[LPF] Waking the Dead - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 231
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,809

    Ignore Deuce Traveler

    Lem the Cook, Monk 2

    "I would be happy to take this up, and not just for the coin. Such worries can throw one's heart off balance to the point that not even a hearty meal will heal the spirit. I'm all for aiding you, despite the risk of running into orcs."
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    Ignore DrJest
    Kelnin audibly breathes a sigh of relief.

    "I thank you all. Please leave soon. I will meet you back here in seven days to discover what you have learned. My recommendation is that you begin your search at the tavern in Capoe. It is called the Otter Stop Inn and doubles as a general store. You could ask around there."

    Kelnin rises from the table, clearly not intent on recovering the coins.

    "This is your retainer. There should be 50 gold drakes for each of you. Are there any questions I can answer for you before you depart?"

    OOC

    Please take this time to RP any interactions between the party and to take care of any business such as purchasing last minute items from the Mystic Pearl.

    I will begin with your journey on the road to Capoe when you have each confirmed that you are ready to set out.

    Please also take the time to let me know what general posture the party travels in (order of march, weapons out if any, etc) and ensure to add a mini-stat block to your posts.

    Good Luck!



    --Lieutenant Peurligh Kelnin--

  • #13
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    "We'll make sure to check the store first then," Dolgrin says as he graciously takes the small bag of golden coins. "I'll need to stop for some provisions first."

  • #14
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    A few minutes later, Dolgrin is back at the door of the inn, waiting for the others to rejoin him. He hasn't purchased much, but the worn down battleaxe on his back is gone, replaced with a new and more well-crafted version.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore kinem
    "Time to go and rent horses, unless anyone has a better idea" Menik says.

  • #16
    Tasanto collects his share of coins. "Well, the kitty in me was intending to just jog there. It depends on if you get fast horses or slower ponies as to if I can keep up on my own. Where can one rent horses in this town?"
    hint
    The Grand Stable of Venza is already established for renting horses at 10 gp/week. Tasanto hasn't been there, but the other three characters have.
    mini-stats
    Half-elf Tasanto: AC 12, HP 27, Init -2, Low-light vision,
    Perception +11, Sense Motive +12, Move 30'
    Unarmed Strike +2, d6+1, Stunning Fist 1/day
    Lucerne Hammer
    +2, d12+3 with 10' reach
    Handbo +2, d6+1
    Dagger +2, d4+1
    Sling, -1, d4+11..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
    Fort: +3, Reflex +0, Will +9

    .... Not summoned currently ....
    Cattaur Tasanto AC 20 HP 24/24 real, 20/20 temp, Init +2, Darkvision,
    Perception +11, Sense Motive +12, Move 40'
    Claw/Claw +4, d4+2
    Bite +4, d6+2
    Unarmed Strike +4, d6+2, Stunning Fist 1/day
    Lucerne Hammer +4, d12+3 with 10' reach
    Handbo +4, d6+2
    Dagger +4, d4+2
    Sling, +4, d4+2..... Sling Bullets 9 Normal
    Fort: +3, Reflex +4, Will +9
    ...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Jolt, Guidance
    .,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 3/3 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Mage Armor, Shield
    ,...Summon Monster I: 5/5 remaining; std action SLA summon, (3 min), celestial eagles
    .............Consumables: 1 Alchemist's Fire, 2 Cure Light Wounds potion, 1 Enlarge potion
    .............Consumables: 1 wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (50/50 charges)
    .............Consumables: 6 days trail rations, 1 anti-toxin, 1 anti-plague
    ...,Anytime Free Action: Fused Link, move HP from real to temp to keep cattaur alive, used down to 2 real
    .....Immediate Actions: Enter Snake Stance
    If Snake Stance Active:
    .,,,,,,,,,,,,,.Free Action: A missed attack on me provokes an AoO
    .....Immediate Actions: AC or Touch AC = d20+12 against one strike
    .....Immediate Actions: if hit on unarmed AoO, spend immed to make second unarmed AoO attack
    .............Conditionals: +1 damage when flanking from dirty fighting trait
    Effects:


  • #17
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,809

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    "The Grand Stable of Venza has horses," Lem says with a wink. "I have enough food and water to make the trip, but I will use the retainer to go towards renting a mount from there."

    Mini-Stats
    Spoiler:

    Lem the Cook (2nd Level Monk of the Empty Hand)
    HP: 14/14; AC: 19; AC Touch: 19; AC Flatfooted: 11; INIT: +7; BAB: +1; CMB: +5; CMD: 17; Fortitude: +4; Reflex: +9; Will: +7; Speed: 15'

    -Unarmed Strike: Attack: +7; Damage: 1d4, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
    -Flurry of Blows: Attack: +6/+6; Damage: 1d4/1d4, Crit: 20/x2, Special: Stunning Fist Option
    -Thrown Flask of Acid: Ranged Touch Attack: +7; Damage: 1d6, Crit: Nil, Range: 10 feet, Special: 1hp splash acid damage to those within 5 feet; 12 Flasks of Acid
    --Thrown Tanglefoot Bag: Ranged Touch Attack: +7; hit target gains 2 penalty on attack rolls and a 4 penalty to Dexterity and must make a DC 15 Reflex save or be glued to the floor; 1xTanglefoot Bag
    Last edited by Deuce Traveler; Friday, 17th August, 2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Fixed a mispelling
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #18
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    "A pony for me," Dolgrin says as he walks with the rest of the group. "As long as there are no pranks this time..." he trails off, remembering the stench even if he wasn't the one to be sickened by it.

  • #19
    Turning back to Kelnin, "Having a group of strangers enter town and start asking about you is bound to make someone suspicious. What are we to say to Malcom so he knows it is you that sent us? I wouldn't want to end up on the wrong end of a pitchfork over a misunderstanding."

    "And does he have a wife too? What would her name be?"
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Sunday, 19th August, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

  • #20
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45

    Ignore DrJest
    Quote Originally Posted by Satin Knights View Post
    Turning back to Kelnin, "Having a group of strangers enter town and start asking about you is bound to make someone suspicious. What are we to say to Malcom so he knows it is you that sent us? I wouldn't want to end up on the wrong end of a pitchfork over a misunderstanding."

    "And does he have a wife too? What would her name be?"
    "Hmmmm.... You may be right about that. Just tell him that Elaine is worried about him and wants to know why he hasn't written. The villagers know her as well so you should be able to do a little name dropping..."





    --Lieutenant Peurligh Kelnin--
    Last edited by DrJest; Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012 at 03:31 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Lyra Ambient] Waking the Dead mp3 released
      By LinLyra in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st January, 2012, 09:44 PM
    2. The waking. You will never sleep again.
      By Ferret in forum Monster Homebrews
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Tuesday, 17th May, 2005, 10:30 PM
    3. Rule for Waking Up?
      By Clefton Twain in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Thursday, 27th June, 2002, 05:14 PM
    4. Waking up
      By trentonjoe in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Friday, 25th January, 2002, 02:46 PM
    5. Waking up
      By trentonjoe in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th January, 2002, 04:53 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •