[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus retrieves his quiver and shrugs it back to his back with a soft grunt.

"If I'd remembered that earlier...but the fellow telling the tales of the place was such a drunken lush."

He follows the others clear of the Loremaster's apartment after bowing politely and thanking him for his help. As the group stops and Lady Fae'shiel and the Half-Orc speak...

"Blasingdell is maybe four days from there, from the closest spot we could reach from the city proper, if I remember right."

Having answered Iago's query the Ranger shrugs his quiver again.

"Lady Fae'shiel might have a point. If we're going to have to travel several days just to reach Blassingdell, we might want to make sure we're all prepared for such a trip. That is for all who will go. I will follow Lady Fae'shiel, and she seems committed. What of the rest of you?"

Marcus will consider the question of where to meet, after considering the current time of day, unless someone else has a good suggestion.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas joins the others outside quietly brooding to himself. He wondered how far he was willing to go to find a weapon capable of defeating the evil demoness and her minions.

As he adjust the straps of his sword belt his mind is made up for him. "If your all going I would like to accompany you," he says looking at Iago and Fae'shiel. "I swear to protect all of you with my very life."

{{ Now where did that come from? }}
he asks himself and tries to hide the shock on his face. {{ Probably all that dumb talk of wanting to be a knight. }}

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Um...I would be honored to have you along." Answers Iago, taken aback by Markas' commitment, but trying to be gracious. "Let us make our preparations, and meet at Benedetto tomorrow at dawn, ready to depart."

toasterferret

Explorer
Walking up to Fae'Shiel Anna remarks:

"If this really is a piece to the puzzle that is your magnificent sword, I would be honored to tag along and learn what I could."

She pauses for a moment before continuing, "I do think I need to pick up some supplies before we leave however...."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'll be there," Markas says holding out his hand to Iago. "To a prosperous venture."

[sblock=OOC] Working on Stat block and buying a few things - might go to the Mystic Peral and pick up one of their cure lights not sure yet.

ready to advance when all of you are.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Markas Wiki page
Initiative: +1 Perception: +8
AC: 23 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 18(20 vs. trips and grapples)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +2 Will: +2
Special: +3 to save vs fear
Speed: 20'

Current Conditions in Effect: none

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Consumables:
brooch(101)
torches(4)
rations(4)
pitons(4)
potion:stabilize
potion:cure light(2)

XP Tracker:
Starting XP: 8,473
Days needed to level up: 70 (Oct 16th)
Days played: 51
Encounter XP gained (off-set): 0 [/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: Perrin do you want us to role play our purchases, picking up of gear, and other things, here or in the threads that they would normally occur in?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: You can make your purchases in Mystic Pearl as normal, role-playing here if you wish to have an audience. ;) If you want to commission something, you can pick it up in the Mystic Pearl in Blasingdell. You can shop again there as well, but it is not a city.

I think were are ready to move along. Everyone should summarize their time in between the current scene and the meeting time. Listing preparations? Once everyone has rendezvoused, I can post your departure from Venza.

As always, feel free to interact as much as you wish. I will wait for you to finish if necessary. :)

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago takes Markas' hand. "Indeed," he affirms. "Let us find what fate has in store for us. I hope to see all of you at the Plaza tomorrow," he adds, and makes similar farewells to his other new comrades.

[sblock=ooc]
Iago is going to swing by the Mystic Pearl and pick up a Cure Light Wounds wand, and possibly an Identify wand.

It might be a good idea to have a meta conversation about combat roles and tactics for our characters. It seems to me that Markas and Fae'Shiel are our front-line fighters, Marcus is ranged, Anna seems to me like she would use single-target spells (but maybe I've misread things). Iago is kind of a switch-hitter moving between ranged and melee damage. He seems like a natural choice for rear-guard. Does this seem reasonable?

I'll get Iago a CLW wand for healing (that will probably be a bit light for the amount of damage we are taking, but we can see). Also, Iago can play traps person, though this is not a real strength of his.

We seem to have a gap in terms of good buffs for the party, and handling traps, secret doors, etc. Anyone got any creative ideas?
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel nods curtly agreeing to the meeting place that Iago and Marcus had set up for the group. Once that is settled, she and the sword lead Marcus away from the others and head back to her estate. After several minutes of walking, the three of them have safely arrived, and Fae'shiel asks the doorman to see them in.

Once inside a younger servant brings Fae'shiel and Marcus some refreshments, though Fae'shiel herself does not seem all that interested in the refreshments. She instead says "Please, entertain yourself here for a few minutes while I go make preparations for our journey." With that said, and taking the sword in tow, Fae'shiel climbs the stairs to her personal rooms, and begins collecting her possessions that she would be bringing with her on this journey.

Among these possessions she packs her newly acquired armor, her finely crafted longbow, her spell component pouch, and several other items that should prove relatively useful. She does make one stop after collecting these items in her arcane laboratory, she is determined to bring along her families arcane workbook, so that both she and Marcus can continue working on his spellcasting skills, and so that she can manage to continue gaining some benefit from it when learning any new spells while on the road.

With all that done and said she returns to Marcus and says "If you are ready, we can make a quick pit stop at the Mystic Pearl. I have some idea's for some goods that will really benefit us during this journey."

[sblock=OOC]want to go to the Mystic Pearl to pick up the items I already set aside for purchase for Fae'shiel. These items include a Scroll of Cat's Grace, a Scroll of Bull's Strength, a Brooch of Shielding, and Materials to scribe the two scrolls into Fae'shiel's spellbook.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 33 // Current: 33
BAB: +3 CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +4 Will: +4

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows
Tertiary Weapon Dagger +6 (1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range 10 feet

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
4/4 First Level Spells Remaining
2/2 Second Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14): Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Mirror Strike
Second Level Spells (DC 15): Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus does his part of sitting and waiting. He busies himself by taking in some of the titles of books that Fae'shiel has collected in the study and sipping on whatever refreshment was given. He settles down and leans back, resting his eyes, though he opens them and stands as he hears the light footsteps of the Magus ascending. He nods to her suggestion.

"A good idea. I might find something of interest there as well. From there I will take my leave for the evening. Should I return here in the morning to meet with you or meet you at the meeting place with the others?"

Remove ads