Avengers sequel announced + Marvel-based TV series coming

Aaron L

Hero
Adam Warlock!

Danny, I like your style!

But Yeah, with Thanos and the Cosmic Cube being involved, Captain Marvel is far more likely to show up... for now!

And I am LOVING Joss being able to fully geek out with these movies, and that audiences of "mundanes" are loving it so much. Are they finally realizing just how cool our geeky stuff really is??

Last edited:

ssampier

First Post
Excellent news. I'm hoping the Guillermo del Toro "Hulk" TV Show is still being developed. My Google-fu is showing that they are still looking for a writer.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Umbran, please predict that Cobie Smulders is going to star in this. I need more Agent Hill.

It won't. It won't star any of the SHIELD characters from the movies, except maybe as cameos/recurring. It will focus on low-level SHIELD operatives. Joss Whedon's brother will showrun.

Some people have speculated that Item 47 was a backdoor pilot of sorts to the TV show.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I'd love to have a continuation of the Avengers cartoon that was killed off after one season a few years ago. That showed a lot of promise for continuing to be amazing work.

A decent reboot wouldn't be bad. But I'm tired of the ultra-kiddieized Super Hero Squad excrement that Marvel has been putting out since Disney bought them.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Do you mean United They Stand (1999) or Earth's Mightiest Heroes (2010)?

Turns out EMH (which is fantastic) isn't getting cancelled, but getting reworked as Avengers Assembled to resemble the movie line-up more. They're basically doing JL/JLU, but in reverse.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
EMH. not sure I saw UTS. Have to look into that. I remember the Ultimate (anime) movies.

EMH hasn't had a new episode in years. I just figured that, like most good things, it just got cancelled. Same with the X-men cartoon of the same vintage. End on a cliffhanger, and gets cancelled--just seems to be the pattern.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases