[LPF] Waking the Dead

kinem

Adventurer
"Well, Tasanto, I would. But I can't until I prepare spells tomorrow. Divination spells are difficult for me and take more preparation than other spells, so I usually prepare spells of other schools. Much the same could be said for abjurations.

So what do we do with him? I'm no healer, but maybe he'll recover on his own. If potions are our only healing, I'd rather save them."

Satin Knights

First Post
"No telling when he would wake up on his own, and I wouldn't want it while most of us are asleep. So, we will try one potion." Tasanto pulls out one of his healing potions, and after double checking the manacles, feeds it to the orc. "Well, that didn't do much." Taking out his last vial, he looks at the orc, then at Lem, and hands the healing potion to Lem.[sblock=actions]Feed the orc a cure light wounds potion. At least it double dips, healing both lethal and non-lethal damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite pouring a healing potion down the throat of the orc the creature remains unconscious. Even though Dolgrin turned his blow the dwarf very nearly ended up killing the orc; it seems it might be a while before it will be able to rouse itself to consciousness.

Counting up all the coins carried by the orcs the group finds 80 silver and 30 gold.

The sky is still black and it will be another two hours or so before dawn. Dolgrin and Tasanto could use a bit more sleep though they could manage with what they've gotten so far if they think it necessary.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Dolgrin, if you could give me a little help here?" Tasanto and Dolgrin drag the shackled orc over to a tree and tie him to the tree as well. "Okay, a couple more hours of shuteye for me then. Keep a good eye on the orc." Tasanto returns to his hammock.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Thanks!" Lem says meaningfully to Tasanto while the potion does its work. After that, he helps bind the unconscious orc and keeping watch.

OOC: I take it that those 2 hit points were for the potion given to Lem. If so, he is back up to 6/14 hit points.

OOC 2: Damn. Rolled a 1.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Unfortunately the group's healing magic is of a low quality and only a few injuries are healed on the orc and Lem. Confident that the unconscious orc is secured Lem and Menik are able to resume their watch as Tasanto and Dolgrin return to their bedrolls to finish out their night's sleep.

When Tasanto and Dolgrin wake up a couple of hours later Lem and Menik report there has been no change in the orc's condition but as they speak it raises it's head and glares at the group through hooded eyes. Despite the orc's passive defiance it looks soundly beaten and it would take little to knock it out again or kill it.

"Release me!" it demands in broken common.

possum

First Post
"Look, you attacked us, lost and are expecting to just be let go?" Dolgrin asks the orc as it sits tied up. "First off, you should be thanking your god that I was told to let you live, otherwise your head would be sitting right about there," the dwarf adds, pointing to a spot on the ground nearly two yards away.

"Truth is, we got some questions. A friend of a friend has gone missing and we want to know if you know anything about it."

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto starts taking down his hammock and packing his things. "Ask him specific questions. Otherwise he isn't going to bother telling you the mud is brown." Tasanto is letting the others take the lead on the interrogation. It was a skill the monks had not gotten to teaching yet.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The orc glares at those gathered around him and pulls against the ropes binding him but winces as his injuries cut short his action. He spits a bloody lump of phlegm at Lem's feet.

"I ask no mercy. I give no mercy. It is weakness of not orcs."

Turning his hooded glare on Dolgrin he meets the dwarf eye to eye but when the dwarf doesn't budge the orc slumps in defeat.

"I know not your missing. But shadows of the forest devour living and dead and leave gnawed bones behind. Crawl back in your holes, your friend-of-friend is broken bones by now."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases