Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [IC 01]

Insight

Adventurer
Durn, having been silent so far, holds his tongue no longer.

"My people are from those mountains," he says. "And I have long dealt with giants and their wretched allies. I will lead this assault. You will need my experience and expertise in this matter."

The dwarf hefts his hammer. "This weapon was forged in the blood of a dying storm giant. And it was I, Durn Duradin, of the Shieldsworn, that felled the beast. With this hammer, I will strike down many more giants. In the name of the Shieldsworn and the Duradin clan, WE WILL NOT FAIL!"

drothgery

First Post
Sariel showed little surprise when Durn gave his name; like Baramos, he had something of a reputation even if she had never worked with him before.
"I don't suppose you have the pattern of a teleportation circle in Argent?" Sariel asks their hosts. She doesn't think it's likely, but it's possible the Vizier might. And it would save quite a bit of time if she could bring the group there with a Linked Portal ritual.
OOC: Assuming he doesn't, do we know approximately how far it is to Argent? I'm trying to figure if it makes more sense to just walk normally, buy mundane mounts, play a Traveler's Chant, buy mundane mounts AND play a Traveler's Chant, or summon Phantom Steeds

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Assuming he doesn't, do we know approximately how far it is to Argent? I'm trying to figure if it makes more sense to just walk normally, buy mundane mounts, play a Traveler's Chant, buy mundane mounts AND play a Traveler's Chant, or summon Phantom Steeds

OOC: At our level, we should be able to acquire normal steeds without any trouble. The rule of thumb that I use is that you can acquire mundane items up to level x 5gp without spending any of your own goal. At our level, that would be 60gp. I believe normal riding horses are less than that.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Hang on, hang on! Everyome just had the oppotunity to acquire steeds with your starting money for your level, but let's just forget about all of that.

IC: The Vizier says, "Why, yes, we do have one of those circle things around here somewhere. We've never known how to use it, though."

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Baramos responds...

"Good to meet the rest of you. Even better to hear you have one of those circle things. Someone tried to give me a horse... once. The things front legs snapped the moment I tried to mount it. Pity I had to take my sword to it. On the other hand we did eat well that night. But I'm afraid I don't know much about using circles either. I just walk to where I'm going... slowly."

OOC: Dragonborn are too heavy to ride most normal mounts.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Hang on, hang on! Everyome just had the oppotunity to acquire steeds with your starting money for your level, but let's just forgert about all of that.
OOC: Yeah, but I figured Sariel would normally use Linked Portal to cover long distances so keeping a horse around would be inconvenient. But if we've got a fairly long trek to an unknown location ahead, mounts would be nice; for a shorter trip, especially if speed is of the essence, she'd summon Phantom Steeds, which have no problem carrying a dragonborn...

IC: The Vizier says, "Why, yes, we do have one of those circle things around here somewhere. We've never known how to use it, though."
"Unfortunately, I need to know the pattern of the circle I'm teleporting to, not the one I'm teleporting from; learning the one here would let me bring us back quickly, though." Sariel said. "Don't let this ritual talk fool you, though; I'm not a wizard."

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
"We need not magic to aid us in this trek," Durn says defiantly. "I know those mountains. They are my home. I know them as well as any of you might know the village in which you were born. I have long strove to drive the giants from the Dwarven heartland. Fear not, where magic fails, experience and tenacity take up the reins!"

Leif

Adventurer
The Vizier says, "The legend says that the one who appeared before also left a way to follow him back, but I know nothing about that."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases