossbow, loads it, and keeps holding onto it as the group keep walking.

Tyrion moves to the other side of Korey, ready to launch a bolt if an enemy appears

[sblock]
Free: Draw Crossbow
Move to e4
Standard: Ready crossbow shot
[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Bronn.jpg

AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 24/24

Initiative:
+2
Perception
: +4 Sense Motive:+2
CMB:
+6 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow +4 1d8 19-20 x2
Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed

Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The bushes down the road begin to rustle and Korey notes it isn't the wind that sets them to swaying. But before he can give out a quiet warning he sees the causes as a very large porcupine makes it's way out onto the road.

porcupine.jpg

The creature turns to look at the group, and it's quills bristle as it gives a warning hiss at them to keep away.

[sblock=OOC]
We are in the surprise round, where it looks like only Korey and his nat 20 get to act.

Roll INITs when you get the chance. Just so we can do things in order.[/sblock]

Attachments

• encounter 1-1.jpg
    encounter 1-1.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 295

hemera

Explorer
Reacting in slow motion to everything around her, Reianne moves a step to the side away from the vicious little fur ball that savaged Korey, drops her whip and draws her sword and casts a rapid spell.

[sblock=Actions]
Whew ok, didn't expect that crit.
So if I missed something let me know,
Free: Drop whip
5' step to H5
Move to Draw her Sword
Standard to cast Ear-Piercing Scream
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DrJest

First Post
Korey stop abruptly, bring the crossbow up and begins to aim, when he notices the porcupine.

"Bah, it's just a Por-kee-pine. She sure is a big'un though."

Korey brings the crossbow down slightly and relaxes a bit.

"Go on now, get outta here!" he yells at the creature.

Korey keeps his eye on the porcupine and isn't above feathering it if it should be too aggressive.

I wonder how por-kee-pine tastes? Korey thinks to himself.

[sblock=Game Actions]
Still keeping his eye on the Porcupine, Korey hopes it ambles off, but remains ready should it get aggressive.

Standard Action: Ready Attack with Crossbow
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
180px-Dwarf_Warrior.jpg

Korey McKragg

AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+3/D10/19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases