[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel contemplates what the meaning of her sword having been forged by the smith that Iago was looking for may be, and then she says "What do you mean, 'other marks' exactly?" wondering what the Smith had meant and why her blade was being so silent this entire time.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus, though a little weary of the blade in Fae'shiel's possession, moves up closer as the Blacksmith reveals the origin of one of the runs, and notes other marks. He keeps a respectful distance between himself and Fae'shiel, but the curiosity on his face is obvious. It expands as the connections of the others are revealed. He quirks an eyebrow.

"Mother Cole used to always say that the Gods worked in strange, mysterious and even sometimes down right unpredictable ways. I wonder if some of that is at work here."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Guessing that was out loud.

"I hope the Gods are on my side," Markas says as his hand tightens around the weapon. "I may need them to deal with the demon-witch, should she show up again."

Looking back to the dwarf he holds the light hammer up with the rune facing the blacksmith. "Once you are done with these fine people I wish to know more about the smith that forged this. And if I might find something like it to kill a murderous demon."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: When Artur's character's text is blue, yes you can typically assume he is speaking in an acoustic manner. At least that has been my observation. I would wait for him to confirm it though.

"The problem with the Human Gods, is that there are a plethora of them, some who yes would be on your side, others who just as soon murder you in your sleep. If it were the Elven Gods, then the majority are of a benevolent type. The exception being those that we don't talk about, or too." Fae'shiel says with regard to the off-handed comment about the Gods. Her latter comment being a reference to those Gods who protect the Dark Elves or Drow as their more commonly known.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GorlanIronhammerSmall.jpg

The dwarf takes a look at the large man's hammer as he replies about his shields and other blades. "I be happy to sell ya my wares. Fine craftsmanship, but not enchanted. Reasonable goin' prices ya ken."

Looking at the runes and markings, he says after a few moments, "I see da mark of Dergeddin on it, an' the minor enchantments appear to be close. Hafta ask a scholar to be sure."

"But, the pointy-eared lass's blade has enchanted marking not from Dergeddin's forge, methinks. Dey look different, not sure what dey are..."

Gorlan doesn't bother getting into a discussion about theology, knowing better to insult any god be speaking ill of them. Better to just say nothing..

GM: You can continue to shop in Venza up until you leave the city. Artur, quotations, please.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
The talk of gods reminds Iago of the origin of the parchment in his hands. Just what fate is at work here?

"Master Ironhammer," he says carefully. "I wonder if you would have a look at these scrolls. They make reference to Durgeddin. I would like to know more about him, if you are willing. Fate," he adds, looking first at the scimitar and then at the hammer, "Fate...May be at work here."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry. Went back and put the quotes in. This is the first game that it has been an issue with the quotes. Sorry for being distracted with real life, work, depression and a few other things that I am dealing with right now. I'm trying to keep up with the posting schedules of everyone else, which requires me to keep an eye on things from work (as I usually do) but Audit time is difficult to focus on anything else. I will restrain myself from posting aloud comments from Marcus unless I actually am going to have time to make sure I use "s[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GorlanIronhammerSmall.jpg

The dwarf looks up at the half-orc and grumbles, "Ya ken, I be no scholar, right? Dat's what ya need. I be recognizing Dergeddin's work an' mark, but beyond dat..."

Looking quickly at the scrolls, particularly the section that Denizel translated, he frowns, "Not much der. Dergeddin was a legendary weaponsmith. Ya be holding proof o' dat already in yar hands."

"Two centuries ago, da great dwarven smith Durgeddin da Black be forced to find a new home. He settled in a cavern system beneath da Stone Tooth."

"It be der Durgeddin an' his followers founded da secret stronghold of Khundrukar, also called da Glitterhame."

"Hmm, dat's 'bout all it says. Nuthin' about what happened. I once heard dat orcs maybe destroyed his forge. Not sure if dat before or after he set up in Glitterhame."

Gorlan shrugs and gestures for Iago to roll up the scrolls.

"Like I be sayin', I be no loremaster. What be yar quest?" he asks Iago as he glances to the human warrior.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago sighs inwardly. He had come to this place believing he was considering a simple exploration. Now? The hands of the gods seemed to be at work. He did not like it.

"I was hoping to find his forge," answers the half-orc. "I want to recover whatever of his secrets I can."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases