[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=Off-topic]It might interest you to know, that the obviously good aligned main characters of that comic, justified the actions of slamming the head of the innocent bystander into the wall simply by saying that it was the lesser of two evils. Either they knock him unconscious and thus remove him from the combat. Or the enemy will target the innocent bystander instead of the player characters whom they should be targeting.[/sblock]

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus is paying attention to the conversation, so catches the look from Fae'shiel. He speaks up following her comment.

"Indeed. If we are going to have to have a guide, it would be best it were a professional soldier. But the more we can limit the better. Each of us has a reason to be looking for this place. If I can get a good enough idea of where the mountain in question is located, I can get us there. It will just take a little time."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks at the others at the table, a little surprised. "I was not suggesting we drag some hapless local into the bowels of the mountain," he clarifies. "Just that we find someone who knows the area well to help us find the door. Anyone who knows the land could judge for themselves if they were willing to risk the trip -- And we could pay them a fair price for it. Besides, for all we know, the whole place is collapsed and the village children play in the ruins. We should at least put our questions to a possible guide."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I differ to all of you. I am by no means a good tracker or guide. I have traveled the wilds before so can help a little." Markas offers as he watches the quiet tap room.

OOC: It's good to be the brawn sometimes. No decision making. Also LvL 5 Woo hoooooo

perrinmiller

Adventurer
As you all are talking, there is nothing noteworthy going on around you. Even if someone is overhearing or eavesdropping on your conversation, it would appear to be drawing little interest. People are content to mind their own business around you.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas wonders at the amount of time the group may be in the woods and voices a concern. "When we find this mountain we will most certainly be doing a lot of exploring underground. I almost want to leave Scabbard (that's his horse) behind and pick him up on the way back to Venza. But the big horse could come in handy if we find any major treasure or if bad luck strikes and we need him to carry one of us back here for healing."

He frowns at that line of thinking then asks, "What do the rest of you think?"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus considers the thought of the horse.

"That would be handy, but underground there is no guarantee for his safety. We might find a spot too narrow for him to pass through. I think we could probably leave him here, though I can't say where. I never asked where our horses were stabled after our deliveries and before we headed home."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel considers the opinions of both Marcus and Markas, and responds to the two of them saying... "We could of course bring the horse to the entrance of the Cavern, and assuming there are tree's nearby, tie the horse to one of the Tree's. Though there is no way to guarantee the safety of the Horse while we are not around. Unless of course we were to get that guide, and we paid him enough to stand watch over the horse?" As she finishes saying this, she takes a gentle sip of the honey mead that was provided for her. Once that is complete she samples the bread and stew, though such rough food is not entirely to her tastes.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Let's make some inquiries, then," Offers Iago. "We can probably learn a bit about the lay of the land for the price of a couple of ales, and then decide how to proceed."

He looks around, deciding to wait for the innkeeper to return and ask her advice in finding a guide.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sarel Bankdown eventually makes her rounds back in your direction. She is a friendly woman and is quite chatty with several of the patrons, so it takes awhile.

Katrina.jpg

"How do you all fare this evening?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases