[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The Forge of Fury, Part 1: The Mountain Door

Medium adventure dungeon crawl, part 1 of many, as site-based adventure, describing the ruined stronghold of Khundrukar. A party of 4-5 adventurers APL4 should advance about 3 levels.

Judge: Mowgli
DM: Perrinmiller

Heroes:
Iago (mfloyd3) - Half-orc Alchemist
Marcus Cole (Artur Hawkwing) - Half-elf Ranger/Wizard
NPC: Female Aasimar 5th level Cleric, Ariel Esimae

Retired:
Anna_Belacqua_(Toasterferret) - Human Sorcerer
Markas_Shieldheart (HolyMan) - Human Fighter
Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
- Elf Magus

[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 8 Aug 2012 until 21 Apr 2013.
Iago: Started at 8181XP; 83 days TBX; 5th Level (10007XP) on 29 Oct 2012; 108days TBX 6th level (15003XP) on 6 Apr. 15days TBX Final 15663XP on 21 Apr 2013
Fae'shiel: Started at 6062XP; 148 days TBX; 5th Level (10020XP) on 2 Jan 2013; Ended 4 Apr 2013, 92 day TBX (12596XP).
Marcus: Started at 5612XP; 26 days TBX; 4th Level (6006XP) on 2 Sep 2012; 150 days TBX; 5th Level (10005XP) on 30 Jan 2013; 81days TBX Final 12192XP on 21 Apr 2013.
Markas: Started at 8473XP; 70 days TBX; 5th level (10013) on 16 Oct 2012; 65 days TBX; Ending at 12536XP on 19 Dec 2012
Anna: Started at 7346XP; 55 days TBX; Ending at 8556XP on 1 Oct 2012

Enc1: 2810XP (702.5 each) - Orc Patrol (19 Dec 2012) With Markas

[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: MWK Chainshirt (250 gp), MWK Composite Longbow (+3 Str) (700gp), 40 Arrows (2gp), MWK Greatsword (350gp), MWK Breastplate (400gp), MWK Greataxe (320gp), MWK Battleaxe (310gp), 4 Chainshirts (500 gp), 4 Greataxes (80gp), 20 Javelins (20gp), 140gp, -2gp Toll = 3070gp (767.5 each)
172 days TBG

[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards]Iago: Started at 8181XP -> 15663XP
+ 767.5 Enc + 7634 TBG = 8401.5gp on 21 Apr 2013

Fae'shiel: Started at 6062XP
* 148 days TBX; 5th Level (10020XP) on 2 Jan 2013;
+ 767.5 Enc + 4834 TBG (148x25gp + 92x31gp) = 7319.5gp on 4 Apr 2013

Marcus: Started at 5612XP -> 12192XP
+ 767.5 Enc + 6703 TBG = 7470.5gp on 21 Apr 2013

Markas: Started at 8473XP -> 12536XP on 19 Dec 2012
+767.5gp(Enc) & 3765gp(TBX) = 4532.5gp

Anna: Started at 7346XP -> 8556 on 1 Oct 2012
+1375gp

[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.[/sblock]

Important Information:
Blasingdell Area Map
Blasingdell Town Map

Marching Order:
LPFFOFEnc01Map00B.jpg

[sblock=Stone Tooth Area Map]Note: North it to the top, and you are down on the southwest corner

TheStoneToothMap_zps18b7a480.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
A few days of "shopping" and searching finally have born fruit as Markas stands outside the smithy he believes will give him a few answers.

Mostly every weaponsmith along the Row had the same answer to his questions about the mysterious rune on his light hammer, Father's Revenge. "Go ask Ironhammer."

{{ So here I am. Hopefully this dwarf has a blade made just as grand that I can use. Or will let me know where to find one to use against that demon bitc... }}
his thoughts are interrupted by a half-orc entering the shop before him.

Normally that would not be cause Markas's curiosity to flair, but the oddness in the half-orc's appearance and manner did just that.

Neither large or imposing only his features tell of his heritage. They are nothing short of bestial, with a pronounced upturned nose and large, misshapen teeth. And yet he is well groomed, and carried himself with a meticulously civilized air as he enter the weaponsmiths.

{{Why did he go in there? }}
the warrior wonders. {{ He was already armed enough to take on an ogre battalion. }}

Following the half-orc in {{ Same could be said of me, I guess. }} he chuckles to himself.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas
Initiative: +1
AC: 23 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch) Current: 22
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 (20 vs. Trips and Grappling)
Fort:
+6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2 (+5 vs. Fear)
Conditions if Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: none & shield

Consumables:
torches: 4
rations: 4
pitons: 4
brooch of shielding (101)
potion-stabilize(lvl0)
potion-cure light(lvl1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago wipes the sweat from his brow as he enters the shop. The hot, muggy afternoon has not been a pleasant one for searching for this Ironhammer, and the other proprietors he met seemed more interested in talking about their own wares than answering a simple question. In the end, it was a Dwarven assistant who had pointed him in the right direction. Or so he hopes.

The half-orc pauses and looks around the shop.

[sblock=ooc] [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION], I thought I would let you describe the shop. [/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
As Fae'shiel and Marcus arrive at the scene after asking around for this Sir Ironhammers shop, Fae'shiel is slightly apprehensive when she see's the two heavily armed and armored individuals enter the shop ahead of her and Marcus. However she says "I hope we are in the right place" as she approaches the building, letting Marcus be the gentleman and lead the way into the building.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 33 // Current: 33
BAB: +3 CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +4 Will: +4

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows
Tertiary Weapon Dagger +6 (1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range 10 feet

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
4/4 First Level Spells Remaining
2/2 Second Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14): Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Mirror Strike
Second Level Spells (DC 15): Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus is a bit apprehensive, but his sense of humor soon kicks in, as he follows Fae'shiel.

Given the amount of metal on those two, I think it bodes well we have the right place. Unless this is a gambling den in disguise. In which case, I'd better be ready.

He grins at Fae'shiel and nods at her wise choice to let him go first. He enters the room and stops a bit short so as not to leave an imprint of his face on the half-orc before him. With a sidestep he speaks in a jovial tone.

I do hope I've found the shop of Ironhammer. If not, I am going to be some kind of embarrassed.

The Half-Elf's face is nearly split by the friendly, jovial grin.

[sblock=ooc]No one has said I messed anything up yet, so i am going to assume Marcus is good with the items and move on.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Marcus Cole (Artur Hawkwing) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

Initiative: +5
AC: 17 Touch: 14 Flat Footed: 13
HP: 22 Current: 22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +4

Weapon: N/A

[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
It would appear that most of the shopkeepers that deal in weaponry have heard of the dwarven weaponsmith. He appears to have a reputation of lecherous behavior and has taken to including ornamental gems on female warrior breastplates. So you have no trouble at all finding the correct shop.

Hammering of steel on iron is ringing and reverberating among the hustle and bustle of the background noises of the this part of the professional artisans districts. The heat from the forge brings sweat to bead on your skin as you enter the noisy interior.

GorlanIronhammer.jpg

The dwarf, a mature specimen of the bread, is engrossed in his pounding out the glowing steel of a blade. You can tell he noticed your arrival, but he is not stopping or interrupting the work while the blade is still hot.

GM: I will let you notice each other and converse while you await the minute or two Gorlan needs to finish his current task

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago steps away from the door, making room for the others to enter and nodding politely in greeting. The he notices the purple-haired elven woman who has just entered.

"Your pardon, mistress," he offers. "Are you by any chance Lady Fae'shiel?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel glances at the Half-Orc wondering how it was that he knew her name, and then thinking that this individual must be the one that her servant told her about. She then chuckles to herself and says "Yes, I am she. What can I do for you?"

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I am Iago of Venza," the half-orc explains. His voice is carefully cultured, at odds with his somewhat bestial features. "I met your servant at the Dunn Wright Inn. He led me to believe you had some knowledge of Dwarven history and writing?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel frowns and then says "Did he now? I find that odd because he should know I don't know a thing about Dwarven History. Quite the contrary, I am looking for someone who might be able to tell me about the Nations of Thet and Ys, at least one of which is supposed to be Dwarven. As for Dwarven Writing, I do know how to write and read a language known as Lesser Runic, and I can on occassion translate Ancient Runic. But I am afraid I know very little about the Dwarven variations on either of those languages.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases