[LPF] The Forge of Fury, Pt1

toasterferret

Explorer
Anna Belacqua (Sorceress 4)

Anna puts the blade down, walking over toward the others.

Leaning in she says, "If one were to go looking for this forge under the Stone Tooth, It might behoove them to have a means of translating anything else they may come across..."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus quirks an eyebrow at the seemingly rude little blacksmith. He keeps his tongue in check, not letting his own opinion on things slip past his lips again. Instead of speaking he shares his opinion of things by stepping closer to Fae'shiel than he has been standing. He speaks to her in a low voice.

"Interesting about the sword. Although I wonder if perhaps if you inquired of the Blacksmith if he knows of another who can translate the writing on the bracelet, perhaps, as much knowledge of the legends of his people as he possesses, he could offer something."

He turns his attention to the Dwarf again as he finishes with Iago's scrolls. As another soft aside to Lady fae'shiel...

"It seems I'm the only one here who hasn't some connection on their person to this blacksmith. Still, should we decide to try to locate his forge for answers, it would certainly be worth the adventure."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Speaking quietly to Marcus she says "You were the one who received the bracelet originally. If it turns out the Bracelet is of the same origin as the sword, then you are connected by proxy."

Then as Iago pats the wand at his side, Fae'shiel attempts to decipher what type of wand it happens to be. While commenting to the Dwarven Weaponsmith: "Would you by chance know of someone who might be able to translate the documents, or who might be able to translate my bracelet?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas looks to Iago after he answers the dwarf. "These secrets," he says trying to think through what the dwarf said. "They may lead to this Stony Tooth place, or to a weaponsmith around the corner," he sighs a little exasperated.

"I don't want to be the downer here. I just don't wish to go on a wild goblin chase either. The quartermaster at the armory where I got the hammer didn't have any idea where it came from. And I spent the better part of today asking around to find someone to talk to and now it looks like a dead end. Please Master Ironhammer, do you know more of what happened to this blacksmith or if he had an apprentices that may have come to Venza?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GorlanIronhammerSmall.jpg

The dwarf nods his head, "Ya all need a loremaster, as I be sayin'. Der is one in Venza. Scrawny dwarf by da name of Alton Gildenebbin. Ya all shud go see him."

After providing directions on where to find the scholar, an apartment near the university of arcane studies, he finishes any transactions those of you were interested in.

Before you depart, he says,
"Good luck to ya. If ya do find any of Dergebbin's works, I be happy to buy 'em from ya."

GM: I hope you all are seeing that my NPCs are people with their own motivations. I am endeavoring to provide individual personalities to the named ones so they are not just props, but sources of meaningful interaction. And, not just a tool to advance to the next combat encounter and provide you all the answers. ;)

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Thank you," Iago tells the dwarf. "If we find anything of value, we will indeed give you a chance to look at it first." The half-orc pauses, wondering for a moment at his own use of the word "we," but says nothing more.

He makes his way out of the shop, but pauses in the plaza outside. Amid the smoke and the din of hammers from neighboring forges, he waits for the others to step out. He seems to want to discuss matters with them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas tucks the hammer back into the loop on his sword belt. Feeling the weapon of both it and his dagger complementing his magical sword. Then he feels the weight of the heirloom weapon on his back.

He watches the half-orc leave and wonders if he should catch up and see if their goals are one and the same.

But first he needs to be better prepared for the long road ahead.

"Master Ironhammer," he says quickly trying to catch the dwarf before he goes back to hammering. "I would like to purchase one of your shields here and ask you a question."

Markas shows the dwaven smith the shield with the four dwarven faces and as he gets it down he asks. "How good are you at reforging weapons? I have this blade," he continues drawing the longsword from his back. "It is old and could use some work to make it stronger and sharper. Could you do it?"

[sblock=OOC] Trying to buy a masterwork heavy steel shield - that should be allowed without the 75% roll. Cost 150gp (sell back and shield cost cancel out)

And secondly I am trying to get the heirloom weapon turned into a masterwork weapon so I can get it enchanted later on. Not sure how this will work, but am willing to leave it with the dwarven smith for the remainder of this adventure, which should be enough time if it is the same as commissioning an item. (cost 300gp - already have spent gold on the item)[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
Hearing mention of a loremaster, Anna perks up. Perhaps this is her chance to evade her captors after all...

"Now there is something much more up my alley. I used to butter up academics and politicians all the time when I lived in Irthos." she says, a mischievous and somewhat flirtatious smile crossing her face.

Upon noticing Fae'Shiel peering toward the wand at Iago's belt she cocks a knowing eyebrow and leans in closer to ask in hushed tones:

"If it isn't rude to ask, what facets of the Arcane are you most familiar with?"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: @HM, if you want to consider the item commissioned, that will be fine. You are still going to be in Venza for a few days RL at least. I will not move you all out until you are ready, regardless.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases