Legacy of Death Part V: Dead-eye of the storm

ecayford

First Post
Forge will approach to within 60 feet of the "brain" and wait for his more glib companions to speak. He stands with feet spread and arms crossed and fixes the brain with a cold stare.

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn will reply: "Yes, we are not from these parts. In fact, we are from no where around here at all. We come from a very far away place and found ourselves here through an unhappy... accident. We had heard there was a large settlement near here. We are on our way there. My name is Buckthorn." Buckthorn will ask them if they are familiar with the settlement, if they have ever been there, and if they know of any (other) dangers on the road they should try to avoid. He will ask if there is anything else strangers should know about these lands. He'll also relay about the parties encounter with the badders and see if they know anything about the raiders. (Diplomacy). He will also try to guess at their intent - if they are hostile or lying. (Insight)

Flaming Bob

First Post
Lucien quietly whispers to Nar "Professor, mayhaps your golem knows what that is?" As he nods to the brainy creature.

Immediately afterwards, he sidles up next to the halfling and looks the creatures over. There is an attempt made to assume a non-threatening posture, open hands, no weapons drawn (yet). He says nothing, awaiting the creature's response to Buckthorn.

EDIT: Lucien was down one surge prior to the recent healing.

Shadowy Tendrils: Lost
Cape teleport: lost

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
"Perhaps you speak of Burlin. Yes, it is a large settlement." Does he eye the robot?

"But your kind". Now, looking at you. "Are not always welcome there".

"You should consider staying with us for a while".

Another brainy type--though not quite as much--and another dazed oversized rabbit come out of the structure.

dyermaker001

Explorer
Nar-Heru puffs up a little "My name is Nar-Heru, the Lord of Fire. You may of heard of me, even in this distant place. We require your assistance. First, have you seen anyone else like us recently? Second, how far is it to Burlin and what else can you tell us about it? Third, do you have any food suitable for adventurers of our stature?

While the locals deal with the impression on the mighty wizard, Nar-Heru moves next to Robot1 and inquires about the nature of the bunnies and the brains.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Robot 1, using its discrete voice programming, and after some time considering the situation: “from what I extracted from the central database on our departure, I believe the long eared mamaniod is a ‘hoop’. The mutant human is probably a ‘serf’, which may explain the seeming appearance of some sort of inebriation or brain-damage among the hoops…”

Something about the elf (whatever could it be?) annoys the main “brain”, even as the others step back.

“Lord of Fire is it?”

There is a brief pause, then Nar feels a mental assault claw at his mind. Another “brain” and some more big rabbits wonder out.

Nar has a funny look on his face.

Roll for initiative...ASAP.

Nar: -28 hp, Dominated (save ends)

Attachments

• meet the serfs.jpg
    meet the serfs.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 82

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases