[Stars Without Number] Hard Light OOC

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
RG | OOC | IC

The Set Up
You've been hired as "additional personnel" aboard the Sisyphus, a transport freighter heading to Hard Light to pick up a shipment of novium. The pay's adequate. The duties are light enough. It might not be the most exciting gig for your first interstellar voyage, but it's a start.

The Game System
I want to use Sine Nomine Publishing's outstanding (and free) old-school sci-fi RPG, Stars Without Number (SWN). The scenario will be built on Sine Nomine's Hard Light.

Character Creation
All characters start at 1st level, and they follow all the normal rules for SWN character creation. All characters are human. The game will start several days into the in-bound voyage to Hard Light, and it is assumed the PCs have all gotten to know each other.

Other Stuff
I'm looking for about 4 players. My posting rate is likely to be erratic, ranging from multiple posts per day to one a week, depending on what else I'm doing and how quickly the players post.

Attachments

• mark-chance-albums-mlc-s-pix-picture2127-hard-light.jpg
    mark-chance-albums-mlc-s-pix-picture2127-hard-light.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I don't know anything about this system or game...

but anything sci fi interests me so let me look it over.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Please do. I finally got around to DLing the free version several days ago. It is delightfully old school, and I think it's probably the best thing out there that's part of the Old School Revival.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Welcome aboard, DarwinofMind. :)

While I am looking for four or so players, I'll start the game once we've got two or three people ready to go.

Zerith

First Post
looks neet, I might add a semi insane expert... who likes tinkering with engines and might be a we bit caress, how are stats going to be handled? is it basically purely random as is default, roll 6 numbers and place them were you like? etc. I'll look more into it when I have the time :3

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Sorry I havn't got character rolled up yet...

Everytime I open the book I find myself in the random charts in the back.

*rolls up random corporation*

It's like a 1e DMG for the future

*rolles up random religion*

I swear I cam here for something.

*goes off writting up star systems*

*EDIT: WOW this will be fun.

"You may move points between scores, lowering abilities above 13 and raising abilities
below 8 to even out your scores. No such modifi cations can lower a high score below 13 or raise a low one above 8." Well won't be doing that.

Last edited:

Remove ads