Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Here we go!
Lead-in action begins with the next post. Players are requested to post at your discretion.

DM - Leif

[sblock=PCs:]

-drothgery - Sariel Kalantar, Eladrin Warlord12 (Battle Captain) HP: 81/81
AC: 29; Fort:25 ; Ref: 28; Will: 28

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Adventure Begins -- ALL CLEAR!

The adventurers have been summoned to the town of Fallcrest in the Nentir Vale. During the journey there, from the various places where they were before, each of them has heard rumors and talk of rising armies of giants marauding the countryside and towns and vilages across the country. Once in Fallcrest, the Lord Warden tells them, "Someone or something has aroused the giants of the Stonemarch and the lands beyond. Already an army of these terrible creatures prepares to march. They shall easily sweep over Winterhaven on their way to Fallcrest. You, if you accept my charge, must stop this threat before Fallcrest and the entire Vale are overrun and destroyed. If you succeed, a reward of 24,000 pieces of gold awaits the survivors."

The Lord Warden's Vizier and Advisor now speaks up and says, "I have just researched the area from which we expect the giants to issue. I found references to a city there that has some connection to the Dawn War, and there are tales that the greatest champions of the land were sent there for some obscure purpose. The city's name was Argent, but nothing has been seen or heard of it for many long years. If you find and retrieve evidence for me of the existence of Argent, I will reward your group with an item of great power. If you can bring me the location of Argent and draw for me a map to it, I will triple the reward."

The Lord Warden and his Vizier fall silent and look expectantly at the adventurers.

-hafrogman - Heise, Human Sorcerer12 HP: 81/81
AC: 25; Fort: 24; Ref: 26; Will: 29
-Insight- Durn Duradin, Dwarf Fighter12 (Shield Adept) HP: 102/102
AC: 30; Fort: 29; Ref: 22; Will: 28
-XXXSon of Meepo - Baramos Rathmore, Dragonborn Paladin|Sorcerer (Paragon-Hybrid) HP: 82/82
AC: 31; Fort: 25; Ref: 21; Will: 26
-XXXKnowledge Checks - Althous, Human Monk12 (Ghostwalker Paragon path, Knight Hospitaler theme) HP: 80/80
AC: 28; Fort:26 ; Ref: 28; Will: 27
-XXXDistractingFlare - Tyrus Stormscour, Human Barbarian12 (Death's Thane) HP: 110/110
AC: 25; Fort: 29; Ref: 23; Will: 22
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Nentir Vale Fallcrest Map.jpg
    Nentir Vale Fallcrest Map.jpg
    911.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Sariel, LG eladrin warlord 12 (battle captain)

"You know even my father cannot command Myth Drannor's armies on his bare word? The only sword I can offer is my own. But I would see this threat dealt with." A short, beautiful young eladrin woman with a rapier on her hip said, with rather more composure than one who didn't know her might expect. A twinkle appeared in her eye, then. "Though the money and knowledge of a lost ancient city would be nice..."

Son of Meepo

First Post
The dragonborn stepped forward proudly carrying the arms of his ancestors. Magic appeared to radiate from his very being, steeped in the blood of dragons.

"And you have the sword of the Rathmore clan and if necessary my life as well. As long as I draw breath no giant nor their allies shall escape my blade."

drothgery

First Post
Sariel, LG eladrin warlord 12 (battle captain)

"You are Baramos Rathmore, then?" Sariel asked. She knew of the dragonborn only by reputation, but few would wear the clothes and carry the arms he did, even fewer would be invited to a gathering such as this, and she thought only one of those would claim allegiance to the Rathmore clan. "I am Sariel Kalantar."

Heisse knew her, of course, but she had never met the dwarf before. She had her suspicions -- she was enough of a bard to hear tales, but no certainty.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Heise paces a small distance back and forth as he considers the situation. He strokes at his chin, not for the first time bemoaning the fact that he isn't able to grow a suitable goatee.

"Giants, eh? An interesting challenge. Dangerous foes to be sure, but not something you'd want to have rampaging across your lands. What kind of giants are we talking about?"

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Not overlooking Sariel's History skill check and Heise's question, just giving the others a chance to post. [Question and skill check now dealt with in the next post]

OOC: Also, have added a map of Fallcrest and the Nentir Vale to post # 2 of this thread.

-Insight- Durn Duradin, Dwarf Fighter (Shield Adept) HP: 102/102
-Son of Meepo - Baramos Rathmore, Dragonborn Paladin|Sorcerer (Paragon-Hybrid) HP: 82/82
-XXXKnowledge Checks - Althous, Human Monk12 (Ghostwalker Paragon path, Knight Hospitaler theme) HP: 80/80
-XXXDistractingFlare - Tyrus Stormscour, Human Barbarian12 (Death's Thane) HP: 110/110
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Adventure Begins -- Argent

Sariel knows the following about Argent:

Argent, one of the world's oldest cities, is a city built high on a mountaintop overlooking the Plains of Chaos. Every 5 years, the leaders of all civilized nations chose from their people one or more champions and sent them to Argent to take their tuns standing a watch in Argent to defend civilization against foes and threats from other planes and other realities. The Champions of Argent were known by their Silver Cloaks.

Then, the Peace of Nerath lessened the urgency with which Champions were sent to Argent, until, finally, none arrived to don the Silver Cloaks at all. Legend holds that the Guardian of Argent still awaits the arrival of the next Champions.

Argent is one of the oldest cities in the world, and was founded by gods and mortals in the wake of the Dawn War. In addition to the Champions, Argent was home to its Guardian and his Seneschal, as well as an army of volunteers drawn from the lion-like race known as Torrians.

OOC: The particular types of giants are unknown, but hill and earth giants have been seen, at least.

-Son of Meepo - Baramos Rathmore, Dragonborn Paladin|Sorcerer (Paragon-Hybrid) HP: 82/82
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"I've heard of Argent." Sariel says, then relays what she knows.

OOC: she tells everyone what she learned from the History check (and isn't redundant with what they've already been told).

Leif

Adventurer
The Adventure Begins -- Argent

The PCs have, indeed, heard of Argent, but they don't specifically know the precise route to the city although they know that it is generally to the northwest from Fallcrest and the Nentir Vale, and it is located high in the mountains. There is only one road that leads to the northwest from Fallcrest, and it happens to be right here where the PCs are presently located. And this road to the northwest leads into the mountains, too. Most roads in the world are quite old, since few if any civilizations have had the resources to engage in any programs of road-building in recent decades because of the necessity to defend what 'points of light' remain of civilization from the ever-encroaching darkness.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases