[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Markas waits he strokes Scabbards neck to calm the horse. "Easy boy," he says soothingly. "I know you've been cooped up for a while. And soon we'll both get a change of scenery."

[sblock=Meta gaming away]
First off Anna is sitting on 6,000+ gp ??? What are you saving for? :p So she should be shopping.

She is defiantly the face I hope she can talk us out of a few scrapes.

I'm thinking everyone but Markas should have a bow in hand as we move - outdoors/open areas. Markas can take point and moving slowly (20' a round) and using total defense (A:27 - 28 in 15 days :lol: ) he would make a pretty good shield wall in 10' wide tunnels. And I was wondering if during ranged combat, say outdoors mostly, if he were to kneel in front of the archers would he provide them with Partial Cover? Thinking that he would be like a low obstacle and thus give the bowmen (and Fae'shiel) behind him +2 AC while he hides behind his shield.

When in tight areas and hallways maybe Marcus should switch to his longspear and be behind Markas, since without Precise Shot a -4 to fire into melee is a major penalty. This is probably when everyone else will be casting the most.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Don't be silly. I had a room prepared for you in the Manner. You are more than welcome to stay here for the night. I wouldn't dream of forcing you to stay in that horrible Inn unless you really wanted too." Fae'shiel says while she is blushing madly at the thought of having Marcus stay under the same roof as herself. Though the thought of traveling with him again is doing even worse things to her at the moment. Her heartbeat is far heavier than it should be in a calm situation such as this, and her body temperature has seemingly sky rocketed. It is easy to tell what her emotions are screaming to all but the most oblivious.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 33 // Current: 33
BAB: +3 CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +4 Will: +4

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows
Tertiary Weapon Dagger +6 (1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range 10 feet

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
4/4 First Level Spells Remaining
2/2 Second Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14): Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Mirror Strike
Second Level Spells (DC 15): Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna quietly sets out to the Mystic Pearl, intent on purchasing some supplies.

"See you tomorrow!" she calls back over her shoulder, before disappearing around a corner.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus does his best to not notice the signs in the Elf before him, keenly aware of his own half-breed status. Instead he focuses on the shopping trip.

"Well, there might be something good at the Mystic Pearl. I feel a bit under prepared for if we get caught in tight quarters. With only my cestus, I won't be much help. Perhaps I can find a short blade of some kind, a short sword perhaps. Something that will not get so much in my way, but will be there and handy in a pinch. Let me know when you are ready to head to the Mystic Pearl."

[sblock=ooc]Going to make pre-emptive roll in MP for him. Failed to get him the cold iron tipped longspear, but maybe I can get him a cold iron sword.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I have gathered my supplies, and I am ready to head out whenever you are. Though the items I want to obtain from the Mystic Pearl may require some time to study so as to add them to my spellbook. Hopefully there will be enough time on the trip." Fae'shiel says indicating for Marcus to lead the way to the Pearl. She attempts to hide a slight chuckle at one of the sentences that Marcus had uttered, figuring that he probably hadn't intended for it to have the meaning that she wants it to have.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago rises early and methodically packs his gear. He says good-bye to his housekeeper, paying two months' rent ahead of time and confirming their arrangements. Then he makes his way to the plaza.

The heavily armed half-orc draws a few glances in the plaza, but it is Venza and neither the populace nor the Whitecloaks see cause to respond.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus accompanies Fae'shiel to the Mystic Pearl. As she busies herself with her affairs, the ranger wanders through looking at this and that item, while keeping an ear and eye on the Elf in case he is required. As he considers the odd turn his lot in life has taken over the last months, he stops up short before an open display of short swords. A variety of colors, shapes, sizes and from what he can tell, craftsmanship. Two in particular catch his eye, drawing him to gaze closer. He is eyeing one closely enough that he doesn't hear, or see, the halfling female pad up behind him. It isn't until she speaks he is aware, and it is all he can do not to jump out of his boots.

"Our most popular selection. You have excellent taste in what you over tall folk like to call Short Swords. My personal favorite is the blue hilted number on the left there. Then again, I might be a little bias, since a friend of a friend actually made that. So what are you looking for?"

Marcus gathers himself.

"Something light, short, yet sturdy and well made. I am not really used to using a blade, I'm used to using a hammer, but it seems we are going cave diving and having a 10 foot hammer just isn't good. Something I can minimize the threat to my companions would be nice."

The halfling nods, her eyes alight with that glimmer of mischief, but she turns and calls out an odd sounding name, which brings over a rather gruff looking blond humanoid. She has a bucket strapped to her back. She arrives and stops, eyes on the halfling.

"The gentleman would like a look at one of these swords, could you please?"

The woman nods and turns to face the case. She just...stands there. Something gooey, like a slime or something of the like, oozes out of the barrel on her back and stops on her shoulder. A decent mound of it forms on her shoulder. Marcus finds himself having a defensive reaction, although neither of the women seem concerned. The mass of goo forms itself into the shape of a small anvil, then that of a hammer. Then lastly a sword like shape. To his surprise the halfling nods, now talking to the goo.

"I would suggest he check with a smith for a custom one Zef, but he has said that they are heading onto caves, so likely the poor bean pole hasn't the time to wait for one properly forged."

The goo forms into a hand and turns palm up in a gesture of surrender. It turns into a vaguely birdlike shape, which slowly bubbles down to the goo again. It oozes back down her shoulder, leaving no trail or sign of harm. The woman turns and looks to the halfling, who nods.

"Thank you. That will be all."

The humanoid grunts, nods an ascent and shuffles off into the crowd. Marcus turns and opens his mouth, only to be giggled at by the halfling woman.

"This world is a wonder filled place. You will see far more bizarre things than Zef outside of Venza. Then again, on certain days, you might see such right here! Now, let me see your palm."

She takes Marcus' palm in her hands and eyes it carefully. She turns her gaze to the sword display. She nods and reaches in, grabbing a rather plan looking sword with a forest green handle to it.

"Aneegus made this one, or so I've been told. Then again, I've no idea who that is."

She pauses again to giggle.

"Anyway, it is actually forged with cold iron. Tough, rugged blade. Here try it."

The sword is set, pummel first, into Marcus' hand and he experiments around with it. Finally, after a few moments of tinkering he nods.

'I don't feel like I'm accidentally going to slice someone's arm off or something. It feels almost exactly balanced."

The halfling nods.

"Short swords in the right hands can be a nasty weapon, or a life saving tool. You will have to come back and tell me how this goes. My name is Breinna. I don't usually work with you tall folk on your gear, but we're a bit short handed today. Here, let e get it's sheath for you and we'll get it into your belt right. That'll be..."

As she talks about the pricing and care for the blade, she leads Marcus to a counter where a half-orc sits on a stool behind it, a rather nasty looking club in his hand, watching the hub-bub in the store.

A fair price for a nice blade. Especially for someone as sword novice as I."

The halfling laughs at him and hands him a small card.

This has the proper care instructions on it for your sword. Just in case you need to refer to it sometime. It looks as if your lady friend is about done with her shopping. If you find any really unique trinkets out there, don't forget to run them by here. It is, after all, our business."

Marcus nods and heads over to where Lady Fae'shiel is wrapping up her purchase of materials and scrolls. Once she is done, he follows her out again into the streets of Venza.

"It would be rather rude of me not to make sure you got home safely, would it not? And if I am not mistaken, the meeting place is actually easier to reach from your part of town than from the docks. I'll try not to snore, if that offer of a room is still open?"

=====================

The following morning, Marcus again is following Fae'shiel, though perhaps half a step closer than he has in the past. When the pair arrive he smiles and greets those already present.

"I almost feel an air of anticipation. I also hope I can remember the road we're looking for."

He chuckles softly

[sblock=ooc]Heading out to man a yardsale. Should get to post tonight or tomorrow. Loves me a three day weekend. :D I will add Marcus' sword to his char sheet and deduct the $ before my next post here.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel demurely follows Marcus to the Mystic Pearl, once there he parts company with her, though she does notice him keeping an eye on her from a distance, each time she notices this she blushes intensely, as she can't help herself around him at the moment. She knows he is not comfortable with her attentions, but she has been a bit smitten by him. The only problem with pursuing a relationship with Marcus that she has to contend with is the fact that he will age and grow old while she will remain young and vital. It is a problem that many young Elves have to contend with, to pursue love for love's sake, or to accept the cruel fate, and marry someone you may not love.

Meanwhile, a clerk has come up to Fae'shiel and promptly asks "Is there anything I can assist you with this fine evening?" this leaves Fae'shiel slightly taken aback, but she quickly recovers and says "Yes, I was wondering if you could help me find a few Scrolls. Also I am looking for a particular type of enchanted jewelry, one that could shield me against certain offensive spells."

The clerk smiles and says "Right this way, right this way. Over here is our collection of Scrolls. I am sure you can find everything you are looking for. Right next to it is our selection of Arcane writing supplies should you wish to transcribe your spells into your spell book. Now all the on the other side of the store we have a beautiful pearl brooch that can serve the purpose I think you are asking about. It only protects against a minor spell, and it is slightly used. But it is a lovely piece don't you agree?" as she leads Fae'shiel to various different booths within the store.

Fae'shiel nods and says "Yes, I think this brooch should do nicely. And I shall look through the scrolls and see which I want. I could also use some of the transcribing materials, thank you for suggesting that." after which she spends a bit of time browsing the scrolls looking for just the right ones for what she intends to do with them. Once selected she gathers the writing materials, and the scrolls and returns to the counter where the clerk had been waiting with the brooch.

Once at the Counter, Fae'shiel makes her purchases, after which she waits patiently for Marcus to finish what he is doing, and when he returns to her side and mentions snoring she says "Oh, well the house's walls are sturdy enough that it shouldn't be all that much of a problem. And if it is, I can always have the servants move your room to the other side of the house..."

With that said, Fae'shiel and Marcus make their way back to her place, where they spend the night in the comfort of a private home as opposed to in the boistrous din of the Dunn Wright Inn.

-------------------------------------------

In the morning Fae'shiel accompanies Marcus to the meeting place. When he mentions that he may not remember the road they are looking for, Fae'shiel says "I trust your memory to be sound."

Remove ads