Besieged by Bones OOC

kinem

Adventurer
renau, a rogue (or any class) could work fine. Also, in PF undead can be sneak attacked.

Jeffery: Looks like you and SelcSilverhand ... think alike? WTF? :confused:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I think I'm going to go with a Bard. He can be effective bolstering his army and maybe using diplomacy to make some allies in the region to defend against the skeletons. I'll start fiddling around with a backstory and some stats today. That leaves the cleric open for Renau1g if that's what he wants.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I was thinking of a Beguiler since he has mass effect spells, but then again illusion and enchantment spells would be nearly useless against them. Since a cleric and bard look to be covered, I might go with a paladin or barbarian.

renau1g

First Post
Hmmm, a cleric of Erastil might be a good fit as someone who focuses on Farming, Hunting, Trade, and Family seems perfect for a regular community. I was thinking of a guy who's not necessarily interested in adventuring, more focused on the community as opposed to running out. With the siege though, he would have little choice in taking a more active role. I like the Growth subdomain of Plant and the Animal Domain.

BTW - I love the Diplomacy rules that you note kinem. I always felt they were a weak area of the 3.x/PF rules.

kinem

Adventurer
How does this work for initiative against enemies?

Basically, I roll initiative once for PCs (all use the same die roll) and once for NPCs. If your initiative beats that of the NPCs you can act first; sometimes I let the whole party act. The NPCs and PCs then take turns acting. NPC allies of the PCs generally act just after the PCs.

When you see that it's the PCs' turn to act, go ahead and post your action; you don't have to wait for anyone's individual turn to come. This saves time during PBP combat; the guy who couldn't log on for a few days will just end up acting last instead of delaying everything.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Here is what I have so far for my Bard.

Code:
[B]Name: Rollen Spiel[/B] 
[B]Class: Dirge Bard (UM)[/B] 
[B]Race: Human[/B] 
[B]Size: M[/B] 
[B]Gender: Male[/B] 
[B]Alignment: NG[/B] 
[B]Deity: Shelyn[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 13 +1 (03p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (05p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 16 (1d8+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (02p.)     [B]CMB:[/B] +2    
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (05p.)     [B]CMD:[/B] +14    
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (00p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      
[B]Cha:[/B] 18 +4 (*10p.)    [B]Init:[/B] +4                 

[B]Stat Increases by Level[/B]
4th - 
8th - 
12th - 
16th - 

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +3    +2    +2    +0    +0    +0    17
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +1    +0    +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +2    +0    +5
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +0    +0    +3 (+4 bonus vs Sonic, Language-Dependant, Fear, Energy Drain, Death, Necromancy)

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Scorpion Whip              +3     1d4+1       20x2 (disarm, reach, trip)
Sling                      +3     1d4+1       20x2
Club                       +2     1d6+1       20x2
 Arcane Strike             --     +1 Damage

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Common, Orc, Sylvan

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Race : Ability
Human : +2 to (Cha)
Human : Favored Class (Bard): +1 hp at 1st, 1 spell known at 2nd (0 level) APG Favored Class Options
Human : +1 skill point per level
Human : Bonus feat
Bard  : Bardic Performance - 16 Rounds per day
Bard  : Bardic Knowledge - Adds half of your level to all knowledge skills, can use all skills untrained.
Bard  : Countersong - Allows allies to use perform check to resist sonic or language dependant magical attacks. 30' Range
Bard  : Distraction - Allows allies to use perform check to resist illusion (pattern and figment) magical attacks. 30' Range
Bard  : Fascinate - Creature that fails a save sits and listens or watches the performance. Threats allow a second save. Obvious danger breaks affect. -4 on skill checks.
Bard  : Inspire Courage - +1 bonus to saves vs charm and fear, +1 bonus to attack and damage.
Bard  : Well-Versed - +4 save bonus vs bardic performances, sonic, or language dependant effects.
Bard  : Haunted Eyes - +4 save bonus vs fear, energy drain, death effects, and necromancy effects.
Bard  : Secrets of the Grave - +1 bonus to know. Religion regarding undead. Mind Affecting spells can affect Undead. Add 1 necromancy spell at 2nd of a level one lower than highest spell level available.

[B]Traits[/B]
Reactionary - +2 to Initiative
Charming - +1 to Bluff and Diplomacy if a character is/could be sexually attracted to you. +1 to DC of Language-Dependant spells.

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Feat - Location - Description
Human 1 - Extra Performance - 6 extra rounds per day
Level 1 - Arcane Strike - Imbue weapons to add +1 damage

[B]Future Feats[/B]
Level 3 - Combat Expertise
Level 5 - Improved Disarm
Level 7 - Lingering Performance
Level 9 - Spellsong
Level 11 - Mounted Combat
Level 13 - Two Weapon fighting
Level 15 - Improved Trip
Level 17 - Greater Disarm
Level 19 - Greater Trip

[B]Spells Prepared/Known[/B] 
+1 DC to spells with Language-Dependent component
0st Level / DC14 ----- / 4 Known : Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Spark, Disrupt Undead (SotG ability)
1st Level / DC15 2+1 Day / 3 Known : Alarm, Charm Person, Hypnotism

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 18        
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
*Acrobatics                  2    +2     +3   +7
*Appraise                    0    +0     +0   +0
*Bluff                       2    +4     +3   +9 (+1 vs opposite sex)
*Climb                       2    +1     +3   +6
*Craft                       0    +0     +0   +0
*Diplomacy                   2    +4     +3   +9 (+1 vs opposite sex)
Disable Device               0    +0     +0   +0
*Disguise                    0    +0     +0   +0
*Escape Artist               1    +2     +3   +6
Fly                          0    +0     +0   +0
Handle Animal                0    +0     +0   +0
Heal                         0    +0     +0   +0
*Intimidate                  0    +0     +0   +0
*Knowledge (arcana)          0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (dungeoneering)   0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (engineering)     1    +2     +4   +7
*Knowledge (geography)       0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (history)         0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (local)           0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (nature)          0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (nobility)        1    +2     +4   +7
*Knowledge (planes)          0    +2     +1   +3
*Knowledge (religion)        2    +2     +4   +8 (+1 vs Undead)
*Linguistics                 0    +0     +0   +0
*Perception                  0    +0     +0   +0
*Perform(Percussion)         2    +4     +3   +11
*Profession                  0    +0     +0   +0
Ride                         1    +2     +0   +3
*Sense Motive                0    +0     +0   +0
*Sleight of Hand             0    +0     +0   +0
*Spellcraft                  0    +0     +0   +0
*Stealth                     2    +2     +3   +7
Survival                     0    +0     +0   +0
Swim                         0    +0     +0   +0
*Use Magic Device            0    +0     +0   +0

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Entertainer's Outfit	       
MW Scorpion Whip             301gp     2lb
MW Light Steel Shield        159gp     6lb
MW Studded Leather Armor     175gp    20lb
MW Drums                     100gp     1lb
Club                           ---     3lb
Sling                          ---     ---
Sling Bullets                  1sp     5lb
Wand of Cure Light Wounds    750gp     1lb
Backpack                       2gp     2lb
Waterskin                      1gp     4lb
Rationsx2                      1gp     1lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]45.0lb      [B]Money:[/B] 11gp 0sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]              50.00  51-100  101-150  300   450

Description
[SBLOCK]
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180lb
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown
Skin: Pale

Rollen Spiel wears well-maintained studded leather armor. The leather is dyed a blood-red color and the metal studs are painted white and yellow. His dark brown hair is kept short on his head while his face is clean shaven. A thin white line of a scar marks his chin but only seems to add to his appearence. His skin is pale, almost corpse colored despite the hours in the sun. A coiled whip hangs at his side and a heavy club carved in the shape of a skull is stowed with his backpack and shield.
When not traveling he favors a set of finely made clothes designed to show off his lean, muscular body.
[/SBLOCK]

Background
[SBLOCK]
Rollen Spiel is an odd looking man.

When he was born, if it were not for his first cries, the midwife would have thought he was stillborn. His skin is pale, so pale that it looks as if no blood moves through his veins. Even with hours spent in the sun playing failed to darken his body. In the town he grew up in the busybodies whispered that he might be touched by Pharasma, or worse yet, Urgothoa. He was avoided by the other children and had to learn to find entertainment on his own. His fascination with music came early when an older man showed him that he could make a whistle out of a stem of grass. He was soon ready for his first instrument, a hand carved wooden drum from a hollow log. Acceptance into the community came as his skill grew and he was able to gift them with beautiful music on the long winter nights.

When he came of age he traveled the countryside seeking out other musicians whose styles he could learn, lore and tales from the far corners of the world, and to hone his craft. His years on the road helped him to develop his stunted social skills and he grew into his gangly body. Long roads and lean meals kept him trim and muscular. Money is tight for musicians learning their trade and he occasionally had to acquire less than reputable jobs. Bordellos sought him for his exotic beauty, shysters for his silver tongue, and work gangs for his strength. It would have been easy to employ his skills to become a conman, a thief, or a thug but through it all though he managed to cling to the values he was raised with.

He was far away when news came of a plague that had decimated his childhood home. Returning home he found the streets quiet save for the sounds of carts hauling away the rotting bodies. He spent many days finding corpses of the young, the old, lovers, drunkards, the rich, and the poor. Each night he played deeply sorrowful songs for the departed. Inevitably, when there are mass deaths there are those who flock to the carnal pits to make use of dark magics. Undead rose, his childhood friends and families, soon marched from the graves he had just dug. Few people remained who could fight them and fewer still had the desire. Rollen and a few others waged a guriella war against the undead. They set ambushes and traps, fought in the streets and the forests. Eventually however the survivors were wittled away and he was forced to flee. One day he hopes to put the rest of the walking dead back in the ground but until then he marshals his skills, his resources, and his allies for the day when he must return and triumph.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Looks good SelcSilverHand. I like the background.

I haven't checked all the numbers but hp is correct, HD should be 2d8+3.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases