Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: There's actually nothing in the text of Linked Portal about what happens if the circle you're trying to teleport to is damaged; Sariel should know, though...
OOC: Yes, agreed, if anyone really knows this. Of course, you're assuming that this circle placed by the torrians is exactly like the teleportation circles that you're familiar with, and I think we all know what is said about those who assume.... On the other hand, Sariel may be able to learn something from a more in-depth inspection of this circle, and I think she may have done that, but I can't remember what she got for the skill check.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Yes, agreed, if anyone really knows this. Of course, you're assuming that this circle placed by the torrians is exactly like the teleportation circles that you're familiar with, and I think we all know what is said about those who assume.... On the other hand, Sariel may be able to learn something from a more in-depth inspection of this circle, and I think she may have done that, but I can't remember what she got for the skill check.
OOC: What I meant with my disclaimer is that Sariel, being lawful good if intensely curious, would not say anything other than what she believed to be true here. Obviously she doesn't know for sure if this ritual would work the same way, though she thinks it would be likely.

She got a 31 on her initial Arcana check to examine the circle way back here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5988817-post25.html . One thing she wanted to know in addition to the special properties of this circle and what exactly this mystery ritual does is whether it could be used as a destination for a standard linked portal ritual.

Leif

Adventurer
Back at the Circle

[sblock=skill check for circle]
31, hmmm. That's plenty. Sorry I needed all of the posts made since that check for some background development before I was ready to go.
[/sblock]
Sariel can see the destination's name coded cunningly into the outer ring of runes of the circle -- ARGENT. The ritual formula is just a slight variant of a typical 'teleportation circle ritual,' and Sariel doubts whether the very small discrepancies would make any real difference.

[sblock=The Differences]
The discrepancies betweeen what's on the scroll and what Sariel knows is mostly due to the age of the language used -- "thither" instead of "there," "hither" instead of "here," "thee" or "thou" instead of "you," and that kind of thing.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Hearing no objections, Sariel transcribes the pattern of the circle into her notes, copies the ritual into her ritual book, and begins to cast it, placing the focus approriately.
OOC: Linked portal requires an arcana check to determine how long the gate stays open, though she'd need help or external penalties to not get a result in the 20-39 range for three rounds; no way for me to know if it's the same for this one, but rolled the dice anyway

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I know that Insight has recently just withdrawn from many of his games and I suspect that this one would have been first on that list. I have no knowledge of hafrogman's current whereabouts, but I have little hope that he will remain here long. Unfortunately, drothgery, that, I believe leaves you as the sole survivor.

If you want to continue, we can either attempt to recruit replacement players or you can take on the other characters as co-equal PCs or as henchmen/servants/employees of your PC, and you could even choose any of the characters to be your main PC.

Just spitballing here, so any other ideas are welcome.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases