HACKMASTER Basic - for free!

Jolly_Blackburn

First Post
acutally you bought the FULL book with the char-gen rules and other material missing from the free version (such as the chapter on dice). And the added material (such as the adventures) are free so they cost you nothing extra to own.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
That's the whole point. You get to read/try the game. If you like it, you can get the HM books and continue your campaign (the rules are the same, the PHB just adds more to it). If not, you invested no more than some time to find out.

I'm just sort of happier when my previews are labeled previews, and not presented as whole books.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm just sort of happier when my previews are labeled previews, and not presented as whole books.

Except that it's more of a whole book than a preview. Many people, myself included, played HMB campaigns with nothing but HMB, it's a complete game in itself. HM just expands upon it with more options and levels of play.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Except that it's more of a whole book than a preview. Many people, myself included, played HMB campaigns with nothing but HMB, it's a complete game in itself. HM just expands upon it with more options and levels of play.

Jolly Blackburn above implies that there are pages in the printed book that aren't in this PDF. I'm pretty sure the book had character creation rules, and nobody has seen fit to gainsay me on that point.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases