[LPF] Ogre in the Rushes - Page 3




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 164
  1. #21
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJest View Post

    "Go on now, get outta here!" he yells at the creature.

    OOC: Not exactly wild empathy but I'll give you a chance...

    The quills on the porcupine's back rise up and the creature charges down the road at Korey. (bad roll sorry)

    Advancing the porcupine thinks, {{ I wonder what dwarf taste like? }}

    The ball of fur and quills comes barreling down the road and the dwarf let's fly his loaded bolt. And then the creature slams into the dwarf puncturing him in multiple spots with long thick quills. Korey goes stiff with pain before falling back, half of the creatures quills going up his legs towards his abdomen.

    COMBAT

    INIT ORDER:
    Korey - taking ready action from surprise round
    Porcupine - attacking the dwarf
    Tyrion -
    Reianne -

    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 11th August, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    ° Ignore DrJest
    My communities:

    As the porcupine charges, Korey just has time to bring his crossbow up and fire a bolt. It all happened so fast he didn't have time to see if he hit it. Before he knew it was on him. The last thing he remembered was seering, penetrating pain in his legs and groin.

    Alas, brought low by a durned por-kee-pine! Korey thinks to himself, and then the world spun and went dark.


    Game Actions

    Redied Action: Attack Porcupine with Crossbow


    Mini Stats


    Korey McKragg

    AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: -8/13
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
    Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
    Initiative: +3

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+3/D10/19-20/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: Unconcious/Dying

  • #23
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    ° Ignore jackslate45
    My communities:

    Seing the dwarf go down in a single hit, Tyrion realized he needs to bring this creature down now

    Droping his crossbow, and unsheathes his massive sword, Tyrion raises it high, but gets no where as a spine attempts to poke out his eye, causing his swing to go wide.
    Spoiler:

    Free: DropCrossbow
    Free: Quick Draw Falchion
    Standard: SWING! and miss

    Mini Stats


    AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
    HP: 24/24


    Initiative:
    +2
    Perception
    : +4 Sense Motive:+2
    CMB:
    +6 CMD: 18
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion +7 2d4 + 9 (PA/FF)
    Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed, Furious Focus (First attack does not take PA penalty)

    Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations

  • #24
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The porcupine backs away from the noise. The fact that it moves without a stagger tells Reianne that the spell didn't daze the creature as she had wished.

    It limps along with Korey's bolt still lodged in his shoulder.

    OOC

    Sorry Tue the site was down for maintenance and yesterday everything was white and loading slowly.

    Looks good today so am updating.

    This round -

    Porcupine: withdraws (30' away from group) AC:13, HP: 12/22
    Korey: needs to roll to stabilize
    Tyrion: post action (missed by one btw as it had a -2 AC for charging)
    Reianne: post actions (and DC's when you use a spell, thaks in advance)
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 16th August, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #25
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    ° Ignore DrJest
    My communities:

    Korey McKragg lies on the ground continuing to bleed out from multiple wounds in his leg and groin.

    Game Actions

    Action: Stabilization Check


    Mini Stats


    Korey McKragg

    AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: -9/13
    CMB: +4 CMD: 16
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
    Perception: +1, Darkvision 60'
    Initiative: +3

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Crossbow (+3/D10/19-20/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: Unconcious/Dying
    Last edited by DrJest; Thursday, 16th August, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

  • #26
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221

    ° Ignore hemera
    Seeing the ferocious little animal back away quickly, Reianne moves over to her downed companion and attempts to staunch his rapid bleeding. "Tyrion, can you keep it away from Korey while I try to bind his wounds? I'm doing my best but it doesn't look good.."

    Actions

    Sorry for the missing DC there, I'll make sure it's there from now on. ^.^
    Move to F5 and (Standard) Fail at First Aid. I'll drop my sword if need be.


    Mini Stats

    Mini Stats

    Reianne Estril

    AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
    HP:
    15/16

    Initiative:
    +1
    Perception
    : -1 Sense Motive: -1
    CMB:
    +3/+5 (tripping) CMD: 14/16 (resisting tripping)
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +2

    Masterwork Scorpion Whip:
    +4, 1d4+2, 15' Reach, Trip, Disarm, Performance, Nonthreating
    Masterwork Longsword:
    +4, 19-20, 1d8+2
    Morningstar: +3, 1d8+2
    Dagger: +3, 19-20, 1d4+2
    Thrown Dagger:
    +2, 19-20, 1d4+2, 10'
    Thrown Alchemist's Fire: +2 1d6 fire 10', Touch Attack, Splash, 1d6 fire on 2nd round.

    Combat Feats
    Arcane Strike
    Combat Casting
    Combat Expertise
    Improved Trip

    Bard Cantrips: Daze, Detect Magic, Drench, Jolt, Lullaby, Mending, Read Magic

    1st Level Bard Spells (2/day): Charm Person, Ear-Piercing Scream, Sleep

    1 Spell Used, (Porcupine of Doom)

    Conditions:
    None

    Bardic Performance: 8 rounds per day

    In Hand:
    None

    Consumables: 2 Daggers, 5 Alchemist Fire's


    Last edited by hemera; Friday, 17th August, 2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Weird double sblock that I can't seem to edit out. ><

  • #27
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    ° Ignore jackslate45
    My communities:

    "I think I can manage that, ya."

    Moving closer towards the beast in an attempt to draw it to him, Tyrion sheathes his massive sword on his back. He then grabs hold of the 7' long weapon, and unhooks it from its holster.

    "Come here you spiky...thingy. Come get me."

    Moving forward
    Spoiler:

    Move: Sheathe Falchion
    Free: Draw Lucerene Hammer
    Standard: move 10' in front of Korey, ready to swing that Massive Hammer down as the creature charges Tyrion. Hurray for reach and AoO!

    Mini Stats


    AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
    HP: 24/24


    Initiative:
    +2
    Perception
    : +4 Sense Motive:+2
    CMB:
    +6 CMD: 18
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion +7 1d12 + 9 (PA/FF)
    Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed, Furious Focus (First attack does not take PA penalty)

    Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations
    Last edited by jackslate45; Saturday, 18th August, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

  • #28
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The porcupine growls at Tyrion's bravado and then moves in to attack. The massive lucerene goes up and comes down just a bit late as the creature gets by the head of the weapon.

    Cursing Tyrion braces for the quills that are almost at eye level with him at the moment.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 20th August, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #29
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    The creature flips around using it's hard tail to attack the over-extended warrior.

    The tail comes down catching the warriors fore-arm and hand. And it feels like to Tyrion that his hand just got stepped on by a horse.



    Combat

    This round -

    Porcupine: attacks Tyrion - AC:13, HP: 12/22
    Korey: needs to roll to stabilize HP: -9/13 (CON: 14)
    Tyrion:
    is up HP: 12/24
    Reianne: is up HP: 15/16
    Last edited by HolyMan; Monday, 20th August, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #30
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    ° Ignore jackslate45
    My communities:

    Tyrion flinched at the pain, and dropped his hammer because of it. It clatter loudly to the ground as he growls back at the beast in front of him. With a loud yell he reaches back toward his sword again, and swings it down. He feels the blow connect near the pocupine's spine, but the blade does not sink in all the way to cut the creature in half.

    Moving forward
    Spoiler:

    Free: Drop Hammer
    Free: Re-draw Falchion
    Standard: Third times the charm? CRIT THREAT!!! To the third 3...and minimum damage?!

    Mini Stats


    AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
    HP: 12/24


    Initiative:
    +2
    Perception
    : +4 Sense Motive:+2
    CMB:
    +6 CMD: 18
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Falchion +7 2d4 + 9 (PA/FF)
    Current Conditions in Place: Power Attack(-1 Attack Roll/ +2/3 Damage), 3 Attacks of Opportunity Available, can make AoO's flat-footed, Furious Focus (First attack does not take PA penalty)

    Consumables Available: 3 Acid, 20 Crossbow Bolts, 4 Rations
    Last edited by jackslate45; Tuesday, 21st August, 2012 at 01:49 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. OGRE
      By Morrus in forum Public Wiki Pages
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 6th August, 2012, 01:02 AM
    2. 1/2 ogre
      By kayn99 in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th April, 2007, 06:30 PM
    3. Can a goblin riding an ogre use Mounted Combat to defend the ogre?
      By Cyberzombie in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2005, 11:42 PM
    4. An old ogre
      By trentonjoe in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th January, 2004, 02:51 AM
    5. Ogre Cave
      By Larry Fitz in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd September, 2003, 10:05 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •