[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas takes on a worried look. "I don't like being anyone's pawn more than you."

He looks over at the half-orc and suddenly can't contain his grin, "I'd rather be a knight."

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna smiles over at Markas

"Now Markas, don't be so quick to dismiss the pawn. It can quite often become a very key piece in the game... and oft overlooked"

Her smile comes off as just a bit unsettling, almost giving the impression she is not just making a joke about game pieces.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"What are these Pawns you speak of?" Fae'shiel asks, having never played the game of chess in her life, or seen a chess game being played, or for that matter heard of the game of chess before, she has no idea what a pawn happens to be. The only reason she knows what a Knight is, is because even the Elves have Orders of Knighthoods.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"A pawn is a...piece in a game," explains Iago. A thought seems to strike him funny, though something stirs behind his eyes that is not entirely humor. "But if it is aggressive enough, it can become royalty."

"Loremaster, thank you for your help," Iago tells him. He pulls out his money pouch, clearly intending payment. "Is there anything else you can tell us of the legend?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Oh so a pawn is like a oeecelair ceananca sill then?" Fae'shiel asks Iago, clearly assuming that her question would have some meaning to the Half-Orc. Her questioning of the Loremaster done Fae'shiel returns to the hallway. Where she waits for the others to finish.

[sblock=Elven]What Fae'shiel said in Elven was "Foolish Little Man" which is the name of a piece in the Elven equivalent to chess ;)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
AltonGildennebbin.jpg

Loremaster Gildennebbin shakes his head and removes his spectacles and smiles at the half-orc, "No payment necessary, my boy. If you have given me correct information, that is all I need. If you intend to search out the vaults of the legendary weaponsmith, please come back and tell me your tales. That would a fair trade."

He follows you out of his apartment and waves farewell from the building's open doorway after you collect your belongings.

You are standing in the street once more.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"If you could, please pick a location where we can all meet before leaving the city? I have to go make some last minute purchases and collect my adventuring gear. I only brought the sword with me because of rumors I had heard about certain dangers in the city as of late." Fae'shiel says to Iago, Markas, and Anna, while looking askance of Marcus as to whether he would be staying with them or coming along with her.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago is a bit taken aback by the elf's casual statement as to where they would "all" meet, but the others seem committed. He looks to Marcus. "What is the best way to get to Blasingdell?" he asks.

Remove ads