[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Yes, I am Lady Fae'shiel. And with regard to the sword, perhaps I will tell you about it another time." Fae'shiel says glancing at Markas and then to Iago. She then nods at Marcus' suggestion that they continue on to the Loremaster.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: I think you all are ready to move along. If not, feel free to post retroactively in the past if necessary.
Following the directions to the loremaster, finds you all standing before a small three story townhouse. The neighborhood is decent, better than average, without any slums or opulent villas.

Walking up the short flight of steps out front, you can see the painted script lettering by the door that identifies the three different tenants by name with their apartment number. Alton Gildennebbin is residing on the ground floor in Number 1. There is a rope end sticking out from the wall by each of the names, clearly some way of announcing to the occupant they have a visitor.

Pulling on the rope, produces a muffled bell chiming, heard faintly coming from inside. After a few moments you can hear an inner door opening, the some footsteps on the wood floor and then the building's front door opens.

AltonGildennebbin.jpg

A short balding dwarf, black beard and squinty eyes looks out. He is wearing a plain robe of brown, some spectacles in a breast pocket and slippers on his feet. He has a curious expression, "Yes? Can I help you?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Yes, if it isn't too much trouble, we were told you might be able to help us with some translations that we have been having a hard time deciphering." Fae'shiel says to the Dwarf, indicating the Bracelet and the papers that Iago had been carrying.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus adds to the comments from Fae'shiel.

"Master Ironhammer, the blacksmith, told us to seek out and where to find you."

[sblock=ooc]I hope I got his name right, I went back and looked it up and am still not sure.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Slight backtrack...

Anna gives a slight nod. "Anna Belacqua at your service sir. And you are?" she asks in kind.

"Markas Shieldheart," the warrior answers with a slight bow. "And it is my honored to serve you, should the need arise."

Looking at the backs of the others he adds, "Shall we be off then?"

At the loremasters villa, Markas stands back and let's those more qualified do the talking. He cringes at the abrupness of the Lady Fae'shiel statement. Thinking it would have been better to introduce herself and used as little small talk to smooth things over before jumping at the reason for the visit first thing.

{{ Now where did I learn that? }} Markas asks himself with a rueful grin. Unknown to him his long months spent traveling and dealing with strangers almost everyday has given the warrior a little more insight into how to approach others a bit better.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Chock Fae'shiel's abruptness and lack of small-talk to both her experiences with a certain Female Dwarf on her last adventure, and a general Elven Stereotype of Dwarves as being busy bodies intent on getting straight to work with little room for social niceties.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] No foul DC I was just playing up Marka's World Traveler trait. Thanks for the lead in. :D

BTW I will mostly use his Diplomacy bonus for aiding others at +7 it's good but not great.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
AltonGildennebbin.jpg

The dwarf looks at the elven woman and her half-elven companion for moment and then notices the others are much larger and imposing figures. Well, at least the human and half-orc. The red-headed woman is barely visible behind those two.

Rubbing his chin, underneath his beard, he looks up as he thinks.
"A blacksmith? Hmmm, Ironhammer you say? No, I do not know him. Though, I do not spend much time in places like that."

"I presume you are not students of academia. You could not find another dwarf to translate, eh? Well, I do speak the language..." He chuckles at his own wit.

"I am busy with my studies, so... Why bring this to me?" He is still standing in his doorstep.

GM: Denizel spent plenty of time with the scrolls and already translated the important parts.

mfloyd3

Explorer
The half-orc bridles at the insinuation he is not a scholar, but chokes it down. This is not the time.

"We have translations," Iago clarifies. "But we need to know more about the person the text speaks of. A master smith named Durgeddin."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases