[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

perrinmiller

Adventurer
AltonGildennebbin.jpg

The dwarf is heard to rummaging around in a room farther into his apartment while you discuss things in the building's entryway and hallway just inside.

From his open door, you can see a short hallway from his foyer and an opening into a room that has the look of a library.

Drifting out for you to hear,
"... Durgeddin... Durgeddin..."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago finishes depositing his weapons, though he does not leave any of the myriad vials or pouches he has tucked into his pockets. "A weapon is a tool," says Iago, as if explaining his decision. "If it does not get you what you want, do not use it."

He nods to the others and makes his way to the dwarf's library.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel glances at Iago slightly and then at her sword fearing that she knows what is coming... though the sword doesn't actually say anything verbally. However it does intone to Fae'shiel the words 'arrogant half-orc' and then urges her to move into the room. Fae'shiel who wasn't carrying any weapons save for her longsword proceeds to enter the Dwarf's adobe, fearful that the Dwarf may object to her bringing her weapon inside, but not wanting to displease her sword either. She says out to the Loremaster, "My apologies good sir, but my sword insisted that I bring it along as it wants to hear about the Master Smith who made it as much as we do."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus nods to the others, giving a quick glance to Lady Fae'shiel before assuming what might be considered a casual Guard stance near where the weapons have been deposited. He attempts to hear what is being said inside, but keeps his word to keep his eyes on everyone's gear, his own included, while the others are inside with the Loremaster.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
AltonGildennebbin.jpg

As Iago and Fae'shil enter the library, the dwarf is engrossed in pulling out books and returning them. He pulls out a roll of parchment and puts it back. It would appear that the disorganization of his reading material is making it hard to find what he is looking for.

He only glances up at the female elf's pronouncement of her sword,
"hmm, okay..."

It would appear he either misheard the comment about the sword's wishes or is too distracted by his search while the rest of you file in. He continues and within a few moments he pulls out a scroll of rolled parchment and remarks, "Ahh, here we are."

"Dergeddin's last known forge was in the Glitterhame. The stronghold was lost many years ago, and its location was not well known. When the weapon smith settled there, he was not keen on having visitors outside of the clans."

"But, it was underneath the Stone Tooth as the legends have been told."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Where is the Stone Tooth?" asks Iago. "And can you tell us anything about the entrance? How it might have been guarded, or concealed?"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=To Perrinmiller]By my calculations, assuming 15 xp per day @ level 3, Marcus should have sufficient by day XP to make level 4, which would be nice before leaving town. Not sure if a) you have the same figures and b) if you are wanting to deal with that (though it'd be fairly quick) before we head out onto the adventure. Also, would you like me to make a perception check for him trying to listen to the conversation inside?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
AltonGildennebbin.jpg

The loremaster keeps looking through his manuscripts for the answer to Iago's question. After a few moments he says, "Hmm, it says here that the Mountain Door was a great set of stone doors with marble stairs leading up to them, carved out of the rock... Don't sound concealed at all..."

"There were defenses mentioned, but it doesn't say what they were..."

"Now, where is the Stone Tooth?" He asks himself and looks over at his bookshelves.

GM: Marcus can overhear, no one is talking softly and the doors are open.
Since Marcus is the only one with trained Know: Geography, he can roll that.

On 2 Sep Marcus reached 4th level, good catch. Go ahead and level up. :) 1st post is updated.

For everyone, you will get one more chance to shop before heading to the Stone Tooth. I will let everyone have accumulated TGP up to that date available to spend. I anticipate it will be about 45-55 days worth.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas clears his throat before asking the lore master another question.

"You said the stronghold was lost. Lost to what exactly?" he asks wondering if the demoness and her minions might be part of the cause.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases