Besieged by Bones OOC

kinem

Adventurer
OK, ren. Let's try to get character creation done by Monday so we can get started.

BTW, what do you guys think of the pre-IC story? Is it a good idea to have it?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It gives context. I'm going to have to have some idea of the kingdom I am in, the fortress area to be protected, and the situation we are in to properly roleplay my character as opposed to rollplaying.

renau1g

First Post
Ready for Review

Code:
[B]Name: Weiss Magie[/B] 
[B]Class: Cleric [/B] 
[B]Race: Human[/B] 
[B]Size: M[/B] 
[B]Gender: Male[/B] 
[B]Alignment: NG[/B] 
[B]Deity: Erastil[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 13 +1 (03p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (02p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 19 (10+1d8+2)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +1 (05p.)     [B]CMB:[/B] +2    
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (00p.)     [B]CMD:[/B] +13    
[B]Wis:[/B] 18 +4 (*10p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 (*05p.)    [B]Init:[/B] +3                 

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +7    +2    +1    +0    +0    +0    20
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 19

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +2    +0    +5
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +1    +0    +1
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +4    +0    +7 

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
MW Morningstar              +3     1d8+1       20x2 

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Common

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Race : Ability
Human : +2 to (WIS)
Human : Favored Class (Cleric): +1 hp at 1st/2nd
Human : +1 skill point per level
Human : Bonus feat

[B]Traits[/B]
Reactionary - +2 to Initiative

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Feat - Location - Description
Human 1 - Extra Channel - 2 extra channels per day
Level 1 - Heavy Armor Prof - Proficient with Heavy Armor 

[B]Spells Prepared[/B] 
0st Level / DC14 ----- 4 Day : Create Water, Mending, Stabilize, Light
1st Level / DC15 3+1 Day : Sanctuary, Shield of Faith, Bless, Enlarge Person (d)

Domains: Growth (Plant); Animal

Powers:  Growth - As a swift action you can enlarge yourself for 1 round, as if you were the target of the enlarge person spell. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 7.
Animal - Speak with Animals (Sp): You can speak with animals, as per the spell, for a number of rounds per day equal to 7.

Channels positive energy (11x/day)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 18        
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
*Diplomacy                   1    +2     +3   +6
Heal                         1    +4     +3   +8
*Knowledge (nature)          1    +0     +3   +4
*Knowledge (religion)        2    +0     +3   +5
*Spellcraft                  1    +0     +3   +4

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Priest's Outfit	       
MW Morningstar             308gp     2lb
Heavy Wooden Shield        7gp     10lb
Banded mail     250gp    35lb
Wand of Cure Light Wounds    750gp     1lb
Backpack                       2gp     2lb
Waterskin                      1gp     4lb
Rationsx2                      1gp     1lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]55.0lb      [B]Money:[/B] 181gp 0sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]              50.00  51-100  101-150  300   450

Description
[SBLOCK]
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 165lb
HumanCleric.jpg

[/SBLOCK]

Background
[SBLOCK]
Weiss was born in a small farming community near the larger town of Specton and the Fort Pierre, bastion of defense in the region, and grew up under the rule of Baron Absten and his parents had still talked about the good work the man did with increasing the harbour size and improving trade in the barony. Weiss grew up in the sun, he spent most of his waking hours working the land, hunting and gathering with his father and brothers, and at night, would often walk on his own through the wilds. He enjoyed the quiet solitude that the natural world provided.

It was during one of these wanderings that he walked right into a Red Tusk orc hunting party and his life changing event. The orcs advanced with a bloodthirsty look on their faces, when suddenly a great stag appear and gored the nearest creature, a kick caved in the skull of another, and the remaining orcs ran in fear. The stag looked right into Weiss' eyes and then departed. A sense of understanding passed into the young man that night and he realized that he had owed a debt to the creature and his life had more purpose than just another farmhand.

During the corresponding years, Weiss had worked with his own community and the others nearby to aid those in need, tend to the sick, assist in drought times with divine waters, and a myriad of other tasks. It has been nearly two decades since that fateful day and Weiss has earned a good reputation in the area as one loyal to both the leadership and its people. His tastes are simple, his clothing unadorned, Weiss only carries that which he needs. As repayment for his deeds, the priest was gifted a rather impressively made morningstar and a set of armor, which the local guards had taught him to use with a bit of proficiency, although Weiss preferred his regular clothing to the heavy mail.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry, I have to bow out of this :( time issues don't allow me to complete a character in time. Have a lot of fun everyone.
Sorry for wasting your time :(

kinem

Adventurer
WD, sorry to see you go but it's much better to realize upfront that there's a problem instead of having to drop out later. If your time situation changes, you are welcome to re-join.

Four PCs is enough so we will get started. I'd say we still have a balanced party. In any case this isn't exactly a traditional game so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

ren, you should have 2 Traits. Mark, you just need equipment, I take it. Both of you should post in the RG.

As I said everyone gets a heavy warhorse. This may have been a gift from the kingdom, if you didn't already have a steed; you can work that into your background as you see fit.

You can assume that it comes with the following:

heavy warhorse: studded leather barding, military saddle, bit & bridle, saddlebags (can hold 250 lbs), animal feed (10 days)
AC 18 (t 13, ff 14); hp 19; Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3; Init +4; Speed 50 ft; Perception +8
Melee bite +5 (1d4+5), 2 hooves +5 (1d6+2)

Note: Ride skill, Handle Animal

Each of you has received a letter from the office of King Jarvis. From what you know of how the Court works, it is probable that the King himself did not hand pick you; he spends much of his time obsessing over the worsening security situation on his southern border (some say that his own meddling with the nations to the south has backfired), and the rest of it on women and wine.

In any case, you have each been appointed as Wardens of Absten until such time as the King appoints a new Baron to rule there. You have each been given an additional title and responsibility as well.

As Wardens you will be entitled to draw a stipend, paid not by the king, but by tax money from Absten. No one has told you how much this should be; you must determine that. The more you enrich your own coffers, of course, the less will remain for the people under your rule.

Diego Jose Delgado de Castile, aasimar paladin
Sheriff; in charge of the administration of justice

Rollen Spiel, human dirge bard
Loremaster; in charge of the library at Fort Pierre, and instruction of the people

Cáel Grosvenor, human ranger
Surveyor; in charge of assessing the geography and natural resources of the Barony

Weiss Magie, cleric of Erastil
Chaplain; in charge of the spiritual and physical health of the garrison at Fort Pierre

Later I'll post in the IC thread and then we can start :)

renau1g

First Post
Quick note: I'm on vacation next week, Monday is a holiday and I am going to see a baseball game, and then I'm off the rest of the week with my kids before school starts, so expect much slower posting from me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases