[DND NEXT] So are we allowed to do this play by post now?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Sure, we need a straight up healer.

Cool that makes 5,

I was trying to recruit a friend of mine, so I might still let him in as a 6th... if he's not interested then we'll get started before Monday. EDIT: Er I mean we'll get started by Monday either way

He stated up a fighter and felt weak compared to the sorc above and we were resolving his feelings on that before he committed to the game. I think I agree with him.

Someone

Adventurer
He stated up a fighter and felt weak compared to the sorc above and we were resolving his feelings on that before he committed to the game. I think I agree with him.

That was actually kind of the point. At least for the first levels this kind of build gives as much damage as a sword and board fighter who's using his CS die for damage, and superior AC through Shield, which becomes spammable at later levels. Later though the fighter's CS dice makes him superior, damage wise, and much more accurate, but two wrongs don't become one good.

I'm ignoring several sorc features, but they're not very good anyway - like giving up an action and 1 will power for 2d6 extra damage on the next attack.

I'll be sure to point it in the next survey. Meanwhile if the sorc is a problem for the game, I'm open to suggestions. Would you prefer if I'm rolling something else?

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

No No, I'm serious about playtesting. I don't wanna houserule anything and I don't want to ask you to play something else.

If Sorc is really too powerful or fighter is too weak I wanna be able to say that in survey from my own experience.

However my friend is not as committed to that, he has decided not to play. So everyone get some characters together.

Here's and RG: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues...ext-reclaiming-blingdenstone.html#post5994315

Kaodi

Hero
New roll for class... Edit: Uh-oh... Well, maybe since we already have a volunteer for cleric, I will roll again. I already play a couple healers in other games; I do not dislike the class or anything. Edit 2: Fighter/Soldier/Acolyte then, I guess. Perhaps as a lad he was training to become a priest when war broke out and he was conscripted. His teacher, however, beseeched the gods to give him strength, and thus he was blessed with holy powers; one being Death's Door, eminently appropriate for a battlefield.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

I have one small thing... and please don't think I'm like pushing you to change your character...

I'd just love it if we didn't have 2 characters of the same background, so we could explore more stuff.

Walking Dad

First Post
Character stats are posted in the RG. I got some things twice, may I replace them with something else (items are healer's kits and holy symbols). That or I have to buy all equipment from scratch.

Moon_Goddess

Ok, after rereading that confusing line in the character creation doc and doing the math on all the packages, I realize, that it's

Choose:
150gp OR
Starting Equipment from your class OR
Starting Equipment from your background.

Sorry yeah I thought you got both too. And it sucks cuz it means no one will ever take the background one as it doesn't have the needed weapons and armor, but it has all the flavorful stuff. May have to run a game someday requiring players to start with just the equipment in the background.

Kaodi

Hero
If we want to spread out the backgrounds and specialties, perhaps I will just go with my original suggestion, the Fighter/Sage/Acolyte then. Edit: Also, I am pretty sure you do get equipment from both. Just look at the equipment on the pre-gens.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Has anyone decided on the Necromancer? I love them, even if they've always been weak. I'd like to try them out here. Note that i'm on vacation until Wednesday though with minimal/non-existant internet access

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases