[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks at the armored customer who came in after him. Seeing no objection, he steps forward. "My name is Iago," he offers. "I did not come here to purchase blades. I came here to...consult with you, about a legend. Of Durgeddin of Khundrukar."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I do not need a new blade, as I have a perfectly good one right here." Fae'shiel says patting the hilt of her new scimitar. She then says "We did come to find out if you could translate the writing on this bracelet for us." Indicating herself and Marcus as well as displaying the bracelet that she was wearing.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 33 // Current: 33
BAB: +3 CMB: +5 CMD: 18
Fort: +5 Ref: +4 Will: +4

Current Weapon: Scimitar, Blackblade +6 (1d6 +3, Crit: 18-20/x2) // Special Qualities: INT 11 / CHA & WIS 7, Arcane Pool 1 / 1, Alertness, Blackblade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Ego (5)
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +6 (1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows
Tertiary Weapon Dagger +6 (1d4+2, Crit: 19-20/x2) // Range 10 feet

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
4/4 First Level Spells Remaining
2/2 Second Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14): Color Spray, Grease, Shocking Grasp, Mirror Strike
Second Level Spells (DC 15): Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Arcane Pool: 4/4[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GorlanIronhammerSmall.jpg

The dwarf frowns slightly as neither the half-orc nor the elf are interested in his blades. However, with the mention of the legendary weaponsmith, he cocks an eye up at the half-orc.

"Iago, huh? I have heard o' dat famous name an' I even saw what was rumored to be one o' da legendary axes he forged. Turned out to be fake, though. Da weapons be purty rare, ya ken. Durgeddin died o'er a hunderd yars ago."

"Even if he dun survived da fall of Glitterhame, he was not immortal to be yet alive."

Giving a glance at the elf, he replies,
"Fine blade, huh? Ya wanna show it to me, lass?" The blacksmith appears to me more interested in weapons that being a scholar and translator.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel shrugs and withdraws the sword from it's scabbard. In doing so she says to the dwarf "I advise not touching it. I can't be certain, but I don't think this Scimitar would appreciate it." having said this she fully extends the blade from it's sheath, the blade is a finely crafted scimitar made of a strange black polished metal. It is not ornately decorated the way one would expect from such a finely crafted weapon, but it still has a sense of elegance and beauty to it that defies what would be assumed to be natural for a weapon of it's type.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago seems about to speak, but holds his tongue. The dwarf seems disinclined to conversation, but the allure of the elven woman's blade seems to have piqued his interest. The half-orc waits, scrolls in hand, while the weaponsmith examines the blade.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
With the Human now otherwise occupied, Marcus' meanderings brings him to a display of as yet undecorated but finely made daggers. He kneels down to eye a pair next to one another on the bottom row, and is near enough to hear when the Blacksmith speaks. He looks around and stands and nods politely in greeting when Fae'shiel indicates him. He remains quiet, letting Fae'shiel perform in her element.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GorlanIronhammerSmall.jpg

The dwarf looks up at the elf with a raised eyebrow of bushy gray hair. "It'd not like it?"

Not really understanding, he nonetheless follows the advice and looks at the scimitar's blade without touching it. He gives the elven lass instructions to draw it fully out and turn it over, this way and that as he inspects weapon.

He harrumphs satisfactorily,
"It appears to bare da mark of Dergeddin. Tho, der be some other marks I not be seein' before. I'd not thought, da legendary smith made many scimitars. It be excellent work."

He gestures appreciatively to Fae'shiel that he is finished looking at the blade and he looks to Iago.

GM: I am still expecting the others to role-play, btw. No lurking in your own game, please.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Sorry not lurking just posting anything significant THU-SUN is getting to be harder and harder.[/sblock]

Hoping the dwarf is not the typical merchant that would throw everyone out for not wanting to buy something, Markas takes another good look at the shields hanging along the wall.

They all looked to be of a higher quality than his own, but even so the familiar weight and design of his old shield would be hard for the warrior to part with, unless he needed to purchase one to stay and ask about the hammer. One of the shields held a reinforced outer edge that had nicks from blocking weapons and four metal studs used to hold on the shield's strap upon it's bluish-grey face. Each stud had carved a dwarven face upon it, grim and determined.

"I'm sorry to disturb Master Ironhammer, but may I try this shield on for a moment?"
Markas asks before he realizes what he dwarf had just said to the elven woman.

"Mark of Dergedinn?" he says in surprised awe. "Wait! Does it look like this?" he asks drawing forth the light hammer once more and turning it over to show the rune under the head.

NOTE: Thinking of buying a masterwork shield think it possible?

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago seems intrigued that the elf's blade might be that of the smith he sought. Were the gods playing games with his fate? It seemed uncharacteristic of them to take an interest in a half-orc.

He was about to address his question to the smith when the stranger interjected, asking about a shield. The half-orc paused again, knowing the smith would likely resent someone standing between him and his livelihood. Iago waits again, poker-faced, even as the warrior raises a question about his own weapon.

toasterferret

Explorer
Remembering how badly she wished she had a weapon when she was kidnapped, Anna begins to inspect some of the small blades in the shop.

Running the tip of her finger over the points of several blades, she eventually stops, her hand hovering over an ornate dagger with a slender blade.

Waiting for the smith to finish his inspection of Fae'shiel's scimitar, she calls out:

"How much is this blade? I am in need of something discrete.."

OOC: I'm also looking to buy a masterwork dagger if I'm able

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases