HM's Way of the Wicked - IC

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Laria Korianna, Female Half-drow Elven Summoner

LariaAvatar.jpg

With the ogre agreeing to be quiet for the moment, Laria continues her discussion around the map.

After hearing so openly of the man's faith, she gives Jaylen a look with a raised eyebrow and replies, "Indeed. I have been condemned for my following of Him myself. You can call me Laria."

Pointing on the map to the gatehouse area where she entered, she says, "There were only two guards in there when I passed through, just watching the gates. But with gatehouse defenses, there could be many more capable of shooting bolts and arrows on anyone trying to fight their way out."

"I imagine we will have patrols along the walls too, but I was not able to look and draw attention to confirm."

Looking up at Anitol and Jaylen, even sparing a glance for the ogre, the dark skinned elf has developed a wicked smile on her expression. In a low conspiratorial tone, so the trapped Sergeant cannot overhear, she says softly, "However, with the escape going so well, why not covertly go about an kill every last one of the damned rapists? And, the warden too. Better to leave no witnesses alive."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Laria Korianna
Initiative:
+3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Guidance, Mage Hand
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Curz is slightly aghast when he hears the dark elf's off-hand comment. "We should try and escape and not tarry." he says from his spot near the doorway behind Jaylen.

"I wonder what coward tastes like,"
the ogre grumbles as he eyes the priest.

"I am not being a coward, we just should not take unnecessary risks for greed or revenge. Our purpose should be to escape, and bring our vengeance to those who branded and locked us away."
Although he speaks boldly his voice gives away his frightfulness.

"Bah! I like the kill them all plan, over the run scared one."
Grumblejack says with a wave of his hand.

OOC: As the DM I'm up for any plan so long as you can give me a heads up as to what you wish to do so I may plan ahead.

Velmont

First Post
"Vengence is a plate that is better cold. Let's get out of here and we can get those guard killed another way if we really want. If reinfocement arrive, we won't get out fo here." tells Valeria.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Why not do both at the same time? Leave carnage, kill those that we can, leave a path of destruction while hiding our escape? A fire to this whole place should be able to do that. Burn it down, hide the corpses, let them try and figure out who is dead and who is not. We can escape in the chaos, or die trying."

Jaylen looks toward the others, wondering how they would take the option to create chaos. Some would probably lean towards that, while others would show their nature as well; offering to use stealth. Knowing your allies as well as your enemies would do well to keep one alive...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
LariaAvatar.jpg

Laria hears a voice of dissension from the hallway as there appears to be a debate between the escapees on just running or talking revenge.

"I agree, simply running away is not the best option. Until word gets out of an escape, there will be no reinforcements. So, anyone left alive in the prison will be able to spread the word that much sooner and we may not escape in the long run. The hunter, Sir Balin, will eventually track us down if we do not take steps."

"Rampant revenge is not productive either. However, if we kill everyone inside, there is no one to explain what happened. We leave only corpses in the burned out shell of the prison, including charred remains in the cell block where you all were kept."

"Then, we not only escape, we could be free. There is risk, but the rewards are greater in the immediate future and the long run."

"If we have a consensus, we can begin to question the Sergeant and see if he can be convinced to give up his secrets."

Initiative:
+3

Cantrips:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Curz steps into the room as the discussion continues. "Hmmm... I'm not opposed to setting a fire as both a diversion for the guards and hopefully using it will cover are escape for a time."

He looks about counting the number of prisoners. "We will need to add two more bodies to those guards we have killed. Putting them all upstairs and then starting the fire, there. It will appear as if we died in our cell."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And after he's done talkin' then we kill him and set him on fire?" the ogre asks with an evil grin.

A large gulp can be heard from behind the locked wooden door.

"We shall see," Antiol says drawing a dagger and standing on the other side.

Cautiously Laria unlocks the door with the sergeant's key ring and the large man tumbles out to the floor (his ear was pressed up against it).

"Don't kill me. Don't kill me."
he wines from his knees his hands clasped together before him. "I have money please. I can pay you for my life."

"A few coppers won't save you, little man."
the ogre grumbles.

"No. No, I have over a thousand gold in a chest in the room there." he says pointing to the arch doorway opposite the hall. "It's yours if you let me live."

[sblock=OOC] Just a note to all... the escape from the prison is only one small part of this module. Any plan you all can come up with that is reasonable should pass for me so we can move things along.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Laria Korianna, Female Half-drow Elven Summoner

LariaAvatar.jpg

Laria smiles wickedly, "Your life is mine already as is your gold, sweetheart. So, if you wish to delay your execution or bargain for a quick clean death over being tortured, then it will require information."

Her expression becomes more neutral and she starts talking in a business-like tone.

"First, how many guards are in this building? Which rooms are they supposed to be in?" her initial questions are meant to test his truthfulness.

"Then, where are the guards stationed in the rest of the prison and how many are there? What are ther standing orders with regards to staying at their posts versus coming inside this building?"

Initiative:
+3

Cantrips:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Your going to kill me? Please, please no." the man begs and sobs. "I can get you out. Past the gate, since your dressed like guards. We'll say were taking the ogre into the swamp for his execution."

Grumblejack growls and lifts his weapon. Sergeant Blackerly, still on his knees, raises his hands to protect his head, but the ogre just sniffs in contempt at the man, and lowers his weapon.

"It will work. Please I beg you. I 'll get you out if you spare my life."

Sense Motive DC 0 - he is telling the truth

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases