[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Thank you for your assistance, madame." Fae'shiel says to the Barkeeper. She then turns to the others and says "Well should we see about finding a Compass and Map Maker, or should we attempt to find someone desperate enough to lead us up there?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Katrina.jpg

Sarel smiles and leaves you to your business, "You are welcome, dearies."

"Have a nice night."

[sblock=GM Commentary]Okay, with site issues we have had a longer than expected delay in things and the roleplaying has slowed down as a side effect. I am ready to get rolling once more, but I want to provide some meta-game guidance.

While I could let you have free reign to try and do what you want, I really am not going to let you work towards being mounted in any combat encounters, nor do I want to worry about some hireling watching horses while you are in the dungeon. So, rather than let you fence around trying to get it, why don't I just tell you that you have access to the tools you need and I can forego putting up the IC stumbling blocks to foil your plans to your continual aggravation if wish to pursue horses and an unnecessary guide. ;)

This way we can move along and get down to business, yeah? :)

You can go ahead and advance yourselves to morning and purchase a compass/map off camera[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I'm going to have Markas stable the horse and then walk with the rest of the group. Never planned on mounted combat I wanted to use the horse like a pack mule - buy extra rope, armor, a tent, rations. But I think that is the gamer in me thinking all that. Until Markas discoveries that it would be best to be prepared for anything on a trip into a dungeon he will just take is normal gear.[/sblock]

"Well I need to go talk to the stable hand and see if I get a good deal on my horses stabling the next couple days. Then I'll be off to bed early as I'll need all my strength for a three day hike wearing this." he says with a gauntleted thump to his plated chest.

"I'll see everyone here in the morning for breakfast. Good night."

Markas rises early and goes out into the yard to run through a few practice drills with his blade. He has fought orcs before and they aren't anything to take lightly, he readies himself for any fights that may lie ahead.

He comes back into the Griffion and sees he is the first to table. He breaks his fast on a few spicy sausages and a double helping of fried potatoes.

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] All sounds fine. We can walk.[/sblock]

Iago ponders the situation. It seems more plausible that the town might not know of the gate if the area is dangerous, but this does not reassure him. Still, he did not come all this way to turn back now.

"Good night, then," he tells the others. "We will find our map and compass on the morrow, then, and set out." He makes his way to his room.
____

Iago enters the inn and joins Markas for breakfast. He makes some polite conversation, but seems lost in his thoughts.

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=GM] Unless I miscounted, Iago made TBX promotion to level 5 on Oct 30th. Should I level, or would that be disruptive now that we're just getting started on the adventure proper? Either way is fine. Best, M[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Got a few minutes in hand so thought I'd drop in and let you know that near as I can tell I should be back in the DC area Friday night at some point. That means Saturday I'll be catching up on posting. Until then, please pardon my lack of posting. Work training has gone good so far. [/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Before we set out for the Stone Tooth, do you all mind if I take the time to learn and prepare a few new spells that I purchased while we were in Venza? These spells may prove incredibly useful to us in the coming battles if I am able to learn them." Fae'shiel asks the others in her group with an extremely inquisitive look on her face.

[sblock=OOC]I was hoping to learn the spells Cat's Grace & Bull's Strength, but learning these spells could take a few days real time, unless Perrin rules otherwise....[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I don't suppose some delay will hurt," observes Iago. "Markas and I can use the time to find a map and a compass."

[sblock=ooc]If Artur is not available until Saturday, I'm not sure we're going to be able to advance the scene before Monday anyway. PM, can we count that time toward the spell learning?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=GM]There was never a hurry IC to get to the the Stone Tooth. Enough time RL has gone by, that I am willing to hand wave the RL requirement as it could have been done anytime during the past week if we had not had site accessibility issues. But we might as well RP until Artur is ready regardless.

Sorry, have not gotten to Iago yet, but maybe another Judge will soon.[/sblock]

Remove ads