Legacy of Death Part V: Dead-eye of the storm - Page 4

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Gygax Magazine I Defended The Walls!

ø Ignore TerraDave
    Buckthorn has apparently been also affected by the mental attack....the rest of you are ready! (to at least make his save, in Nar's case).

Nar starts is off, by taking a swing at Buckthorn with his staff! The halfling is missed.

Lucian, Forge, and Nar go
    They go
    You all go
    Last edited by TerraDave; Thursday, 13th September, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
    A semi-brief History of D&D and some other RPGs: Part 1: 1967-1979 Part 2: 1980-1989
    All the official stuff for 4e
    Bonus:

4E has rituals, use them, they're magic;
    Want to see the greatest thing you will ever see? then click;
    You can use “Earth” as a D&D setting;
    Origins of The Rouse; (look for it)
    The Rouse responds; (look for it)
    One can appreciate both old and new D&D.

Sensing that Nar has been attacked by the big brain, Forge charges the brain.

Minor to perhaps trigger unyeilding avalanche (level 15 upgrade of rain of steel)
    Last edited by ecayford; Thursday, 13th September, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Save

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

ø Ignore TerraDave
    Forge, you fail to hit the "brain", but manage to activate your avalanche...this time.
    A semi-brief History of D&D and some other RPGs: Part 1: 1967-1979 Part 2: 1980-1989
    All the official stuff for 4e
    Bonus:

4E has rituals, use them, they're magic;
    Want to see the greatest thing you will ever see? then click;
    You can use “Earth” as a D&D setting;
    Origins of The Rouse; (look for it)
    The Rouse responds; (look for it)
    One can appreciate both old and new D&D.

FYI - that's +1AC and saves, regen of 3 while bloodied and brain gets damage and is slowed until the end of its turn bc starts next to me.

Following directly behind Forge, Lucien launches into the air, ending his charge in a flanking position.

EDIT: Vaulting Charge was confirmed with a "6" during our last session. As this is first strike, the attack is vs. Reflex.
    Last edited by Flaming Bob; Thursday, 13th September, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

ø Ignore TerraDave
    Even as it scoffs at the fighter, the serf master-mind is clearly surprised by the vaulting horned “mutant” …leavings its defenses down. And it is hit again from a circling axe.
    It retaliates with a mind blast that hits Lucian and Buckthorn, leaving them dazed (28 dmg) and has a lesser effect on Forge (14).

One of the other serfs strikes at the rogue and stabs him. (21 dmg) While the rogue ignores some poison from the serf, he is marked by him. The third serf unleashes a mental strike on Forge, psychically driving the dwarf away from the mastermind and also marking him. (29 dmg, pull resistance accounted for, I think).

The hoops start hopping…one manages to hit the dwarf by jumping into a flanking position (and rolling a 15; 15 dmg). The others focus fire on the rogue. Two miss, but one hits were it hurts, and, in some kind of justice, piles in some extra psychic damage of its own. (42 dmg). Two more come out of the barracks.

Please post by Monday...you ALL go.

Buckthorn -28 hp; dazed
    Forge -58 hp, bloodied, marked; Avlnch (going)
    Lucian -91 hp; bloodied (4hp), marked, dazed; VltChrg
    Nar -28 hp;
    R1 too far from Lucian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails meet the serfs.jpg  

Nar-Heru recovers from the mutant's assault. Determined to demonstrate his clear superiority to this deformed creature, he raises his hands above his head and transforms into pure flame (burning transformation, minor, confirmed with a 6). Moving directly into the fray (next to the brain and 2 hoops, down and right from lucien) he shoots a wave of flame (wake of fire,3 separate attacks, unconfirmed power, using burning gauntlets daily (first target hit 5 ongoing fire +1 damage), also unconfirmed.) at the brain, then up and left at the next two hoops.

"Insolent abomination! How dare you invade my mind!"

action point Surging with flame Nar deals more damage to the 3 adjacent creatures (combustive action feat, d6 roll for failure)

So, wake is gone, gauntlets are gone, combustive action works, 15 damage to all adjacent, add 5 damage to fire shroud for burning transformation. critical hit causes critical conflagration feat to trigger, creature taking critical hit now has additional 14 ongoing fire if d6 succeeds.

The he calls forth pillars of flame down on the enemies near him, (standard, fire shroud, burst 3, confirmed with a 6)

Should hit all but top left hoop (burst 3. +5 damage bonus from burning trans, +1 damage from burning gauntlets)
    Last edited by dyermaker001; Friday, 14th September, 2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Stupid Dice

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

ø Ignore TerraDave
    Dont be so sure about what a 4 means...but as those where not powers or items...its ok.

You bring fire and seem to confirm your earlier claims...until the mastermind teleports away, and most of the hoops manage to hop away unharmed! (see rolls, their luck continues).

You do give lucian a little more space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails meet the serfs.jpg  
    Last edited by TerraDave; Saturday, 15th September, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Forge will trigger his second wind. Gets 3 hp from stance. Attempts arms master challenge.

Glad I didn't bother. Bash and pummel with action point. I think that's my second 5 for this one. Does that mean I keep it?
    Last edited by ecayford; Saturday, 15th September, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast