[DND NEXT] So are we allowed to do this play by post now?

Someone

Adventurer
About the Ogremoch's bane fight, let's see if I'm getting this right. There's a barrier that the elementals can't get through, and if we get to them we'll be attacked by seemingly a lot of lesser elementals and OB itself. Not that doing that will do much good, since non-magical attacks won't to anything.

So, is there any incentive at all to do anything but stay where we are and plink away at OB's hit points with Radiant Lance and Ray of Frost? Other than the fighters' and rogues' yawning eventually becoming deafening, of course.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Pretty much seems that way. Non-magical stuff doesn't effect it, and I'm not about to leave the barrier and get smashed by a giant dust bunny. Luckily our DM gave Agren something to stare at, which he is trying to figure out wtf it is.

We may or may not of skipped something, since I wouldn't think they would just stick you in a bubble with the hope that there is a ranged caster in the party...

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
You did in fact skip something, the adventure is most decidedly laid out old school it doesn't lead you by the nose it's very possible to miss important things and die because if it.

The barrier only holds back the elementals, it's entirely possible for you to swing a weapon through the barrier if you had happen to have found a magical weapon.

It is also possible to walk through the barrier and take your chances at what happens outside....

The light of the radiant lance revealed the drow lady to everone not just agren, so everyone knows there is something more in the room but not where.

Above and beyond that, the adventure says that after a few rounds if your getting bored their is something i can give you to help... At a price. You just got bored sooner than they expected.

Also creative thinking will be rewarded in this fight.

Kaodi

Hero
What are we going to do with the new updates? They are fairly significant. I, for one, will need to make some major changes to skills and specialty if we adopt them (which we probably should). And I doubt I am the only one.

Moon_Goddess

I was just looking over things to see about that.

I think there is no sense playtesting an old version... but the changes are truely significant, a large amount of the party is relying on at-will spells granted from specialties for this fight and that seems to be gone.

Additionally I'm not sure how to handle the Sorc

So, lets get everyone's input what do we think we should do?

Moon_Goddess

How about we fast forward this fight we can already see how it's going

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Moon_Goddess

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], [MENTION=54781]OnlytheStrong[/MENTION], [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]

Thoughts here?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases