[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
hearing the question the woman asks, Fae'shiel simply points at the Half-Orc with a smile on her face saying "Perhaps she will be more capable of interpreting what is written on these scrolls than I am."

mfloyd3

Explorer
The half-orc looks at the newcomer, seeming surprised that someone is looking for him. Perhaps doubly so that the individual is a strikingly beautiful human. He does not respond to the elf's suggestion regarding the scrolls, and simply replies to the human.

"I am Iago," he says evenly. "Who might you be?"

toasterferret

Explorer
"My name is Anna Belacqua." the woman says, performing a slight curtsy.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation at the Inn. I asked the bartender where you had gotten off to, and he directed me here." she continues "I would like to offer my services in delving to the bottom of this mystery of yours..."

Over Iago's shoulder she glances at the scroll, before bringing her gaze back to him.

toasterferret

Explorer
With a slightly disheartened yet determined look Anna responds,

"I must say I'm not particularly well versed in either of those areas. I am however a skilled diplomat and arcanist with a rather keen interest in making myself scarce around these parts, at least for the time being."

Glancing over Iago's shoulder at the scroll again.

"Perhaps I can still be of use to you? As a diplomat I am really quite skilled at gathering information, and as an arcanist I can tell you that that a "comprehend language" spell could be very useful in translating that scroll..."

Looking back to Iago she asks "Might you be able to use someone of my particular skills?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
The half-orc is neither a diplomat nor a card player, and his frustration and uncertainty are easy to read in his face. He looks over at the dwarf, hammering away at the forge.

"At the moment, I am not certain what I need," he says. "Let us hear what the master smith has to say."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus continues his small talk banter with the Human, who seems a nice enough sort of fellow. He shares a story or two about guards back at the estate, whose shields were to them the most useful tool they had, using them to dig holes for any number of uses, some not so clean, as well as one who used his as a pillow. Marcus laughs at this last one.

"But I will tell you this, if you ever hadda go on patrol overnight, you wanted him about. Even when he was asleep, he would wake at the slightest hint of trouble. Which lead to all sorts of pranks, or so I was told. Never got the chance to patrol with him myself. Not that I can gripe about household guard duty."

The half-elf gives the Human a good natured pat on the shoulder.

"So what brings you here if you already have a nice shield?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: I think site issues have made it difficult for some to post this week. I will give another day or so for HolyMan to participate and for the current conversation to keep going before interrupting with the NPC.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas looks away from the other three's conversation over the scroll, since he can't make out what they are saying over the hammering.

Smiling he reaches over to draw his silvered light hammer. The superb craftsmanship and scroll work make the little weapon a thing of beauty. He starts to turn it over to show Marcus the glyph... "I came because of this. It is..." he starts to say before a gruff voice breaks in.

OOC: Enter NPC. I did have trouble TUE and WED, glad things are better. Updating everything today.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The hammering stops and then there is a hiss of hot metal being thrust into water. The dwarven blacksmith sort of wobbles from side to side as he walks, not really bending his knees. You can tell he is feeling his age, but his arms are still very strong looking and were bulging like a younger man's when he was working.

Looking up at you taller folk, he says,
"Hoy, der! Ya come to see ol' Ironhammer's weapons, have ya? I make some fine blades and axes. How many do ya need?"

Remove ads