RPG Kickstarter Funding Sources Kickstarter Project

H

Harrrbinger

With just 3-hours left in my own TO SLAY A DRAGON Kickstarter project, I thought I might share the distribution of my funding sources for those interested in starting their own RPG Kickstarter projects. Obviously other funding sources can be utilized by project creators - these just happen to be the ones I used. This info might prove interesting or useful - or it might not. But here it is, nonetheless!

I was surprised that social media ranked so low in the lst - I initially imagined that Twitter and Facebook would be amongst the primary sources. And there's definitely a higher level of "internal" sources (from Kickstarter itself) than I expected, showing that the site itself does a good job of directing people to projects they might be interested in. There's probably no surprise that the biggest source is my own site; I imagine most peoples' biggest sources are their own sites.

kick_source.jpg

For more RPG Kickstarter projects, check out RPG Kickstarters.

Last edited by a moderator:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I'll be curious of the results of my Kickstarter. I know that several of my patrons have mentioned to me on other forum sites, that they noticed my project while exploring Kickstarter's site (even before they noticed it in any threads I've posted in), so I'm not surprised at the high results from 'internal' Kickstarter sources.

We plan to do a banner ad campaign during the last month of the Kickstarter, so I'd be interested how that is recorded/presented in the funding sources report. At least this report can show if an ad campaign is even effective.

Remove ads