Avengers sequel announced + Marvel-based TV series coming

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I have to wait for Netflix to get the disks or put it up online. I don't bother to maintain any cable or other TV-only service.
Yes, commercials simply are that annoying.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Finally got to see season 2 of A:EMH. OK, but not as good. Lots of threads abandoned. Just didn't have the same feel.
And then there's the movie.
I have to say, meh. It was way better than Thor or Captain America, and a cinematic masterpiece compared to DKR, but no where near as good as Norton Hulk or Iron Man. Weak story. Weak villain. Climax borrowed from ID4 (which was a weak movie in and of itself). After a while, the battle scene was just long and drawn out without any real emotion to it--but a nice cheery glow of wholesomeness so that you knew these were all heroes. Then it finally ended. Almost as overblown as the end of Transformers3. Hulk looked awful (compared with Norton-Hulk). There were some good moments of character interaction, but I expect better of Whedon, even if he was saddled with picking up the pieces of 2 inferior movies.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
It's not like there's a shortage of Marvel characters. Whatever they do, I would rather have something done right and seriously than something done kiddie or stupid.
That Avengers managed to salvage the mess of Captain America and Thor even to the modest extent that it did is a tribute to Joss's skill and ability. Hopefully next time he gets to have a little more control over the story so that we don't end up with another ID4 ending.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases