Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [IC 01]

drothgery

First Post
"We need not magic to aid us in this trek," Durn says defiantly. "I know those mountains. They are my home. I know them as well as any of you might know the village in which you were born. I have long strove to drive the giants from the Dwarven heartland. Fear not, where magic fails, experience and tenacity take up the reins!"
"I spent a lot of time trying to convince my parents of that," Sariel says. "But in my advanced years..." said a sun elf who might perhaps be as old as thirty, and who would live for centuries if she did not meet a violent end "... if I can speed a trip up with a ritual or two without spending all the gold I have on-hand on components, I'll usually do it."
The Vizier says, "The legend says that the one who appeared before also left a way to follow him back, but I know nothing about that."
"The one who appeared before?" she asks.

Leif

Adventurer
"The one who appeared before?" she asks.
"*Ahem*, yes, well, ahh... resorting to the legendary tales again, although it seems rather peculiar, an odd fellow was said to appear here -- one with a visage like a lion, mane and all you know, and it is said that he left behind him the way to follow him, whatever that's supposed to mean," quoth the Vizier of Fallcrest.

[sblock=PCs:]
-Insight- Durn Duradin, Dwarf Fighter12 (Shield Adept) HP: 102/102
AC: 30; Fort: 29; Ref: 22; Will: 28
-drothgery - Sariel Kalantar, Eladrin Warlord12 (Battle Captain) HP: 81/81
AC: 29; Fort:25 ; Ref: 28; Will: 28
-Son of Meepo - Baramos Rathmore, Dragonborn Paladin|Sorcerer (Paragon-Hybrid) HP: 82/82
AC: 31; Fort: 25; Ref: 21; Will: 26

-hafrogman - Heise, Human Sorcerer12 HP: 81/81
AC: 25; Fort: 24; Ref: 26; Will: 29
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Heise watches as the debate swirls about him, quietly thinking about the situation. His eyes follow as the dragonborn stomps out of the room, then he turns quizzically to look at the others, but he can do nothing other than shrug.

"Well for now, if we don't know exactly where this city is, or exactly how to get there, let's focus on our more imminent issue. Giants, yes? We need to make our way to the mountains. If we find Argent while we are looking for our foes, so much the better. If we can unlock the secret to returning, well then, that would presumably be even better than a map for our lord vizier."

He looks around at the remaining adventurers.

"As for the rest, I have never had an issue with traveling under my own power. I certainly have no desire to bring horses to become giant food, or to fall in some crevasse. If you wish to augment our travel with magic, I have some small funds I could lend to that effort, but I expect that we will be spending no small amount of time walking through the mountains. Perhaps we should begin to acclimatize ourselves to it now."

Leif

Adventurer
Vizier

"A pox on all of this talk! Follow me now, if you please, and I will show you this circle? Perhaps one of you can sense something that we have overlooked?" With that, the Vizier begins to lead you deeper into the manse.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"As for the rest, I have never had an issue with traveling under my own power. I certainly have no desire to bring horses to become giant food, or to fall in some crevasse. If you wish to augment our travel with magic, I have some small funds I could lend to that effort, but I expect that we will be spending no small amount of time walking through the mountains. Perhaps we should begin to acclimatize ourselves to it now."
"Still I thought you liked it when I played." Heise had, of course, been the benificiary of a traveler's chant before. It occured to her that her flute was burried somewhere in her bag of holding; the dwarf wouldn't know she had it -- or if she was any good.

"A pox on all of this talk! Follow me now, if you please, and I will show you this circle? Perhaps one of you can sense something that we have overlooked?" With that, the Vizier begins to lead you deeper into the manse.
Sariel followed, her curiousity getting the better of her. She wonders about the lion-man creature as follows.
Code:
moster kowledge checks:

Aberrant        Dungeoneering 
Construct       Arcana 
Elemental       Arcana 
Fey             Arcana 
Immortal        Religion 
Natural         Nature 
Shadow          Arcana 
Undead          Religion
OOC: I'm thinking it's safe to assume that whatever it was, the lion-man was not immortal, undead, or an aberration...

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Still in Fallcrest - with the Vizier

Sariel remembers a little that she heard once long ago about a race of leonid humanoids called Torrians. They were supposedly bred for some pupose long ago, but have now been scattered and mostly live in the widerness now.
The circle, judging from the glyphs and sigils adorning it, will transport those standing within directly to the city of Argent, when it is properly activated. Much of the incantation needed to activate it is cunningly concealed around the very border of the circle itself, but there is a vital part of the incantation missing, the 'key' one might say.

OOC: Nature was the relevant check about the Torrians, so all you got was vague and general stuff. Arcana was relevant to the circle.

[sblock=PCs:]
-Insight- Durn Duradin, Dwarf Fighter12 (Shield Adept) HP: 102/102
AC: 30; Fort: 29; Ref: 22; Will: 28
-drothgery - Sariel Kalantar, Eladrin Warlord12 (Battle Captain) HP: 81/81
AC: 29; Fort:25 ; Ref: 28; Will: 28
-hafrogman - Heise, Human Sorcerer12 HP: 81/81
AC: 25; Fort: 24; Ref: 26; Will: 29
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Sariel, LG eladrin warlord 12 (battle captain)

OOC: I expected that, but figured it was worth a shot trying for Arcana due to really high Arcana bonus

Sariel relays what she learned to the others, then asks if he has any ideas on where the key might be.

Leif

Adventurer
Still in Fallcrest - with the Vizier

The Vizier says, "Key? I see no keyhole, do you?"

OOC: All PCs please give me Perception checks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases