[LPF] Waking the Dead

kinem

Adventurer
"Let's try to capture him alive" Menik says. Though by the looks of it that may be impossible at this point, the orcs may be relevant to the missing person investigation. He casts a spell to try to daze the orc. (ooc: Will DC 14)

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: Lem has a standard action remaining, Dolgrin has all his actions remaining.

The orc's eyes glaze and his falchion wavers in its guard position. It looks as if Menik's spell was successful.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Dolgrin rushes towards the orc, yelling out a battle cry. As he nears the orc, however, he twists the battleaxe in his hands so only the blunt side would impact the target.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Dolgrin races past Lem. The blunt side of the dwarf's axe smashes into the orc and sends him sprawling...

GM: If this is lethal damage then Dolgrin kills the last remaining orc. If this was intended to be non-lethal damage then he sends it sprawling into unconsciousness and it is now in the process of dying.

Re: charge. For those of you wondering about charging through an ally's square (it isn't possible) I never updated the map with Tasanto and the orc's movement so Dolgrin wouldn't actually pass through Lem's square. Just FYI.

possum

First Post
OOC: If I wasn't going non-lethal, I wouldn't have mentioned Dolgrin turning the axe so the blunt end would hit him. :p

No, I should have been a bit more specific. Sorry about the charge, too, I didn't see that Tasanto had posted that he was headed into the path. I'll be a bit more mindful in the future.

Satin Knights

First Post
Since Menik wants to interrogate the orc, Tasanto goes to his pack by the tree and gets out a set of masterwork manacles and a good lock. Returning with the backpack in hand, he rolls the orc over in the mud and locks it hands behind its back. Rolling it back over, he proceeds to strip it of all its other possessions. Then he binds the wounds. "Are you sure you want me to waste a couple healing potions on this thing?"[sblock=ooc]That was about five rounds worth of actions, so saving it may be moot unless someone else gets a successful heal check heal check faster.[/sblock]

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"I don't really know if this orc has anything to do at all with our missing man, but might as well ask him just to make sure," Dolgrin says as Tasanto heads towards his backpack. The dwarf kneels down on the ground near the bound and bleeding orc. "Damn, I must have hit this fellow harder than I thought..."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Dolgrin looks the orc over and discovers it is cut up pretty bad from Tasanto's polearm. A big bruise is blooming across the orc's face where the dwarf bashed it with the flat of his axe. As Tasanto gets his manacles and locks up the orc Dolgrin notices that the orc's labored breathing steadies somewhat despite the broken nose he gave it. It seems that the orc is not in any immediate danger of dying.

Tasanto gathers up the orc's falchion, four javelins, and a mangy fur pouch with a handful of coins of Venzan mint. It's wearing serviceable studded leather armor but that would be too awkward to remove at the moment. The two dead orcs have nearly identical gear except that one, presumably the leader, also has a small metal vial that sloshes a bit when moved about.

[sblock=Loot]Studded leather (x3), falchion (x3), javelin (x12), 80 silver, 30 gold, potion of ?[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Since the orc is breathing on his own, Tasanto looks over the loot. Muttering a couple incantations, he examines the equipment and then the potion carefully. "Well, I don't know for sure what this is. Menik, would you like to try?"
[sblock=actions]Guidance, then Detect Magic to identify the potion.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads