[DND NEXT] So are we allowed to do this play by post now?

Walking Dad

First Post
Any reason for a cleric to keep one hand free (spellcasting?) if not, I consider getting a greatclub or scythe and using the mace as backup.

Someone

Adventurer
It's in the Magic section, Casting a spell. "Unless a spell's description says otherwise, a spell requires you to chant mystic words and complete intrncate hand motions with at least one of your hands.[...] Thus if you are silenced or don't have a hand free, you cannot cast a spell"

Walking Dad

First Post
The shield proficiencies given by the war domain seem suddenly less important ;)

Edit: But you could briefly hold a two-handed weapon only with one hand during the casting action, right?
Should be the same as holding the crossbow/bow when drawing your next bolt/arrow.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Thank you Someone.

Walking Dad: Yes you may hold a 2 handed weapon in one hand for any length of time desired but may not attack with it like that.

Shayuri

First Post
Hragh...

As much as I hate to say it, I think I'm at my limit after all. Possibly even a little over.

I'd love to play this, but in good conscience I think I'd better recant my participation and let you guys go on without me.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Sorry to see you go... Maybe I can get one of my friends in here to fill out the 5

Right now we have a Human Soldier Magic-User Sorcerer (Dragon), a Human Preist Healer Cleric (Sun), a Human Sage Acolyte Fighter (Slayer), and one who hasn't picked yet.

Kinda show's humans might be a bit overtuned...

Walking Dad

First Post
I chose human because the pre-gen and iconic 3rd edition cleric was a human sun cleric, as was my 1st Living ENWorld character.
I could change to a dwarf war cleric, if you would prefer more different races for this playtest, but this would be only my second choice.
My first 4e character I used was a fey warlock, so I could do something in this direction if someone else is only willing to play if he gets the cleric.
But I want this game to happen!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases