+ Log in or register to post
Results 1 to 10 of 80
Thread: HACKMASTER Basic - for free!
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 08:59 AM #1
Hydra (Lvl 25)
HACKMASTER Basic - for free!
There's no good reason not to download a completely free copy of Kenzer & Co.'s Hackmaster Basic, so I'd suggest you not bother reading on and simply head on over and download the 231-page PDF right now.
Congratulations! In a world where there is no shortage of mediocre games, you’ve managed to find one of the true gems. Designed from the ground up to be played at a table with real life friends, this hard-hitting, old-school game makes no qualms about its heritage. This is the way role playing games were meant to be played and we present to you the best of breed.Get it here!
This version of the game is 'basic' only in that it serves as a gateway to the dynamic thrill of the HackMaster game. Gone are the days of waiting around for your 'turn', of battling static opponents or of being anything but totally in charge of your own destiny.
We want to to try HackMaster so we're letting you download the basic game for free! What have you got to lose?
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll find in this free 231-page PDF:
• A combat system geared for quick, hard-hitting, dynamic action.
• 11 Ready-to-Play characters
• Knock-back rules that eliminate static “conga line of death” battles
• Penetration damage, damage reduction from armor and shields and revamped ranged combat rules, including shield 'cover'
• A combination of slot and spell point system that allows for 'straight up' mage play but at the same time allows your mage to change spells on the fly or increase a spell’s range, duration and other effects
• 70+ spells (including Skipping Betty Fireballs and Heat Seeking Fist of Thunder)
• Classic fantasy races (dwarf, elf, halfling, human) and classes (fighter, thief, mage, and cleric) for your campaign
• Five clerical classes to choose from!
• An all-new thief statistic: Luck Points!
• Quirks and flaws that transform your PC into a real character
• Building Point rules that let you customize a character to your own style (there are no ‘cookie cutter characters’ here!)
• Quick-Start rules for even faster character creation
• Skills and talents and proficiencies (including all weapons and armor) and specialization open to every character class... for a price
• Honor tightly integrated into play and with more flexible usage
• Confidential GameMaster chapters with treasure tables, 75 monsters, magic items, tips and more
• Three adventures included so you can start gaming immediately
Last edited by Morrus; Friday, 10th August, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
- EN World
- has no influence
- on adverts that
- are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 09:00 AM #2
Gallant (Lvl 3)
HackMaster Basic PDF now a FREE download!
Want to see what all the fuss about HackMaster is? Download the HMBasic pdf for FREE! and start gaming in minutes!
Last edited by griffonwing; Friday, 10th August, 2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: truncated url
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 11:22 AM #3
Myrmidon (Lvl 10)
I recalled character generation rules in Hackmaster Basic I looked at. Were those always only in Hackmaster Basic Plus? With only sample characters to use for PCs, and a cap at 5th level (which, yes, was always there), it really feels like a preview. A 231 page, fully-usable preview, which stretches the definition of the word, but still.
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 01:24 PM #4
The Great Druid (Lvl 17)
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 01:39 PM #5
Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)
We must not remind them that giants walk the earth.
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 01:56 PM #6
Thanks for spreading the world Griff.
Here's a handy chart comparing the different HackMaster New Edition books.
Also be aware HMB is completely updated and includes three adventures now.
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 01:58 PM #7
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 04:27 PM #8
Superhero (Lvl 15)
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 06:28 PM #9
Lama (Lvl 13)
Nice. Downloaded my copy.
Friday, 10th August, 2012, 06:43 PM #10
Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)