D&D 4th Edition Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [IC 01] - Page 2
+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Insight

Friend+
    Durn, having been silent so far, holds his tongue no longer.

"My people are from those mountains," he says. "And I have long dealt with giants and their wretched allies. I will lead this assault. You will need my experience and expertise in this matter."

The dwarf hefts his hammer. "This weapon was forged in the blood of a dying storm giant. And it was I, Durn Duradin, of the Shieldsworn, that felled the beast. With this hammer, I will strike down many more giants. In the name of the Shieldsworn and the Duradin clan, WE WILL NOT FAIL!"

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block drothgery

Friend+
    My communities:

Sariel showed little surprise when Durn gave his name; like Baramos, he had something of a reputation even if she had never worked with him before.
    "I don't suppose you have the pattern of a teleportation circle in Argent?" Sariel asks their hosts. She doesn't think it's likely, but it's possible the Vizier might. And it would save quite a bit of time if she could bring the group there with a Linked Portal ritual.
    OOC: Assuming he doesn't, do we know approximately how far it is to Argent? I'm trying to figure if it makes more sense to just walk normally, buy mundane mounts, play a Traveler's Chant, buy mundane mounts AND play a Traveler's Chant, or summon Phantom Steeds

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Insight

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by drothgery View Post
    OOC: Assuming he doesn't, do we know approximately how far it is to Argent? I'm trying to figure if it makes more sense to just walk normally, buy mundane mounts, play a Traveler's Chant, buy mundane mounts AND play a Traveler's Chant, or summon Phantom Steeds
    OOC: At our level, we should be able to acquire normal steeds without any trouble. The rule of thumb that I use is that you can acquire mundane items up to level x 5gp without spending any of your own goal. At our level, that would be 60gp. I believe normal riding horses are less than that.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block drothgery

Friend+
    My communities:

OOC: ... but one casting of Phantom Steed is cheaper than 4 horses and faster for a day.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

Block Leif

Friend+
    My communities:

OOC: Hang on, hang on! Everyome just had the oppotunity to acquire steeds with your starting money for your level, but let's just forget about all of that.

IC: The Vizier says, "Why, yes, we do have one of those circle things around here somewhere. We've never known how to use it, though."
    Last edited by Leif; Thursday, 16th August, 2012 at 02:11 PM.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Son of Meepo

Friend+
    Baramos responds...

"Good to meet the rest of you. Even better to hear you have one of those circle things. Someone tried to give me a horse... once. The things front legs snapped the moment I tried to mount it. Pity I had to take my sword to it. On the other hand we did eat well that night. But I'm afraid I don't know much about using circles either. I just walk to where I'm going... slowly."

OOC: Dragonborn are too heavy to ride most normal mounts.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block drothgery

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    OOC: Hang on, hang on! Everyome just had the oppotunity to acquire steeds with your starting money for your level, but let's just forgert about all of that.
    OOC: Yeah, but I figured Sariel would normally use Linked Portal to cover long distances so keeping a horse around would be inconvenient. But if we've got a fairly long trek to an unknown location ahead, mounts would be nice; for a shorter trip, especially if speed is of the essence, she'd summon Phantom Steeds, which have no problem carrying a dragonborn...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    IC: The Vizier says, "Why, yes, we do have one of those circle things around here somewhere. We've never known how to use it, though."
    "Unfortunately, I need to know the pattern of the circle I'm teleporting to, not the one I'm teleporting from; learning the one here would let me bring us back quickly, though." Sariel said. "Don't let this ritual talk fool you, though; I'm not a wizard."
    Last edited by drothgery; Saturday, 11th August, 2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: grammar

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Insight

Friend+
    "We need not magic to aid us in this trek," Durn says defiantly. "I know those mountains. They are my home. I know them as well as any of you might know the village in which you were born. I have long strove to drive the giants from the Dwarven heartland. Fear not, where magic fails, experience and tenacity take up the reins!"

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

Block Leif

Friend+
    My communities:

The Vizier says, "The legend says that the one who appeared before also left a way to follow him back, but I know nothing about that."

Scout (Lvl 6)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Son of Meepo

Friend+
    Baramos decides he has something better to do and turns around and walks out.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply