HM's Way of the Wicked - IC

Velmont

First Post
Valeria makes a sign to Grumblejack to hold his swing for a moment. "I see one flaw in your plan. That will left one witness about our escape."

She then whispers to Laria "I see more than one in our."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"First, some loose ends. Sergeant, if we go with your plan, when is the next shift due to arrive? Secondly, your life can be bought with the gold, as well as anything else of use in this place, so tell us anything else of value we could take. Lastly, when the new shift DOES come in, they will know our escape. When we burn their bodies and leave them in the cells, do the guards know how many of us there were?"

Jaylen knows the holes in the plans, but can only do so much with what he has to work with. There were options, but he didn't want to tip his hand just yet...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Laria Korianna, Female Half-drow Elven Summoner

LariaAvatar.jpg

Laria's eyes narrow and even though the Sergeant is probably not lying, he is still trying to manipulate their decisions. She doesn't trust him.

She glances at the other woman, an eyebrow raised, but doesn't reply aloud.

Simple escape is not enough, if they are hunted down again. Escape does not mean freedom.

She shakes her head, "Come, come darling. That is not what I asked you. This is not a negotiation of our escape, that is already ours for the taking."

"Now, answer our questions or thinks will start going hard for you"

The summoner repeats her questions once more to add to Jaylen.

OOC: So we are down to 3 players again?

Velmont, I think you missed a word to Laria. Not sure what you mean.
[sblock=Mini-stats]Laria Korianna
Initiative:
+3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Guidance, Mage Hand
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"There are a dozen guards asleep. The night shift. When they awake there will be over two dozen men walking the halls. Your only chance is to get out now." he pleads.

He points at the map. "They are asleep in the barracks here. (area 9) And there are six men here." he says pointing to the gate house (area 3) "Those men are corruptible. You leave and I'll pay them for their silence."

He then points to the warden's tower. "There are a half dozen men there but they won't leave the tower."

OOC: Sense Motive checks and Diplomacy or Intimidate to get any further.

Velmont

First Post
"Anyway, the idea of using the guards cose to cover our escape is flawed. They will find us missing, but the guards we killed too. And the number of corpse won't match the number of missing erson, and no guards are tall enough to pass for an Ogre." tells Valeria. "Do you want to follow his idea of we go our way. I don't care, as long as we don't waste much more time."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Laria Korianna, Female Half-drow Elven Summoner

LariaAvatar.jpg

Laria's eyes narrow and even though the Sergeant is probably not lying, he is still trying to manipulate their decisions. She doesn't trust him.

Laria eyes the Sergeant, his claims are cause for concern, if they are true. The repeated attempts to try and convince them to just leave is a smoke screen in her mind. She already knows that will only mean they will be chased down later. But she cannot tell for sure if he is lying or not.

She scoffs, "Darling, you have no money. It is already mine and bought guards will not stay bought. Who will take the blame for our escape? No that will not work."

The dark-skinned elf tries to catch the other woman's eye and she shakes her head, "No the ogre's departure cannot be covered up with a charred corpse of a guard. Not even a fat lump like the Sergeant here. There doesn't appear to be a way of covering his escape right now."

"But, if his escape is blamed for the destruction of the prison, they might only look for him."

Before they decide anything for sure, she looks to see if any of the others can confirm her suspicion the Sergeant is lying.

[sblock=OOC]Intimidate (1d20+3=4)
Sense Motive (1d20=18) + Force Point (1d6=4) :p

The Sergeant appears to be trying to convince Laria the sky is not blue, even a good bluff would not work, there is already evidence against his claim. Unless by one dozen he is including the guards on duty in the gatehouse and on the walls.[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Laria Korianna
Initiative:
+3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Guidance, Mage Hand
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
The sergeants words seemed like he was telling them what they wanted to hear, to a certain degree. Jaylen wonders if the captive is trying to lead them into a trap, guiding them to a certain death, as he would probably do the same. Sense Motive +9

Sensing something is being left out, Jaylen narrows his gaze at the sergeant. "What are you leaving out, as your words betray you..."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"And you think those fat or muscular bodies would cover for my thin shape? Will we have to cut down what they have betwee there legs to make them look more feminine."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Jaylen] He is lying about the number of guards, there are probably less. He has padded the number to try and scare the group into action.[/sblock]

"I'm leaving." Antiol says with disgust. "The longer we stand around discussing this the more chance we have of getting caught. I say we take the sergeant up on his offer and leave posing as guards. Gold while nice doesn't do us any good here."

"I agree. We can cut down those guards if they see through our disguises." the big warrior says and then elbows the ogre. "I'm sure your for that. Right?"

Grumblejack just nods.

"I want out and soon too," Orsin says adjusting his guard outfit.

As the group starts to divide Curz wrings his hands and suddenly finds himself standing alone between the two sides.

"Good the three of us will be off and let the rest of you here searching for gold and bodies to burn."
Antiol says grabbing the sergeant up by the arm. "Come on you have some corrupt guards to bribe."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"He's lying about the number of guards. There are less. His plan worked apparently, as he's trying to get us to act quickly; perhaps fooling us to attempt to trick us into slipping up and causing our own capture again."

Jaylen looks to Valeria and Laria, with a raise of his eyebrow.
"Well, it's either we go with them now, or we stay here and make our own escape."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases