[DND NEXT] So are we allowed to do this play by post now?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I wanna try out the new packet.

If we can't do play by post we might can find some time for a Google+ Hangout

I'll DM if needed or someone else can.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
If you need players I'm interested. I'm going to be bluntly sincere, though - I don't have a very good opinion of the current rules iteration, but want to try them before making my mind. This means actually testing the rules, so I'm not interested on a long flavorful story with lots of backgrounds or, in other words, a treatise on how you can make your game good despite the rules.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
If you need players I'm interested. I'm going to be bluntly sincere, though - I don't have a very good opinion of the current rules iteration, but want to try them before making my mind. This means actually testing the rules, so I'm not interested on a long flavorful story with lots of backgrounds or, in other words, a treatise on how you can make your game good despite the rules.

Well, I actually have a Neutral opinion of the rules that shifts from negative to positive.

To find where I really stand I've gotta use the rules. But to me that means in an actual game not just combat encounters, I consider the rp stuff as part of the game and must be experienced as well. I'm weird.

That means I'll have some story. Nothing really in depth, and probably pretty cliche.

If you are up for that. Welcome aboard. I'm actually surprise more people arn't wanting to play, I wonder if that's a bad sign for the system.

Someone

Adventurer
To find where I really stand I've gotta use the rules. But to me that means in an actual game not just combat encounters, I consider the rp stuff as part of the game and must be experienced as well. I'm weird.

That's probably close to what I meant - I want to know how it behaves in a standard game. Cliched is good. I'm not interested on the other hand, in an excercise of let's make this game good regardless of the rules; that would be pointless for a playtesting.

renau1g

First Post
I'm actually surprise more people arn't wanting to play, I wonder if that's a bad sign for the system.

I've noticed that the PbP boards in general have slowed down a lot, not sure if it's the summer vacations, or what.

Personally, I am on the fence based on reading it. I like some things, but IMO, 4e is awesome at tactical combat (which I love). I hope the tactical modules are enjoyable. I'd love to see 4e, but with less/no immediate-type actions, and lower hp's in general, something to make combat far quicker and more deadly.

Kaodi

Hero
I might be interested. Though they have not given us the rules for true multi-classing yet, backgrounds and specialties certainly still allow you to mix up the flavour. Like a Fighter/Sage/Acolyte.

Kaodi

Hero
Or maybe a Fighter/Priest/Magic-User. Or, wait for dice rolling... Edit: A... Rogue/Soldier/Acolyte?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases