[LPF] Waking the Dead

kinem

Adventurer
Menik enjoys the food and hospitality, but is still troubled by what the orc had said.

"By the way, have you seen any elves around here lately? Besides me, I mean."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Wild animals been at the graveyard," begins Pate the Younger before his attention is drawn to Menik. The old man squints at the elf for a long moment before continuing. "H'ain't seen a elfin in years. Not heres anyways. You lookin' for kin?"

The young mother the group met earlier in the day answers many of the questions. "Malcolm just vanished. Went out to the woods to cut trees and didn't come back. His axe was lodged in a stump; nothing strange about that but his other gear was gone. Some 'roundabouts think he run off."

The woman's gaze darts to the wild-haired woman and you figure that she is Rochelle of the missing children. Her voice lowers and she continues. "Rochelle's twins just vanished from their beds one night. No signs or anything, just gone. Poor woman's been tetched since they went missing. Most think they woke and went out and got lost. Menfolk searched but didn't find nothing. Rochelle, poor woman, thinks they'll be home any day and keeps watch for 'em."

Feeling eyes upon her the woman, Rochelle, turns from searching the dim light to the circle surrounding the four travelers. She flinches away from the attention and stares into the shadows eyes darting to and fro.

[sblock=Tasanto]Tasanto sees two small figures in the dim light at the very edge of the green lurking between two buildings. They vanish into shadows but he catches movement that may be them a short distance away from where the two were before. The movement is on the far side of the green from where the group sits.[/sblock]

possum

First Post
"Just about how long has this vanishing been going on?" Dolgrin asks after taking a small sip from his ale. The dwarf looks at Rochelle in the distance, hoping that they would find her two children alive in addition to any others.

Satin Knights

First Post
"These old legs have two left feet when it comes to chasing rabbits." His hands stretch and flex on the table top. "It will be so nice when I can call upon the cat instantly." All of the fingers curl back in, except for one. In a quieter voice, "Remain calm, but we seem to have a couple small spies." The last finger is flat against the table pointing in the direction of the spies.

[sblock=mini-stats]Half-elf Tasanto: AC 12, HP 27, Init -2, Low-light vision,
Perception +11, Sense Motive +12, Move 30'
Unarmed Strike +2, d6+1, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+1 with 10' reach

Handbo +2, d6+1
Dagger +2, d4+1
Sling, -1, d4+11..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
Fort: +3, Reflex +0, Will +9, CMB +2, CMD 14

.... Not summoned currently ....

Cattaur Tasanto AC 20 HP 24/24 real, 20/20 temp, Init +2, Darkvision,
Perception +11, Sense Motive +12, Move 40'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+2
Bite +4, d6+2
Unarmed Strike +4, d6+2, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer
+4, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +4, d6+2

Dagger +4, d4+2
Sling, +4, d4+2
..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
Fort: +3, Reflex +4, Will +9

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 2 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
.............Consumables: 1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (50/50 charges)
.............Consumables: 6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
............Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance
If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+12 against one strike
.....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
.............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off, Swift action available, AoO available[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"I am looking for kin" Menik admits. "My brother Kyle went missing. It doesn't sound like he was around here, though.

Maybe we should search where Malcolm vanished from."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Pate the Younger shakes his head slowly in sympathy for Menik and pats the elf on the hand. "Bad thing when kin goes missing. I hope you find the lad."

"The children disappeared first," answers the young woman. "I would say maybe three weeks ago?" She turns to get confirmation from one of the other villagers present then turns back nodding. "And Malcolm less than a week after that. He was in the woods just past the south field if you want to look it over in the morning.

And we heard the herb woman from Avellino, a village a good days walk or more south of here, went missing some days ago. No one else that we know of."

Tasanto and Dolgrin are having a hard time keeping track of the figures in the shifting shadows, Lem is having a quiet but informative chat with one of the village matrons over specifics of the evenings dinner and some of his favorite dishes, and Menik is talking with Pate when Rochelle loudly sucks in her breath and then abruptly takes off into the dark night. It isn't directly towards the shadowy figures but close enough that Tasanto and Dolgrin are certain she caught at least a glimpse as well and harbors the hope that they might be her children.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem frowns as Rochelle moves forward towards the shapes in the shadows. He wasn't sure how to extricate himself, but now he had the feeling he had to move fast. He tries to step out of the conversation and into the outskirts at once, stealthily moving in a semi-circle towards the back of the shapes while trying to keep an eye on Rochelle.

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, since the woman charged off into the night, Tasanto is going to take the direct approach. Getting up from the tables, he chases after her, pausing just enough to grab one of the tiki torches for light.

[sblock=mini-stats]Half-elf Tasanto: AC 12, HP 27, Init -2, Low-light vision,
Perception +11, Sense Motive +12, Move 30'
Unarmed Strike +2, d6+1, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer +2, d12+1 with 10' reach

Handbo +2, d6+1
Dagger +2, d4+1
Sling, -1, d4+11..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
Fort: +3, Reflex +0, Will +9, CMB +2, CMD 14

.... Not summoned currently ....

Cattaur Tasanto AC 20 HP 24/24 real, 20/20 temp, Init +2, Darkvision,
Perception +11, Sense Motive +12, Move 40'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+2
Bite +4, d6+2
Unarmed Strike +4, d6+2, Stunning Fist 1/day
Lucerne Hammer
+4, d12+3 with 10' reach
Handbo +4, d6+2

Dagger +4, d4+2
Sling, +4, d4+2
..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
Fort: +3, Reflex +4, Will +9

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), celestial eagles
.............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 2 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
.............Consumables: 1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (50/50 charges)
.............Consumables: 6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
............Swift Actions: Enter Snake Stance
If Snake Stance Active:
.,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO with an Unarmed Strike
.....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+12 against one strike
.....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
.............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
Effects: Snake Stance off, Swift action available, AoO available
In hand: torch[/sblock]

possum

First Post
Dolgrin politely places his mug on the table before turning to Pate the Younger. "If myself and my companions could be excused for a few minutes..." he says as he grabs his axe and heads off following Tasanto.

Remove ads