Madden NFL 13

Goodsport

Explorer
Who else here is looking forward to this game, due to hit stores on Tuesday, August 28th (word has it that the demo will be available on Tuesday, August 14th)? :)

It'll be my first Madden game since Madden NFL 08 (the last version made for the PC) and my first on a console since Madden NFL 2003 (before I sold off my PS2 in early-2003 and went exclusively to PC-gaming until I finally got a PS3 in summer 2010). I came close to getting the game for my PS3 the past two years but eventually didn't as money ended up getting a bit tight overall.

My financial situation eased up a bit this year so I even went as far as pre-ordering the game. Coincidentally, my San Francisco 49ers had their first good season in quite a while last year, so I'll have a good team waiting for me upon the game's release (just like in the early years of the game franchise). :cool:

Which team(s) will you be playing as in this game?

-G

Shadeydm

First Post
Congrats on your 49ers!
The Madden Franchise is probably my favorite among all the console games. I first started playing it on my sega genisis way back in the day and have been hook across many console platforms ever since. In fact that game and the EA NHL franchise were probably the only reason i stuck with console gaming over the years. (Not counting my FFT addiction back in the PS1 days) ;)
I usually pick a good team at first to get up to speed with, and then switch to some weaker teams once i get adjusted for the extra challenge. As a long time die hard Pats fan this has in recient years meant i usually start with my favorite team. Eventually I end up doing a season with the wost team in the league to see how much i can improve upon thier actually record. (Its very satisfying to win the superbowl with a team that in reality only won a game or two that year.) Back in the day the Pats were often one of the worst teams which is probably where the tradition of trying to win with the worst team came from in the first place lol.

Goodsport

Explorer
Congrats on your 49ers!
Thanks. :)

I'm also excited that the 49ers are scheduled to play home games in their new stadium by 2014. :D

The Madden Franchise is probably my favorite among all the console games. I first started playing it on my sega genisis way back in the day and have been hook across many console platforms ever since. In fact that game and the EA NHL franchise were probably the only reason i stuck with console gaming over the years. (Not counting my FFT addiction back in the PS1 days) ;)
I started playing the Madden Franchise (as well as all of EA's other sports franchises) on the Sega Genesis back then too (I'm old :(), later on the Playstation, and then on the Playstation 2. :)

Once I sold off my PS2, I played the franchises on my PC, although EA later stopped making all sports games (except FIFA) for the PC. :(

I usually pick a good team at first to get up to speed with, and then switch to some weaker teams once i get adjusted for the extra challenge. As a long time die hard Pats fan this has in recient years meant i usually start with my favorite team. Eventually I end up doing a season with the wost team in the league to see how much i can improve upon thier actually record. (Its very satisfying to win the superbowl with a team that in reality only won a game or two that year.) Back in the day the Pats were often one of the worst teams which is probably where the tradition of trying to win with the worst team came from in the first place lol.
I tried that once or twice, but discovered that I can only really get into a sports game when I'm playing my favorite team, regardless of how good or bad the team is in the game. ;)

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
The demo was a long download but it was definitely worth it, particularly for fans of the four teams included (San Francisco 49ers vs. New York Giants; Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks). :cool:

-G

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases